Chicago, IL
Saint Xavier University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Xavier University

Christopher

What will I get out of college experience will be huge accomplishment, I will not only learn the meaning of being all on my own, but to make decisions that only effect me and my future. I have choose to go into culinary arts, because of the respect I have on food and how is prepared. I will get from this education the start to finish how any food we eat and prepare, what foods go with others, taste and serving abilities. The is going to be valuable in my accomplishments from present to future, as a chef in where ever I apply the education to. My first ventures in the kitchen was learning from my mom the basics and found a natural abiltiy as well the apptitude of cooking. The culinary arts will give me the basis I need starting out as a chef at any level.

linda

I have grown up professionally as I was pursuing my Bachelors Degree. I have learned acceptance of others viewpoints, traditions, and other ways of life. I have been able to secure employment in a higher level of management because of my degree. All in all, this experience has made me a more suitable candidate for the profession that I am involved with.

terrance

they are heart warming and they make everyone feel needed and makes them feel like they belong there

sports and its religous figure

that no matter what you going through in the past you can have a fresh start in life

Virginia

My school is located near in a great area near stores and restaurants. It is a beautiful campus that is well protected by security. In the summer, the beautiful grounds are covered with flowers and in the winter the beautiful white snow. I enjoyed the campus feeling of being at home.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say many things. The most important thing I would say is Virginia, you need to stay focus on your education and stay in school right now. You may think and say to yourself that school will always be there for you, but you won't be thinking about how you are going to manage your education when other things in life change. For instance, I didn't go back to school right away and as a result, I had a baby. Had I gone to college right after high school, my focus would have been on my education. By waiting and thinking I had time, things changed and soon I was responsible for another life. It took me many years later to complete my college degree juggling with a baby, a job and part-time school. Stay focus I say on your desires to become educated and don't delay. You will have a better life if you stay in school. Before you know it, you will have earned your degree and continue the path of life.

There is nothing really I can say is bad about my school. St. Xavier gave me the opportunity to complete my degree by providing evening and weekend classes. Without this, I would not have been able to continue my studies.

Saint Xavier University is different from other schools because they have very small class sizes, which allows for more one on one time. With that, I feel more like a student rather than just another face in a big lecture hall. With more one on one time, I am getting a better education since it will be easier to get help if I have problems with anything. I also noticed that SXU has a very high percent of graduates having a full-time job, even in this economy, and that set SXU above other schools to me.

If I could go back to when I was a high school senior, I would make sure I had all of my priorities straight and make sure I'm on the right path. I would figure out what I want to accomplish, and really focus on my goals. A lot of people have the attitude that "I made it through high school, I can just sail through college too." That isn't the case though, you have to really work hard to get where you want to be. In college, I have also noticed that time management is very important, along with study skills. I would better prepare myself by taking some college preparation classes, such as advanced placement because people who took those in high school said it really helped the transition. The classwork and homework is done a little differently, so I feel that those classes would have really helped. As far as the social aspect of college, I would have better prepared myself for living "on my own" by doing even the simplest things by myself such as laundry and shopping for necessities.

I tell my friends about how helpful the teachers are and how you can develop a great relationship with them due to the class sizes. Also, the teachers are very easy to contact whenever I have questions or problems with any assignments or things like that. The school also has a great intermural program with all kinds of sports like basketball, volleyball and softball, along with team sports like the SXU football team. Its a great school for people who want to get an education and be a part of something, and have an overall enjoyable experience at school.

Ryan

The best part is there are many unique and small opportunities to take advantage off. The school is easily accessible to downtown Chicago, and offers rides and sometimes free tickets to great events happening in Chicago. For example, theater plays, improv shows, and Chicago Bulls games. The more you get involved the better you'll be off at SXU. Also, I feel the small classroom sizes make for a better learning environment. Most professors are really there to teach you and help you in any way needed, as long as your willing to learn and actively listen.

