Carneys Point, NJ
Salem Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salem Community College

Fixed  rate loan

Alicea

Salem Community College is a small college with people from all over Salem County. The school has a “home” feel to it; with small classes you get to know all of your other classmates, and the professors. Just walking to and from class there is always someone saying “hello” or asking how you are. Everyone working in the school is so helpful and you can tell they truly have your best interest when they are assisting you.

Marissa

Salem Community College is an exceptional institution that is devoted to its students and academics. It preserves the small college feel while constantly improving its facilities and majors, so that every student can enjoy their experience. Faculty and staff are open and helpful, and there is no discrimination whatsoever.

Myranda

I think Salem Community College is a wonderful school with a close nit environment. The staff and faculty are very friendly and helpful on all accounts. Choosing community college was not my first choice, but Salem was an excellent choice that truly helped me decide what I want to do.

Patrick

Now that I am in college many problems have come to my attention about my decisions I made when I was a high school senior. As a senior I did not participate in the appliance to colleges just registered for community, telling myself I would go there because it was less expensive, closer, and easier. It occured to me though that I was missing out on an experience that i needed to feel. If anything community college reminded me thoroughly of high school and how the classes were not too challenging and the work load was just busy work, did not count for anything. Then I talked to my friends who were at real colleges, universities. I started to visit them on weekends and see the campus life from the eyes of a student. As I began this journey to other colleges I began to regret my decision of not applying to real colleges, trying harder to get scholarships, grants, and financial aid. The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to step it up a notch; which means work harder for better grades, apply for colleges, and apply for scholarships.

The worst thing I consider about my school is that it is a community college, and it is not taking me away from home like I wanted; in other words it is too small they need to expand, get more people.

Anna

Diverse and free spirited young people who are very interested in enjoying their college experience.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senoir, now that I have completed my first semester of college, I would have so much knowledge and experience to tell myself to aid in selecting a college and major. One of the most important things I would tell myself is "Anna you need to pursue what's in your heart and what makes you happy verses just following what you parents are pressuring you to do". I unfortunately allowed myself to be persuaded into following a career path and college choice I most likely would have not chosen for myself and now am looking into changing both of those things for myself. I would also reassure my senoir self that I am more then capable of moving out of state and taking care of myself. In choosing a college that was one of my biggest fears but now that I have spent five months living 800 miles away from my family I have the confidence to know I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself, a confidence I would have loved to have while selecting a college.

I wish I had thought more about what I had wanted to do with my life verses just pursuing what my parents wanted for me. I also wish I had known then that I am capable of being on my own and being self sufficient, it would have made my choice much easier. Now that I know what my passion and ultimates goals in life are I am better able to choose what I want out of my college career and refuse to settle for anything less then those things.

Salem Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.