Jersey City, NJ
Saint Peter's University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Peter's University

Fixed  rate loan

Edward

Not only is Saint Peter's University my first and only chosen school, but attending the university is like being part of a huge, diverse family. The amount of students living on campus is nothing like other universities but it is definitely an adequate amount to make you feel at home. No one I have met is judgmental or bias in any way. In the beginning, I felt homesick almost every night before going to bed but now when I go home during breaks, I feel homesick being away from school. I have learned to truly love and appreciate my school.

As a business management major, I am taking microeconomics and macroeconomics, calculus, business management and marketing, English and accounting. The textbooks piled upon my desk seems intimidating but it actually is not so bad. I love to learn and these courses are helping me learn about my future career in business, whatever that may be.

Anthony

Saint Peter's University is not much different from any other college on the surface. It has typical school hours and classes, and holds the typical school events; sporting, clubs, societies, etc.. However, there is something that cannot be explained, a feeling of comfort. A feeling that everyone is there for a purpose and to help one another. I have yet to make a single friend, but somehow I still find myself desiring to be on campus during the weekend just to be could in that amazing atmosphere.

If I could go back I would tell myself to not take college lightly. That the world is not going to bend at my will; to humble myself before the institution of higher learning and to remember that it decides my fate of where I may go. Also to keep in mind the goals of the future at all times and learn from the mistakes of the past. Finally, to remember that time is both a friend and foe, be wary.

Nia

My school is best known for engaging their students. This particular school is known for the stomping ground for Dr.Martin Luther King to continue his fight for equal rights for African Americans. With that being said is why this Jesusit is known for continue involvement with the community and to serve them it suitable for them.

The advice I would give myself would start preparing for an awesome ride. I would like tosay trust , believe, dedicate and love myself to continue on this ride that will turn into an adventure. The journey is where I would be able to discover who and want I to apply myself to uplift my family as my community to heights that was never thought to be achieved. The chaos and the insanity of the experiences as a high school student would be more than worth it. The life lessons I have learned have prepared me for my destiny to be a force to be reckon with.

The Best thing in our school is the driving force and determination of the adminstrative support to help the students excel their own expectations.

Kasim

If I could go back in time and speak to my past self, I would tell him to take his last year of highschool seriously. I will warn him that he has no idea what's waiting for him on the other side after graduation. In a way, college is the closest you can get to being on your own without fully being on your own. You get to decide when you eat, when you sleep, what time you have class, and other things that were out of your control before. But with all this newfound freedom comes great responsibility. You have to learn time management, because it's very easy to get overwhelmed with work while in college. I would tell him to be careful, and not let his social life interfere with his work, because for the first time in your life you're paying to go to school. If you flunk, you either drop out or pay to take that class again. It might sound scary, but I will assure him that he can handle it, and to strive for excellence in everything he does. College, much like life, is what you make it,

The great opportunites it provides for its students to get a job in their field right after graduation.

Renee

Its diversity among students, its close proximity to NYC, its financial aid help for the students, and its sports teams

Opportunities are endless. When you go to college, make sure you take full advantage of all of the resources on campus. You can rise above and become a leader within your campus community through intriguing research experiences unrelated to classwork Make as many network connections you can with your professors. These are the guys that will give you the best advice on how to succeed not only in the classroom, but also in life. Professors will take you under their wing by telling you their experiences and teaching you new things. Also, be sure to have an equal balance between being focused academically and socially. You need to know when you might have to skip a party to work on a paper, but papers and assignments should not be completely detrimental to your social life. Be sure to also take care of yourself. The "Freshman 15" is a real thing and it is important to keep yourself healthy. If you are coming into college with unhealthy habits, now is the perfect time to begin changing! Most of all, do not lose yourself. College is a new journey of discovery; keep humble and stay focused.

I wish I had known that there are so many more opportunities for research and leadership than I had originally thought

Catherine

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not stress out too much and try to relax. Don't be overwhelmed by the details. Step back and see the big picture.

Ifeoluwa

Best thing about the school will always be the diversity of religion, culture and way of life. Although it's a Jesuit school, it accomodates everyone equally, matter fact, it has a muslim prayer space! I like the school but I detest the space area. I do not appreciate the very thight spaces. But thinking about it, being that it's a school in a major city, they are a decent size. When I tell my friends that I go to this school, they simply nod or give me a oh. It is not a big school (attention-wise). It's an 'ohh' school -- respectable and decent. On campus, I spend most of my time in the recreation center swimming, playing basketball, pool or ping pong. This is a very proud school but we take our pride a bit too far. Proof: our mascot's a peacock! I find that funny. It makes the school unusual since I can walk up to my friends and boldly flaunt my pretty peacockiness. The one experience that I will always definitely remember is the freshmen orientation. They are too well welcoming. The most frequent complaint would always be about the dorming aspect. Unfortnately, I can give out only a little detail about that since I commute! Commuting to the city is a quality experience!

the students are very diversed but unfortunately reserved. Its pretty difficut to open up to a bunch of strangers but as time goes on, we become family. MOst students dress city style, flamboyantly decent and sort of show offy but everyone has a personal intrest.

The academics are decent. I will rate it a 3.75 out of 5. My professors know my name and I think its common to every other student. My favorite class was my math cass. He was funny and easy to understand. Participation is a bigg deal and the students battle it out UFC style for grades. My major is Biochemistry and my aim is medicine. The school is pretty challenging. try to get into the Honors program as best as you can. You'll go deeper into details.

City kids, predominantly Latinos and black American. Whie it's not exactly right since this is a very diverse school, it sort of tends to be the case

Cheyanne

It's a pretty good school, although it might be too small for some people. There's always tons of stuff to do, both on and off campus, and the people are generally cool. There's also a lot of great teachers and subsequently, a lot of good classes. It's a solid school.

The students at SPC are really diverse. You can seriously find any sort of person there, and there are tons of clubs for people to join and connect with like-minded people or people who they can relate to.

The classes are usually pretty small, (around thirty students at most), and the professors are can be very warm and involved with your academic success. In the end, pretty much everyone wants to work with you to make sure that you do well. One of my favorite classes is my Spanish for Native Speakers class. It is accessible even to non-native speakers... Like me!

A big stereotype about St. Peter's is that only kids from in-state attend the school, which even I believed. However, I found this wasn't true at all. There are tons of out of state students, and a bunch of international students as well. They provide the school with a very cool, diverse mix of people.

Melissa

Saint Peters College is like a home away from home and almost everyone becomes a family , you feel comfortable as yourself there, it is a wonderful school and there academic program is phenomenal.

My school is best known for its great academic program as well as its sports program, many people travel from far places to take advantage of these programs, the teachers really do care at the school.

If I could go back in time and tell myself about college, I would first remind myself that college isn't free. Every decision I make should be the right one because I'm paying to go to this school. Also I would tell myself that college is the house of opportunities and that once one comes towards me and its beneficial to me I'll take it. Another thing i would say to myself is not to burn the bridges people have built for me, meaning don't cut off friends or professor that are actually trying to help me. Lastly I would tell myself don't get too upset when I make mistakes because I'm not perfect, no one is, just learn from them and apply it to everyday life.

Saint Peter's University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.