Winona, MN
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Mary's University of Minnesota

YONTONSON

Sports, Religious groups, and recreational activities.

Sports, Religious groups, and recreational activities.

Everything works just right at this school. The time of the classes are convenient for parents and working adults. This among several reasons attracts me to this institution. This is not a high cost education system and the quality and accreditation also attracts me as well.

Preston

some classmates are more willing to participate and be involved in class then others, but everyone is respectful to the class and to the teacher.

If I could go back and give advic to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get more involved and not to be so timid about trying new things or meeting new people. Saint Mary's is a very small school and a very close nit community, so it's important to get out of your dorm room to do things and meet people.

The lack of activities to do during the weekend. There are lots of events during the week but not many during the weekend.

mariam

I would tell myself to make sure I search and apply for every scholarship I see prior to attending school. I was would also tell myself to remember to stay true to your morals and your thoughts instead of falling for peer pressure. You don't have to try hard for people to like you, just be yourself. Always remind yourself why your there and you have a "mission" to accomplish, make school a priority. Also in college you can eat anything you want and all you want but don't get carried away (remember freshman15! ). Stay in touch with your family, sometimes you'll need that comfort even if it's via Skype. Make your expectations realistic. A lot of people come to college expecting “the best time of their lives.” When expectations aren't met, it can be depressing. That's pretty much all the advice I would give.

The best thing about Saint Mary's is the size. A small school might seem boring but it's really beneficial. You get to know your professors personally and it's really easy to get around campus. Whereas a bigger school is the total opposite and it could be quite overwhelming as a college freshman.

Angela

The next four years you spend in college will be the most important four years of your life. They determine your future. Be sure to explore all areas you have of interest and do not worry about making mistakes. Mistakes will shape you. They will guide you in the direction you are meant to go. Do not worry about failing. The only failure you can have is regret. Follow that direction of mistakes and never look back with regret. Always be true to yourself and your heart. You must always give it your all. If it's not your all, believe me, you will live in regret. The transition to college will be tough. You will struggle with studies, finances and the balance of heartache and friends. You WILL get through it. Don't let anyone hold you back, or sway your heart from what you know is right for you. Good luck. And remember, I am always here if you should ever need support. I promise you will never be alone.

I am always able to get a hold of someone if I need help; and they are super helpful. I have had conversations with other students who feel the same way.

Mariana

Beautiful Bluffs and green scenery, The cardinal mascot, catholic traditions, religious tolerance, on-campus housing, small class sizes, small convieniant campus, helpful new student orientation, international students

I would tell myself to relax a lot more becuase the college experience is not a scary experience. We are given freedom as well as new responsibilities that help us become better adults. The transition can get hard, but the outcome is worth it. Making friends was easy and it led to a great year filled with fun activites, learning a lot academically along the way. There was always a new club or activty to be a part of as well as volunteering opportunities. The church was a great way to embrace my sprituality and the library was a place to get my homework done. So a great experience at my college will give me great memories and will be beneficial in giving me a better future.

That fact that it is a four-year university , the wonderful bluffs that we can hike, the extra-curricular activities, meeting new people, freedom

manee

Saint Mary's University is best known for being diverse.

Saint Mary's University is best known for being diverse.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advices now, I would tell myself to work harder and to not procastinate. Procastinating only makes it harder to get things done and it WILL effect your GPA fast! Another advice I would tell myself is to get involved in sports or activities. It's good to have a strong resume and to find out what interests me. My own advice would just be; be yourself. Work hard and reach for your goal. School is your number one priority. Focus and get things done, and don't procastinate until the last minute.

The most frustrating thing about my school is getting around to places. For example, getting around in the cities.

Dana

Dear me, I know the next few months are going to be hard. Don't worry about college right now because you don't want to miss out in the moments of high school. High school was so fun and yet college is going to be even better. When you here, stop being shy; breakout make new friends. Know that it is perfectly fine to find friends that are like Lindsey and Marykate. I promise that Lindsey is your best friend;however you do make really awesome friends. Beside the adivce about friends, collge is one step harder on school work. There will be days when sleeping becomes almost impossible. Please spend lots of time working on homework, but make sure to get a tutor if it gets very difficult. Study! Study! Study!

The small enviroment is very nice. The overall size is perfect because it is small enough to know lots of people but big enough not to know everyone.

I wish I would have known more details overall of the school.

McKenzie

Be realistic about where you want to start. Community colleges provide the same undergraduate education, and you save so much money. But even more than that, you are not missing out on anything! You are still going to have so mant opportunities, and meet so many new and fabulous people. It does not matter where you start. It only matters how hard you work, and where you end up. Starting at community college and then applying to universities also lets four year schools see that you are in it for the long haul. You want to move on, and that means a lot to the admissions representatives. Your college experience is going to be amazing no matter where you go. Just put your heart and soul into everything you do, and it will come through. Save money early so that you can afford to spend money on higher education later. And who knows? With the opportunities at community college, you may not even have to pay for it. You may get universities to come looking for you.

Yer

A place so peaceful and safe, sometime it's like your on vacation.

A place so peaceful and safe, sometime it's like your on vacation.

If i could back and talk to my self in high school, one main thing that i would say is take more advance college prep classes. Taking these college prep courses can help with transferring credits that was earn in high school to your college. The other main important thing about taking these courses is being able to know how the enviroment in college feels like. The amount of homework that are given and the way the teacher teaches. This advice would have given me the biggest help in the long run.

One thing i wished i would have known before attending Saint Mary's univeristy is that having low diversity can impact a person social life and grades.

Matthew

If I could go back in time and tell my high school self about the college life I would tell myself to pay more attention in high school and to try my hardest and be the best that I can be. In telling myself this I would hope that I would have done better in high school and be a better person, also I would tell myself that I should take all the college classes that my high school offers so I would not have to spend so much money in the long run and would graduate college sooner. I would also persuade myself to do more extracurricular activities and get more involved in my school and my community and help out wherever I could. I would also tell myself to research colleges rather than choosing last minute like I ended up doing and to look into as many careers that interest me earlier and try to get to work in that career to see if I would like it or not and could see myself doing it for the rest of my life. With this knowledge I would have probably would be a lot further than I am today.

Saint Mary's University of Minnesota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.