Saint Paul College Top Questions

mohamed

if i could go back when i was senior iwould have learned go to college will require work and hard working

Antonia

My main advice would be plan and save your money. The expenses in college are more than you expect and there usually are less reliable incomes adding to your bank account. You may become sick and have to take time off work, or your car may break down so plan for it to cost fifty perctent more than what you think. Although you have not many expense now, the expense pile up quickly after the summer before college. You will do great and although hard times are going to come, because they have, you will be strong and grow. When those times come try to breathe more and relax as the bad new trickles in, otherwise you will react to quick. Be clear with who you are and what you want. Too much time would be wasted trying to figure out a way out of trouble, just be kind but clear in the begining. And lastly, go with your instinct.

If I could go back, I would tell myself that going to college was definitely an option for me. I was painfully shy, and a "middle-achiever." My parents were also totally broke. My perception back then was that college was only for people who were exceedingly smart or who had parents wealthy enough to pay their way for the next 4 years. In my mind, the first group were singled out sometime in junior year, lifted up, and had scholarship money lavished upon them. And the rich kids would go to college because it was expected and would be paid for. It truly did not occur to me that I could go to college too. I'm now 29, not terribly behind, but certainly not a traditional student. I sometimes regret not having jumped in to college life right out of high school. But I am also alright with what I have accomplished at my own pace.

Isir

The advice that I would give myself would be to work as hard as possible and to make sure to apply to as many scholarships as possible. I would tell myself that things will get harder and you must prepare to struggle. Life will not always be easy so keep your head up. I would also tell myself that my parents will not always be there to support me. You have to learn how to do things on your own. You have to be your own person and in the end it will be you who will either fail or succeed. I would tell myself that friends are important but they are not that important. Hold on to the ones that you love and make sure that they stay in your life. Lastly, I would tell myself to have confidence always and to never be insecure in your place and wherever you are. Hold your head up and take life by it's horns.

If I was to go back and become a hs senior again, I would best advise myself about my health. Knowing that sometimes your health would deteriate and prevent you from going to school as a full time student, I would advise myself to take a year off and volunteer at the Children's Museum. It will help me to think more about what I wanted to major in and I will have a chance to catch up on my sleep. Not that I don't sleep but hs is stressful and I only snooze for 5 hours less. I wish I learned to take care of myself when I was younger so I don't have any regrets when I grow up.

Mario

I would tell myself that I should lookup the career that I have passion for and not just do it for the money but, to do something I love and truly enjoy. I would of hold on to a famous quote that says "Love what you do and you will never have to work a day in your Life". Finding information for the career that I love in highschool would of helped me instead of wasting my time thinking on a career that promises a prosperous and rich future, even though I will do something that I don't enjoy at all . So thinking back I would of saved a lot of time and actually put to work that time, developing the perfect plan to get where I want to get, and have what I always wanted, a successfull and joyful career.

I would definently tell myself to go to a four year college and declare my major as undecided. You may think that you know exactly what you want to do, but it is more then likely to change. Also I would not go to a two year community college. It may be cheeper but in the long run you miss the dorm life, meeting new friends in the dorms, and just general campus lifestyle that you will never get from going to a two year school. I wish I would of just chosen a school to go to and transfered later on so I had the chance of the dorm life. I also wish I would of realized that it is ok to not know for sure what you want to do and it is ok to change your mind.

1) I would tell myself to read more books because it would help reading skill level alot. 2) to practice taking better notes, that are readable and easy to review. 3) to start saving money for lunch, bus fare and text books. 4) to walk more that way when the elevators dont work I'll be less out of breath when I get to class. 5) not to be shy in class, speak up and ask questions 6) to start volunteering somewhere and gain credit wit people in my neighborhood.

Save all your money and go to school right after you graduate!

To stay focused on education and not be too distracted by other things in life. To remember that caring for the health of your mind and body is the first priority. To surround yourself with good, supportive, and caring people, and to learn how to recognize people who are taking advantage or using you or aren't respectful. To learn how to respect other people and their differences and to give them a chance. To learn how you are doing yourself a disservice when you are harsh with yourself and others. Most of all, to keep in mind that wisdom and maturity and self-realization is gained only through life experience, so expect it to be a hard journey, but know it will get better.