Chicago, IL
Saint Xavier University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Xavier University

Jamie

An intriguing and diverse community, that welcomes everyone from a different background.

I would tell myself to work even harder then before and not to let piles of essay intimidate me . Motivating my high school self not to give up because it would all worth it in the end. I would tell myself not to be so afraid of following my dreams into becoming the future makeup artist that i have always wanted to be. I would tell myself not to let parent's ignorances get in the way of me becoming successful. Finally, I would tell myself in order to play hard I would also have to work even harder.

I wished that I had known, learning to communicate with professors was really important . Having a good communication among you and your professors mean clarifying problem areas. This also means that it shows that I am dedicated in school and that I care about my grade. That the campus was really extravagate, yet somewhat home-like feel. I also wished that I had known that financial aid is able to provide me funds, if I were to live on campus. Finally, I wished I would have known that living on campus would mean an once in a life time opportunity.

Meghan

Saint Xavier University is a community of learners, where all are welcome no matter their gender, race, or creed.

Saint Xavier University is best known for being a convenient school for commuter students like myself, but also offers on campus living as well. Saint Xavier is a well rounded university that has a lot to offer for any area of study. However, it is probably most famous for it's Nursing program.

Dear Meghan, I know you are very nervous right now. It is hard to imagine not being in high school anymore, and starting something new is always a little scary. However, you will come to realize that there is nothing to fear at all. College opens up a new door of possibilites, and it also starts a new chapter of your life. College not only allows you to be more independent, but it also allows you to have the ultimate say in your overall education. You choose your classes; you make your own path. While this all may seem a little overwhelming, trust me when I say it is exciting! Also, do not worry about meeting new people. Be true to yourself and everything will work out. Try to keep this in mind: a new environment with new people is only new for one day because after that one day it just becomes part of a routine. Believing in yourself combined with hard work will take your farther than you actually think. Enjoy the time you have left in high school, but also try to have an optimistic attitude for what your future holds.

Tavares

My school is a great place for students to become succesful in their specific field.

It is a very small school, but it stands out nationally for the proper things. For example for being enviormentally good, with the Green bike program, the healthy food choices, and the state of the art dorms on campus. Not to metion the acedemics that come along with the university. It makes the school stand out with some of the other big names in the state of illnois.

The advice that i would give myself is to make sure that you work hard and never leave any stone unturned. I would tell myself to stay the same person that you are, don't change for anyone and never subside to conformity. I think that with my experience of the multiple colleges that i attended(3), i feel that you learn from expereince. No one can take away the fact that i never quit, even through all the finacial disappointments, and the family situations, no one can teach perserverence, you can only teach yourself that. So to conclude, i would tell myself to stay the same, only changing yourself for the better is the only change you'll need, and work hard to the point where you leave no stone unturned, and that no obstacle is to large for you to conquer. And finally the rest is up to you. You have to have self-intrusive motivation in order to be good in anything that you do.

Odis

Over all I enjoy the student I attend school with.

Over all I enjoy the student I attend school with.

I originally chose Columbia College as my first choice, SXU as my second and was accepted to both. Due to financial setbacks I chose to attend Saint Xavier University and I can honestly say that it was probably the best decision I've ever made. This is my fourth year here at SXU and I will be here one more year after. No school is perfect, they all have heir own set of pros and cons; but Saint Xavier has mad great efforts in expanding the campus in every aspect possible and it as made my college experience FANTASTIC!

It is very apparent that SXU invites diversity however I feel that at times SXU is not accustom to how other races/elasticities /groups interact with others.

shandon

Forget the plan to go out of state to a UofA, or Troy State University, because it'll be a set back. Just get you the A.A. for a two year college without skipping semesters then transfer to a University.

Kaokee

If I can go back, I would tell myself to be ready for the hardest challenge in my life. College isn't easy, there would be even times when you feel like backing out, but dont't because all the work done, lectures, staying up all night doing homework, will pay off. The people are great not like highschool where we race to be the most popular girl in school. Here, no one really cares. They are nice and respectful people. I would tell myself, do your homework on time because you do not want to miss out on the parties. They are awesome and you get to meet many new exicting people that you though never exited. And also, BE READY TO STRESS OUT like crazy!!

Small, nice, eviroment, and professors are always willing to help students when needed.

The students at Saint Xavier University Chicago are extremely diverse, spontaneous, intelligent, and dedicated to their education.

Find a school that has a reputable reputation for the program you want to go into. You want to get for a great education that suits your needs. Also, look at some extracurriculars that the school offers. Those really help your resumee.

A person who attends this school should be very procative in getting involved at school, especially if they are a commuter. It is easy to make friends and feel like a part of the university if you take the time to talk to others and make friends. Someone considering this school should also be willing and prepared to work hard academically. This school is very heavily based in academics. The school is a Catholic university, however, it is very diverse. Students need to be open minded and accepting of a diverse student body.

Dana

Saint Xavier is very well-known to the community. The people living around and near Saint Xavier are usually really involved in the school.

Everyone knows about the basics when it comes to choosing a college; major, location, financial aid, blah, blah, blah. So for the sake of time, I'll skip all that stuff. The student should visit the college and observe the environment. You can spend hours doing reseach online and reading brochures but the college visit is when you get a true snapshot of what your life at that school will be like. You should visit on a weekday as well as a weekend. It's a good idea to attend a class and a sporting event. If the the option is available, spend the night in one the dorms. To make the most of your experience, you should join any clubs that interest you and take an active role on campus. With classes, work, and sports or whatever responsibilities you have, it may seem like you don't have time for any additional activities but if you use your time wisely you will. Always make at least one friend in every class and don't be afraid to speak up and voice your opinion. Always put 100% into your academic work. It will pay off.

There is not enough room around campus to expand the school. Saint Xavier recently started offering off-campus apartments and are forcing some of the juniors and seniors to live there. While off-campus housing might be attractive at other schools, at Saint Xavier off-campus means your living around a bunch of old people and the shuttles are not really reliable. Most people want to live on-campus but there just isn't enough room.

Claudia

Make sure they are prepared for all the distractions, they are many.

Make sure they are prepared for all the distractions, they are many.

I wish I had known about the school sooner, I originally had transferred there so I would have enjoyed the school a bit more had I been younger maybe would have even finioshed sooner.

I liked the atmosphere and the teachers. The adult students were great also.

Great school with a small intimate campus.

Great school with a small intimate campus.

Pick a place that makes you smile when you are on campus and somewhere that you're comfortable and happy.

Very few selection of classes and times and certain classes only available during certain times of the year.

Saint Xavier University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.