Chicago, IL
Saint Xavier University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Xavier University

Kyra

I would be more appreciative if there were more activities to involve myself in. There aren't any sororities, it's actually pretty boring. The people are sectioned in the diner as if it is high school. In actuality, my high school years were better than the current year I am facing.

Jasmine

My overall opinion of Saint Xavier University is that its a really good school because of the size of student and resources. I love the resources in this school because they is a lot to choose from for example the learning center where they tutor students. Also i like the size of student for each class because the most will be 35 so the proffers will actually know your name and help you with work.

Fran

The graduate nursing program at Saint Xavier was awful. The instructors didn't have to make things so difficult on the students. It seemed like they actually enjoyed torturing us. I would never recommend this school to anyone as everything seems politically motivated and many of the people running it are a joke. Students have been dismissed in their last semester after the school collected all their money. Do yourself a favor and pick another school.

Yesenia
What do people really wear to class?

What do people really wear to class?

People wear what makes them feel the most comfortable. If you want to wear sweatpants or shorts or a dress, go ahead no one will stop you. If you just want to dress up casual then go ahead as well. Now if you are giving a presentation or doing something like a lab, well there are specifics for outfits. Dress up fancy to look professional for presentations and follow wardrobe instructions for labs!!

Shelby

College can seem scary, but it realy isn't all that bad. It will get tough and stressful at certain points especially during midterms or finals, but you can get throught just keep your head up. Don't be scared about leaving all of your friends because you will me so many new people, that will soon become your family. You picked the perfect school for you that will become you home away from home. Be yourself and don't change for anyone, because your amazing plus if your friends really love you, you shouldn't have to change for them. Do not procrastinate and turn in all your papers the day before they are do, no only does it get it off your plate, but your Proffesors like it and see that you care about their class, as much as they do.

Saint Xavier is a school that anybody is welcomed in with open arms. You will meet the nicest people you have ever meet in your life. This school is perfect for the people that like smaller classrooms, and want a great relatonships with their Professors. The Professors realy care and always are their if you are confused or need help with an assignment. I honestly believe this school could be for anyone, especially if that person wants to have a home away from home.

I brag mostly about my Professors, my friends who go to huge schools often complain that their proffessors have no idea who they are. I like to brag that not only do my Professors know who I am but I have also had countless meatings or conversations with them and that I actually have a good relationship with all of them as well.

Cara

My school, in all fairness, has a good proportion in size, activities, and clubs. It is fairly balanced and always seems populated.

My school is the oldest Catholic college in Chicago and is rich in cultural tradition.

If I could tell my former self I would tell myself to tough out the full time classes better and don't slack off when feeling the heat. Hard work in school truly pays off!

Lucy

I highly recommend that you attend a community college first. The loans you take out to attend a 4-year university are going to haunt you for the rest of your life. Your debt will be so high that you won't know what to do with it. Play it smart and finish your 2 year degree first and then work your way up. An Associates will allow you to work in your field, get experience, and allow you to get into a job that will offer tuition reimbursement. Also, look up scholarships. Even if you have the grades, there are plenty of scholarships that do not require a high GPA or for you to be involved in extracurricular activities. Lastly, I suggest you wait to get married and have children until you are completely done with your education. Although having a family is awesome, they will consume a lot of your time because there are many experiences you will not want to miss out on which may compromise your ability to successfully finish your education. Be smart and put your education before anything else because your education will make you or break you.

The best thing about my school is that it is very diverse both in students and faculty. The diversity found within the students and faculty allowed me to enhance my learning experiences. As a nursing student, diversity is an part of learning and in the ability to successfully provide quality care to patients and their families.

Christopher

I would tell myself to focus on work and not to give up. Also i would warn myself about having a relationship while in high school because there have been times where i been thrown off focus by dating girls.

The tuition is to high, most students have to take out loans just to attend there.

Mariam

The first piece of advice I would give myself is to choose the college I planned to go to more carefully. I would tell myself to select a university that has my field of study as a priority and not just because all my friends were going there. Furthermore, transferring schools is complicated and I would save the future me from many sleepless nights. The second piece of advice I would give myself is to change my procrastination ways. Although they didn’t hinder me in high school, college is a whole different ball game. I’d advice myself to study before hand and save my future self from all the stress and frustration of cramming it all in my brain the night before. The last piece of advice I’d tell myself before I got sent back to the future is to make connections with my professors. They actually do want me to succeed in their course and will take the time to help me when needed. Also, the better connected I am with a professor the more sincere the recommendation letter will be when I need it for medical school.

Anyone who's career goal is to become a doctor.

Doesn't have many opportunities for premedical students.

Saint Xavier University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.