Saint Vincent College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Saint Vincent College

Shane

I love it. It is welcoming and comes to be like a second home. At times can be isolated. Beautiful and always something to look at. The students try to keep other students involved and social. Provides safety with friendly atmosphere and no large population of people around campus at night.

Faith

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at Saint Vincent! The community is like no other! Everyone is so welcoming and supportive, these were some of the first things that I noticed when I first stepped foot on the beautiful campus! I love the small class sizes and the attention given to the individual student.

The campus is gorgeous, and everyone here is friendly. Professors are willing to help if you ask and are easily accessible. The APB Committee is always posting activities on and off campus for students to participate. There are also many clubs and intramurals for students to join!

Judith

I love Saint Vincent College! The small, Catholic school environment was the biggest draw to the school for me. Choosing this school was one the the best decisions i have made. I am given a high quality education, and a unique college experience, especially with the monastery on campus. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone considering.

School is decent for what is around. It's old as heck, small classrooms and more like high school. Doesn't live up to the hype. Food is from eat n park, so its meh, few places to drive to to eat. Good luck figuring everything out on your own, not many people around to help you out if you have questions. Good luck if youre a commuter, they dont do anything in the winter time for them.

Keyana

Saint Vincent College is a very friendly campus in my opinion. Almost everyone talks or smiles at me when they see me. The food is good on most days though there are sometimes at the Shack where the food sucks but it is usually because it is really crowded. There is not many places to go off campus unless you have a car. The people on campus do plan a lot of different things to do during the week like bingo, movie night, wing night, etc..

Christian

Saint Vincent College was my second choice as to where to attend. Ultimately, my decision was based on which of the two schools I had applied to gave me more financial aid. Initially I was not a very big fan of Saint Vincent. A good portion of the students don't seem to be very engaged in their education. Rather, they're just there to check boxes and get a degree. The professors, while generally great, are predominantly conservative. While this doesn't generally affect classes or discussion, I have heard that the hiring of new professors is directly affected by their political views which I find highly problematic. There is also clear favoritism for certain departments at the school. The Math and Sciences departments have a beautiful building which has just been added onto with a cadaver lab. The humanities on the other hand have a few floors in one of the older buildings and the English department is currently understaffed and there has been talk of the school not hiring a new English professor after a previous professor retired. Anyway, I still enjoy the education and have encountered more eclectic groups of students on campus. So it's not all bad.

Keirstin

It is a beautiful small campus in Pa. The people are very welcoming. It felt like home from the start. The small class sizes ensure that all students get the direction and special attention to achieve. The dorms are some of the largest I had visited with plenty of space for both you and your roommate.

Joseph

Saint Vincent College is a small liberal arts school located in Latrobe Pennsylvania. The school is largely centered around its Catholic traditions. There is a monastery on campus and it is nice to meet the clergy and have conversations with them. Additionally the faculty is helpful and generally work to ensure that their students perform well. Unfortunately that is where the schools positive aspects end. Outside of academics, there are clubs to join but very few are non-academic, and provide limited social experiences. The campus is out of walking distance, meaning that in order to get off campus one must have a car or know someone with one. Additionally the school has a strict no party rule. Large social gatherings are largely frowned upon, and infractions of the rules have serious consequences. Over all the residence life staff act as cops, and look to start issues with the residents. As a result the on campus experience is overall negative. As a result I cannot recommend this school for most students. This school is a good fit for those only interested in their faith, and a generally caring academic staff. If one is interested in enjoying themselves on the weekends this school is not a good place.

Abigail

Love it! The campus is beautiful and you get an experience that many others do not by having the Seminary on campus, so you have a lot of monks walking around as well. One does not need to be religious to attend Saint Vincent College, for those that are though there is a magnificent basilica on campus.