Salem, MA
Salem State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salem State University

Fixed  rate loan

Abigail

Salem State University is best known for it's outstanding residence life program. Moving from a home lifestyle to a campus with hundreds of other students can be quite intimidating. Through programs that keep students active with their community, this transition is made much easier. The staff are incredibly well trained and educated and know how to make a wary student feel comfortable and confident.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her to stop worrying so much. Making the move from a small town to the city is a giant change, but an incredible learning experience. I would tell her to relax, and take deep breaths, as well as to not wish away the time she has left at home. College changes you as a person entirely, as you learn so much about yourself along the way. My senior self was very anxious and wary of what was to come. Little did she know, it was going to be a lifestyle change that would prove to be nothing short of perfect.

When bragging about my school, I tend to focus on it's price and location. Attending a school in the Boston area can be extremely pricey, but Salem is close enough to the city yet far enough where they price isn't breaking my parent's backs. There's plenty to do such as head to the beach or take a train into the city, plus tons of malls and movie theaters. It's ideal for someone who likes to live a step up from the suburbs.

claudett

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would recomend myself to join more clubs or sports. There is alot more opportunities when you are part of something. I would tell myself not to be so shy and quiet. It is always helpful to have alot of friends and people that can help you. That i should be proude of who I am and where i come from and never to lose focuse. In order to make it through college you have to know what you want and not be afraid of anything. You will be alone and you will learn that you can not trust everyone that is nice to you. A lot of people start college but only a few finish it, you have to keep your mind on your goals and ignore all temptations. But most of all just have fun and cherish every moment, nothing is worth it if you are not happy.

Cristen

All I wanted to do as a High School senior was get out of school as fast as I could. I held an image of college in my mind of people paying thousands of dollars to party, meet the love of there life, and then graduate only to struggle to pay off their educational loans later. My perception of what it means to go to college was completley different than reality. Four years after graduating high school I was sick of my dead end job and chose to return to college. My first year at school showed how wrong my perception was. School is more than an exuberant cost, it is the opportunity to find yourselfe. In the year that I have been at Salem State University I have found a career field that excites me, great friends, and how strong of a leader I can be. My advice to high school me would be to sprint towards college not away from it. Take every opportunity that presents itselfe. In the end you will be amazed by how much you are capeable of.

The best thing about Salem State are all the potential opportunities. Academicly there are programs for everyone including a state supported Honors Program, and countless majors, minors and ways to combine them. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and it is realy easy to start a new group or club on campus. You have the opportunity to realy emmerse yourselfe at Salem State (while still having a social life).

The worst thing about my school has to be the availability of information about campus opportunities. You have to know where to look for scholarship applications, on-campus jobs, and other activities at the school. It was not untill the first semester of my sophmore year that I found out how to search for and apply for both.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is how to become more responsible and how to use my time wisely. Working fulltime and going to school fulltiime has taught me a lot of things. I was always responsible but living on campus without my mother there telling me what to do,how to do, and when to do it. Living on my own I would call it,I love it and that is what I have gotten out of my college experience so far. It has been valuable for me to attend because I have so much to learn and offer.

The worst thing that I consider to be the worst thing about my school is the food truthfully, I been to different schools and the number one thing that had me was the food. Not only were the schools good but the food completed my experience. So Salem's food is the worst!

What I brag about most when telling my friends about Salem State College is the fact that the campus is so peaceful,drama free. The police and the students do a very good job about keeping the school so nice,and peaceful.

Leah

After attending the local community college for a year, I have taken many classes and observed what I would like to major in. Journalism, philosophy, drama, english, history, speech, logic, creative writing, cosmetics; each class is a different language. Each subject has a different world of mental processing. In under a year my thought process has changed dramatically. At first I desired to be an english teacher, however after some classes my major changed to psychology. I enjoy learning and observing people, their personalities and character. I now know the basics in a college education, the layout of the college world. My education has gradually increased and I adore the change in myself. There are more possibilties and doors that have opened because of my community classes. A person with a college undergraduate gains about $1 million more through their job than someone who never attended college. Hopefully I can educate high school students and recieve good pay for the task. A high school history teacher who lived in a small home who never made any large electronic purchases left $1 million dollars of saving behind because he lived simply. Anyone with money and power has a college education.

Completely understanding, patient, and helpful.

Completely understanding, patient, and helpful.

I have learned so many different things since being in college. I have taken all of the knowledge from the classes but also I have learned how to be more open and talk to people more easily. I have also learn how to be more understanding and patient with people and their ideas. I have worked better in group projects and made so many friends and met such nice people along the way!

The broad variety of people and areas to study. Salem State offers many different majors that students can decide from. Also, the staff and students that attend salem state are wonderful. I hvae met so many nice and helpful people at salem state.

Maria

A sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt from anything else that I have done. Confidence.Some admiration from others. Use the skills learned to volunteer and help others. Knowing I can take care of myself and be on my own during college. Student loans were worth it. Friendships. Great memories. A new world of cultures and opinions that have opened my own way of thinking, and preparing me for the reality of the real world. All in all, the best thing I ever put myself through... literally .

Honestly the food in the lower cafe area is all that great but there are other places to eat.

The parking really is the most frustrating. Since there are not enough spaces for residents and commuters. Also computer labs are enough and half the time computers are broken.

shawna

Its very racist. The professors favor no one because they are not concerned with the well being of the students. At a glance it will seem as if the school is worth the money but while you're there you hate it. No one enjoys the school because it is strict and allows for no activities.

I have learned that i must be independent to succeed.

Someone that is concerned with getting in and out. If you attend this school you must be driven to find your own opportunities because the school does not help you. It is obvious that the schools best interests are not the students- which is why literally everyone hates it. It is a step up from community college but that is it.

Shayna

So far, I have been to college for about 2 years now and it has been extremely helpful. It has enabled me to retain information from high school and go beyond the surface of the teachings in previous years. In addition, with the general studies I am taking, I am able to expand my horizons in other studies I would not have thought would interest me. As it turns out though, it really can be fun and interesting. College has allowed me to explore areas of studies, that high school has never been able to offer, as well as ensure that I will be ready to face the 'real world' with an exceptional understanding of different ideas and studies. Altogether, my college experience has been great. The professors go into a great deal of detail to help us students understand, and I feel that this will be valuable when heading out to pursue your dream job. I absolutely love the fact that there are so many options with the areas of studies, which in turn, gives us students limitless possibilities of what to do with our lives.

One of the most important thigs that I gained from my college experience is maturity. College gives you a chance to reach the pinnacle of your person. Assignments and classes help teach you dicipline and good work habits, interactions with an array of different people teach you compassion and understanding, and the cost of books, classes, room and board teach you the true value of money. All of the experience that I have gained from attending college will be valuable to my life afterwards, both in respect to my career and relationship with myself and other others.

The professors at Salem State University are supurb. They all know the subject matter that they're teaching, incorporate many different styles of teaching, and care about their student's progress.

The most frustrating thing about Salem State University is the distance between campuses. It's about a fifteen minute walk between each of them, so you have to leave early to get to your classes, if you live on campus. The university does offer a student shuttle, though, if you're not one for walking.

Salem State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.