In order to get the most out of college you must GET INVOLVED! College is full of opportunites. Although you must stay motivated in your studies, it is important to make time to have fun, do service, network, and maintain a social life. Getting involved can lead to a potential job, new friends, the building of confidence and character, better cultural understanding of the world, and shapes you into a leader for the future. When picking out a college, make sure you find college that fits your personality and lifestyle. You should also think ahead and plan out your entire four-years of college to make sure your on track to graduate on-time or even be able to fit a study abroad program if you desire. The best advice I can give to anyone is that college is what you make it to be. You can make a boring school exciting, you can turn a unsuccessful student organization into a successful one, you can impact others around, sometimes with out even knowing it, as long as you have the will and a postive attitude.

I wish I knew more about a vareity of schools that existed in and outside my home state. It would have been easier to make my decision if I applied to more colleges both local and out of state. Therefore, I could have made a better decision on what was best for me finanically, academically, etc. I also wish I knew more abou the benefits of living on-campus and more about the unique opportunites at the school. I had to find a lot out on my own by asking questions and getting involved.

Jordan

Saint Xavier is unique because it focus' on a small population of people and everyone knows everyone on campus. The basketball games and football games arent that big and also the class size is small as well. Which in my experience is really nice.

If I could go back to my high school self and talk about my college expeirence, I would tell myself to really absorb as much information and take in everything I can while I can. I really wish in high school that I would have taken in more from my courses, rather then just taking the courses to get the credit for them. I would have benifited so much more if I would have really pushed myself and kept all of that with me through college.

The worst thing about Saint Xavier University is the expense. The school is very expensive to not only attend, but also to live there.

Jamie

An intriguing and diverse community, that welcomes everyone from a different background.

I would tell myself to work even harder then before and not to let piles of essay intimidate me . Motivating my high school self not to give up because it would all worth it in the end. I would tell myself not to be so afraid of following my dreams into becoming the future makeup artist that i have always wanted to be. I would tell myself not to let parent's ignorances get in the way of me becoming successful. Finally, I would tell myself in order to play hard I would also have to work even harder.

I wished that I had known, learning to communicate with professors was really important . Having a good communication among you and your professors mean clarifying problem areas. This also means that it shows that I am dedicated in school and that I care about my grade. That the campus was really extravagate, yet somewhat home-like feel. I also wished that I had known that financial aid is able to provide me funds, if I were to live on campus. Finally, I wished I would have known that living on campus would mean an once in a life time opportunity.

Meghan

Saint Xavier University is a community of learners, where all are welcome no matter their gender, race, or creed.

Saint Xavier University is best known for being a convenient school for commuter students like myself, but also offers on campus living as well. Saint Xavier is a well rounded university that has a lot to offer for any area of study. However, it is probably most famous for it's Nursing program.

Dear Meghan, I know you are very nervous right now. It is hard to imagine not being in high school anymore, and starting something new is always a little scary. However, you will come to realize that there is nothing to fear at all. College opens up a new door of possibilites, and it also starts a new chapter of your life. College not only allows you to be more independent, but it also allows you to have the ultimate say in your overall education. You choose your classes; you make your own path. While this all may seem a little overwhelming, trust me when I say it is exciting! Also, do not worry about meeting new people. Be true to yourself and everything will work out. Try to keep this in mind: a new environment with new people is only new for one day because after that one day it just becomes part of a routine. Believing in yourself combined with hard work will take your farther than you actually think. Enjoy the time you have left in high school, but also try to have an optimistic attitude for what your future holds.

Tavares

My school is a great place for students to become succesful in their specific field.

It is a very small school, but it stands out nationally for the proper things. For example for being enviormentally good, with the Green bike program, the healthy food choices, and the state of the art dorms on campus. Not to metion the acedemics that come along with the university. It makes the school stand out with some of the other big names in the state of illnois.

The advice that i would give myself is to make sure that you work hard and never leave any stone unturned. I would tell myself to stay the same person that you are, don't change for anyone and never subside to conformity. I think that with my experience of the multiple colleges that i attended(3), i feel that you learn from expereince. No one can take away the fact that i never quit, even through all the finacial disappointments, and the family situations, no one can teach perserverence, you can only teach yourself that. So to conclude, i would tell myself to stay the same, only changing yourself for the better is the only change you'll need, and work hard to the point where you leave no stone unturned, and that no obstacle is to large for you to conquer. And finally the rest is up to you. You have to have self-intrusive motivation in order to be good in anything that you do.

Saint Xavier University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.