Salem, MA
Salem State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salem State University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

What I have gotten out of my college experience is how to become more responsible and how to use my time wisely. Working fulltime and going to school fulltiime has taught me a lot of things. I was always responsible but living on campus without my mother there telling me what to do,how to do, and when to do it. Living on my own I would call it,I love it and that is what I have gotten out of my college experience so far. It has been valuable for me to attend because I have so much to learn and offer.

The worst thing that I consider to be the worst thing about my school is the food truthfully, I been to different schools and the number one thing that had me was the food. Not only were the schools good but the food completed my experience. So Salem's food is the worst!

What I brag about most when telling my friends about Salem State College is the fact that the campus is so peaceful,drama free. The police and the students do a very good job about keeping the school so nice,and peaceful.

Leah

After attending the local community college for a year, I have taken many classes and observed what I would like to major in. Journalism, philosophy, drama, english, history, speech, logic, creative writing, cosmetics; each class is a different language. Each subject has a different world of mental processing. In under a year my thought process has changed dramatically. At first I desired to be an english teacher, however after some classes my major changed to psychology. I enjoy learning and observing people, their personalities and character. I now know the basics in a college education, the layout of the college world. My education has gradually increased and I adore the change in myself. There are more possibilties and doors that have opened because of my community classes. A person with a college undergraduate gains about $1 million more through their job than someone who never attended college. Hopefully I can educate high school students and recieve good pay for the task. A high school history teacher who lived in a small home who never made any large electronic purchases left $1 million dollars of saving behind because he lived simply. Anyone with money and power has a college education.

Completely understanding, patient, and helpful.

Completely understanding, patient, and helpful.

I have learned so many different things since being in college. I have taken all of the knowledge from the classes but also I have learned how to be more open and talk to people more easily. I have also learn how to be more understanding and patient with people and their ideas. I have worked better in group projects and made so many friends and met such nice people along the way!

The broad variety of people and areas to study. Salem State offers many different majors that students can decide from. Also, the staff and students that attend salem state are wonderful. I hvae met so many nice and helpful people at salem state.

Maria

A sense of accomplishment that I haven't felt from anything else that I have done. Confidence.Some admiration from others. Use the skills learned to volunteer and help others. Knowing I can take care of myself and be on my own during college. Student loans were worth it. Friendships. Great memories. A new world of cultures and opinions that have opened my own way of thinking, and preparing me for the reality of the real world. All in all, the best thing I ever put myself through... literally .

Honestly the food in the lower cafe area is all that great but there are other places to eat.

The parking really is the most frustrating. Since there are not enough spaces for residents and commuters. Also computer labs are enough and half the time computers are broken.

shawna

Its very racist. The professors favor no one because they are not concerned with the well being of the students. At a glance it will seem as if the school is worth the money but while you're there you hate it. No one enjoys the school because it is strict and allows for no activities.

I have learned that i must be independent to succeed.

Someone that is concerned with getting in and out. If you attend this school you must be driven to find your own opportunities because the school does not help you. It is obvious that the schools best interests are not the students- which is why literally everyone hates it. It is a step up from community college but that is it.

Shayna

So far, I have been to college for about 2 years now and it has been extremely helpful. It has enabled me to retain information from high school and go beyond the surface of the teachings in previous years. In addition, with the general studies I am taking, I am able to expand my horizons in other studies I would not have thought would interest me. As it turns out though, it really can be fun and interesting. College has allowed me to explore areas of studies, that high school has never been able to offer, as well as ensure that I will be ready to face the 'real world' with an exceptional understanding of different ideas and studies. Altogether, my college experience has been great. The professors go into a great deal of detail to help us students understand, and I feel that this will be valuable when heading out to pursue your dream job. I absolutely love the fact that there are so many options with the areas of studies, which in turn, gives us students limitless possibilities of what to do with our lives.

One of the most important thigs that I gained from my college experience is maturity. College gives you a chance to reach the pinnacle of your person. Assignments and classes help teach you dicipline and good work habits, interactions with an array of different people teach you compassion and understanding, and the cost of books, classes, room and board teach you the true value of money. All of the experience that I have gained from attending college will be valuable to my life afterwards, both in respect to my career and relationship with myself and other others.

The professors at Salem State University are supurb. They all know the subject matter that they're teaching, incorporate many different styles of teaching, and care about their student's progress.

The most frustrating thing about Salem State University is the distance between campuses. It's about a fifteen minute walk between each of them, so you have to leave early to get to your classes, if you live on campus. The university does offer a student shuttle, though, if you're not one for walking.

Julio

Salem State College is best known for being a nursing and education major school. This school is also known for it diversity.

What I got out of my college expericene here at Salem State University, is that the staff here at the college really care about the students. Knowing that the teachers care about the students always motivate me to worker harder. The college is always engaging the students in school activity, so I learned that the school have amazing clubs.

The culture of the school is very diverse. Commuting to the school is very easy. At night it is very quiet, so studying at night will not be a problem. The library is open until midnight, Monday through Thursday. The school is located next to convenient stores, easy to get snacks and other materials. Salem State College just became Salem State University, and since the college is a public school, the college bill is cheap.

Delia

Salem state College is best known fro its out standing academic curriculum and the help they provide the students with. It has a great way of providinng students withthe type of need they have and the type of necessity a person might be in need. As college of the state it also has a really good afortable cost to assist this college.

Well as i have gotten involve at the school; my experience is really amazing. The people we get to work with are terific. As we bring the community together and make it feel like a more homely environment. The commuinity itself gets to know the people that might just live in their residents hall but they maight not know. It has been really valuable to attend this school because maybe another school would of never gave me the chance to show how good of a leader i can be when it comes to others. I try to make the best of it because of the fact that i like other to experience what i have experience in my life journey.

Well i would have to say the Basketball team and how friendly people are in this college. Its not just a college you can really feel like if you were at home. The people cater you and make you feel so healthy and close to home that way it should be.

Delia

It has been valuable to attend salem state university, because i get the opportunity to explore how good i can make it on my own. This also gives me the chance to meet new people and get to resive an education i have always wanted too. my biggest dream has been to accomplish and education my mother never got a chance to. my life has always revolve around my education, i might not have the highest GPA but i have always worked hard to get were i am today. Taking risks and also challenges that have made everything more difficult for me to keep my mind on my education sometimes. I love the fact that Salem State University gave me to attend their college and the opportunity to make me a better human being.

I wish this school had more majors and more opportunities.

Well as so far the school has nothing bad.

Salem State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.