Chicago, IL
Saint Xavier University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Xavier University

Aphrodite

Know exactly what your college offers and what kind of students attend the school. Imagine yourself being a student their and if it's the kind of lifestyle you really want. Keep all your options open and go with your instincts.

There is too much racism. When I first started, there was not a lot of diversity so not everyone got along very well. It's too small of a school and everyone is consntatly in your business. Undergraduate dorms are unhealthy and unkept. There is violence in our area and I feel unsafe.

That it is close to the city and the professors enjoy what they do.

Bernetta

Find a school that has a variety of course offerings. Take different courses that expose you to different cultures and viewpoints. Ask for help immediately if you need it. Put academics first then socializing second, but maintain a balance. Strive for excellence in whatever you ontake, if you are going to half do something it is not worth doing at all.

The friendlyness of the faculity and staff. They are always encouraging and willing to assist whenever needed.

Someone who is serious about their academics.

Terese

Make sure it is what you want. Some people may like the big universities, others may like the smaller ones, but make sure that the college or university you choose is the best fit for you the student. As for making the most out your college experience, don't party too much because a lot of the new freshmen that comes in the school, especially the ones that live in the dorms, parties a lot because they feel that they are finally free from their parents, but they fail to understand that yes you are going to want to party, but college is a whole new field from high school and it requires more attentiveness and more studying. So my advice to the students is to stay in the books and do as best as you can your freshman year because it is only going to get harder as the years follow.

The diversity of people and clubs because without that, our school may not be as diverse as it is.

The food! There is hardly any variety and the food always stays the same. Another thing that is frustrating is the fact our meal plan cannot rollover to the following semester and that we can't use our transfer money to pay for books.

Dorothy

Saint Xavier is best known for its nursing program.

Saint Xavier is best known for its nursing program.

Talk to students who attend the school first if you can. Those are the "experts" who can answer your questions for you.

A person who wants to learn at a school that is not too small and not too large.....where personal attention is given to the students.

Kelly

It's close to my house and where i've taken irish dance lessons since first grade, so i can still irish dance at my dance school. didn't have to transfer dance schools.

Make a list of everything you love to do. What are you passionate about, and what are your goals in life. I'm an Irish dancer. I started in first grade and it's something I don't want to give up, so I chose to live at a college that is close to my Irish dance school. Also, the college I attend has a dance team (pom and hip hop). I tryed out and it has been the most wonderful experience and I have made some very close friends. Another passion on my list is music. I also joined the radio station at my college and have my own show and hold am the promotions manager. I have learned so much that will help me with my ultimate goal (my career choice). I am working on my degree in Mass Communications and hope to one day start my own record label. My college courses along with experience at the station are preparing me to make my goals come true.

sxu paw prints. the dance team. we freakin rock : ) too bad we're considered a "club activity" and we don't get much funding so we do fund raising on ouw own to compete at nationals.

Find the best college that is fit for you in every aspect of your life and keep a strong family and friend support network throughout your college years. Always have a plan B, work hard and give it all you have. Don't be afraid to explore and challenge yourself to new things and new people.

The great and brand new dorm buildings and the access we have to our professors in each class.

Edith

a nurturing, community-oriented school, like a big family

a nurturing, community-oriented school, like a big family

it is small, yet diverse and students seem happy

To find the right college, follow your heart, but also visit as many colleges as possible to find out what athmosphere you like better. To make the most of your college experience, remain focused despite the numerous distractions that will come your way. Also, make use of all of the resources that you will have available. that's what they are there for.

David

In order to succeed in college several criteria must be met. Colleges and universities are as diverse as the communities they are in. Thus, it is important for a student to take time to consider the fact that the college they attend is suited properly for them. Students must consider whether they enjoy large classes or small classes, rural life or city life, public schools or private schools, as well as have a general idea of what field of study they want to pursue. Once these questions have been answered, a student can substancially narrow his or her choices of possible colleges down. When making the final decision on what college to attend, it is important to look at the average students who are attending that school on a daily basis. Schools will always put their best foot forward on orientation day, so go on a private tour when the school isn't having orientation (many schools offer this option), and look at what the day-to-day life at the college is like. If you can picture yourself being happy at that college, and in your field of study, then that it is probably the right college for you.

Someone who enjoys city life, yet likes the small campus environment. This school is ideal for students who enjoy small class sizes and stimulating classroom discussions.

The financial aid department tends to not work with students on an individual basis. As a whole in the university, studetnts are treated with respect and dignity, but when in the financial aid office, you're treated as if you're just a number on a computer screen.

Saint Xavier University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.