Salem, MA
Salem State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salem State University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Kaila

I am a freshman living at home, and i can honestly say i wouldnt have chosen another school. I am very happy i went here, the students are kind, the teachers are kind, and there are so many majors to chose from, and there are about 100 classes i want to take (not possible, unfortunately). Its an affordable school, and the only complaint i have is the food is mediocre, but hey, its college.

Caleb

Salem State is a good affordable option for commuters in the Salem area as well as for potential nursing students. Unfortunately, that's where the majority of this universities benefits stop. There is virtually no nighlife for the under 21 crowd, the dining halls options are borderline inedible, and a good portion of the professors put in less effort than your high school teachers probably did.

Ashleigh

Salem Sate University is overall a good school. The teachers I've had are committed to helping you succeed, your advisor will work with you to make sure your college plan works, the gen eds are super easy to fulfill since the requirements are broader and more flexible. My only complaint is that the food is a bit meh sometimes and I wish there were places you could cook on campus, but that can be helped with a quick walk downtown or just across the street. The dorms are nice and well maintained.

Anna

I am very happy with my choice to attend SSU. The food is awful, but most colleges don't have the best food either. I'm pleased with the class sizes, they're intimate and you can actually get to know your professor. The location is great; there are things to do in downtown and Boston is only a short train ride away. Overall, I really do like SSU.

Salem State is just like any other state school. Common core requirements overtake classes students actual want to take. The academic buildings and dorms are nice. The food is awful, but most other colleges do not have the best food either. Some of the professors probably should not be teaching, but most get the job done. Overall, not a bad school.

Jeannette

Salem State University offers great education and I am taking full advantage of it!

Salem State University is growing but I feel like I'm paying for the name (they recently upgraded from 'College'). They focus on being a Liberal Arts school and force you to take many pointless courses that keep you at the college for five or six years if you start undeclared. The music department is dedicated and growing rapidly. It has better faculty than any surrounding schools. The faculty are talented, passionate, brilliant, and pass on skills and knowledge applicable to music and to life. My Salem State pride comes from the music department that I am so proud to be a part of.

michaela

I live over an hour away and i drive there every day because the opportunities i get from this school is worth it. The minute I went to see the campus i fell in love. everyone is so friendly and there's no drama. the professors are always there to help you and instead of a huge class with 200 kids where they have no idea who you are, they get to know your names and try to help you succeed in the classroom. There is also a ton of offices for different things that will help you accomplish what you need. I love the people and staff, it is also known as one of the most diverse schools in the state of Massachusetts so no matter who you are or where you come from there is a place for you.

Aquissana
Go Vikings!

Yay

Go Vikings!

Yay

Heather
Salem State For The win.

Salem State by far is a great campus, the people are respectful and the campus is amazing.

Salem State For The win.

Salem State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.