Salem, MA
Salem State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salem State University

Fixed  rate loan

Julio

Salem State College is best known for being a nursing and education major school. This school is also known for it diversity.

What I got out of my college expericene here at Salem State University, is that the staff here at the college really care about the students. Knowing that the teachers care about the students always motivate me to worker harder. The college is always engaging the students in school activity, so I learned that the school have amazing clubs.

The culture of the school is very diverse. Commuting to the school is very easy. At night it is very quiet, so studying at night will not be a problem. The library is open until midnight, Monday through Thursday. The school is located next to convenient stores, easy to get snacks and other materials. Salem State College just became Salem State University, and since the college is a public school, the college bill is cheap.

Delia

Salem state College is best known fro its out standing academic curriculum and the help they provide the students with. It has a great way of providinng students withthe type of need they have and the type of necessity a person might be in need. As college of the state it also has a really good afortable cost to assist this college.

Well as i have gotten involve at the school; my experience is really amazing. The people we get to work with are terific. As we bring the community together and make it feel like a more homely environment. The commuinity itself gets to know the people that might just live in their residents hall but they maight not know. It has been really valuable to attend this school because maybe another school would of never gave me the chance to show how good of a leader i can be when it comes to others. I try to make the best of it because of the fact that i like other to experience what i have experience in my life journey.

Well i would have to say the Basketball team and how friendly people are in this college. Its not just a college you can really feel like if you were at home. The people cater you and make you feel so healthy and close to home that way it should be.

Delia

It has been valuable to attend salem state university, because i get the opportunity to explore how good i can make it on my own. This also gives me the chance to meet new people and get to resive an education i have always wanted too. my biggest dream has been to accomplish and education my mother never got a chance to. my life has always revolve around my education, i might not have the highest GPA but i have always worked hard to get were i am today. Taking risks and also challenges that have made everything more difficult for me to keep my mind on my education sometimes. I love the fact that Salem State University gave me to attend their college and the opportunity to make me a better human being.

I wish this school had more majors and more opportunities.

Well as so far the school has nothing bad.

Kaitlyn

Great professors who are willing to help you if you ask.

Great professors who are willing to help you if you ask.

I have attended 3 different schools throughout the 4 years that I have been in school. I did not know what I wanted, and because of that I was extremely lost and confused in the beginning. Throughout the past 4 years I have really discovered who I am. It has been very difficult at times, but even more rewarding than I ever could have imagined. I would not change a thing. I have become the type of student, friend, athelete, and sister that I can honestly say that I am proud of. I owe a lot of that to Salem State College. During my time at Salem State College I have discovered exactly what I want to do in life and I could not be happier.

The administration (not the professors) are VERY unorganized and often lose things, so you really need to stay on top of them, and make sure you save reciepts that they give you.

angie

What I have learned from my college experience so far is that your surrounded with all kinds of people and its up to you how you cope with it. In college you grow to the person that your meant and suppose to be with the help of the people your around on the daily bases. In college I learned early on what I wanted out of life and what I didnt want out of life; which to me is amazing at such an early age. I know its going to take a lot of hard work but I know through college I can make it. Its vaulable to attend college ecspecially in the economy now because most jobs look upon college graduates rather than high school graduates and nothing else. For me if I have to chance to further my education why not take the chance that some others can only dream of.

The best thing about my school that I've seen so far just from the visits is the diversity of students that attends. Diversity is very important to me because I would like to have as many experiences as possible while living on a campus.

When I talk to my friends I brag about how much freedom you get living on campus in college than at home while in high school. I brag about the hot college parties and older and mature people. I brag about how you make your own decsions after your first semester freshmen year is over on when and what time you want to go to classes.

JULIET

I got everything I ever wanted from a college education and more - and for half as much as what students pay in other colleges/universities in Massachusetts. I got a job offer one year prior to graduating, by Ernst & Young in Boston, a firm that interned with in my junior year. I have no regrets- My professors helped me become all that I could be and encouraged me to rise above average.

Small classes, Competitive majors and State-of-the-art technology

Classes fill up pretty fast, you have to be fast when registration begins. The shuttles going between campuses do take long- however, all campuses are at a reasonable walking distance

Chris

Its kind of a dump - the schol doesn't much care for students needs -slow to respond to problems. A very below average college experience.

It has a decent Theater program which is why i am there. Otherwise i would never have gone here. And it is cheap for college

I have loved the theater program - most of all rehearsing and performing in various shows. I have enjoyed some of my classes, I like my advisor, and especially some of the older, more serious theater/tech/directing students. I always love learning more about performance, and improving. I have learned what kind of person i dont want to be - by my contact and observation of other students. While i very much look forward to performing in several upcoming plays and musicals, I feel like I have gotten most of what is available in class work and courses available for my major. Some of my teachers have been great to me, and I have learned some, maybe more than I think. I have learned how much i desire to really study this craft, and how hungry I am to learn more, and I have learned more about who I am, and who/ or what kind of person i do not want to be.

Maureen

This school is a liberal arts college dedicated to teacher education and populated mostly by commuting students.

I attended Salem State College after transferring from a local community college. The transition was made easier by the intimate class sizes and the availability of good career counseling. At the time, this was also an extremely affordable endeavor, so I was able to graduate from college with no debt. I was unsure of my future plans when I left community college, and my self-esteem was fragile. I was fearful of making life choices and living independent of my family of origin. Because this was a local college, I was initially able to commute from my home with friends I was comfortable with. As I became more involved in the academic community, I also began to broaden my group of friends and interests. Soon, I met new friends I would share an apartment with, and thus began my move towards independant living. I attribute my transition to becoming a successful young adult and elementary school teacher to the importance my college placed on realizing the individual needs of their student population, and nurturing them towards their goals. I have internalized this philosophy and have used this as a motivating factor in all my personal and work relationships.

Anyone interested in a liberal arts education with an emphasis on teacher education. Also, it is conveniently located and an easy commute from many surrounding communities, so anyone interested in living away from home but noit necessarily in a dormatory environment would benefit from this location.

Theresa

Salem State is most widely known for their awesome Nursing program and their Criminal Justice Program. The Nursing program is very competitive and very difficult to get into but Salem State is respected for its good Nursing program and many hospitals prefer this degree over other competing schools. It is also known for its historic location, right in the heart of Salem, MA. City of the Salem Witch Trials!

My college experience has been a very good one for me. Leaving my home and being able to live away and by myself has been an awesome experience. Meeting new people and experiencing new things has helped me to grow and develop as an adult. The school that I am attending is very good and I have learned alot from my professors and my new friends. I would not trade this experience for the world and I cannot wait to continue my education next year and experience all of the things that college still has to offer me.

The best thing about this school is it's diversity. There are so many different people here and you are able to meet so many new and interesting people. Also, the school is very student-friendly. Everyone is willing to help out and the student life here is very good. I would recommend this school to anyone wanting a good college, because of its diversity and its fair tuition rates.

I would tell myself to explore more options. I decided to attend a close, safe college instead of venturing out into the world. It is impossible to reach your goals in life without taking chances. I would also tell myself to take school work more seriously and give every class my best effort. I got through high school with modest grades, but I plan to give everytign my all in college. Finally, I would tell myself to aim high and to never settle. Every person has the ability to change the world and make a difference. I plan to be a part of that difference in the future.

Salem State is surrounded by lush history. The school makes it easy to learn about everything regarding the Salem Witch Trials, which are very interesting. Walking outside of the college, you can see some of the first houses built in America, places where importat historical evens took place, such as the Hose of Seven Gables which is right down the street. There is always something to explore here.

Salem State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.