Saint Mary’s College Top Questions

Bridget

Saint Mary's is small, all woman's college that is plagued by views from outsiders as being inferior to other students and other schools. Many fail to appreciate the beauty that this small college offers to individuals such as myself. Going to an all girls school empowers the women who attend to be leaders in their community and instills mindsets of courage, confidence, and strength in its students. Despite this, the I often interacted with individuals that label Saint Mary's women as inferior, using derogatory terms to stomp the confidence the school tries to instill.

Because Saint Mary's College is a relatively small school, certain classes are not always offered because there are not enough people to take it. This makes it difficult when I am interested in taking particular classes, since some are rarely offered. However, professors are often willing to cooperate with students and offer unique accommodations, such as independent study, in order to meet student needs. Although it is frustrating when the classes in which I am interested are not offered, I am confident that the professors can help me find a way to take them.

Allie

lack of diversity, all the girls want to go across the street to party. i hate dorm parties!

haley

The cost of tuition is one of the only frustrating things about my school.

Allie

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that I'm the only liberal in a sea of conservatives. Some days it feels like I'm in a prison with rich republicans.

Frances

I truly love my college and the college experience I have been fortunate to have thus far so it is difficult for me to decide on the most frustrating thing as there are not many. I wish that I was able to begin taking classes in my major sooner. When I can to Saint Mary's, I knew that I wanted to be a teacher and I wish I could have begun taking classes directed towards this occupational goal my first year.

Jill

The most frustrating thing about Saint Mary's is the complete lack of socioeconomic and racial diversity. There is a real lack of of communication and assistance from the financial aid department, and a lot of girls choose not to come here because they cannot afford it.

Kim

The most frustrating part of Saint Mary's College is the coursework load. I am constantly studying and doing homework it is hard to find enough time for every week for going out on the weekends. There are high expectations of all of the students and the amount of coursework and material that is required of us is a lot to handle. I get frustrated with all of the work but I honestly believe it is helpful and worth while so I would not change it.

The most frustrating thing about this school is that there is very little diversity. Most of the women who attend this college are from upper-middle class White backgrounds. Most attended a Catholic or private highschool and many attended a women's highschool.