Salem State University

« See more reviews of Salem State University

The most frustrating thing about Salem State College is the parking situation. If you have a 8'oclock class you should get there a little after seven to ensure a parking spot. This isn't a problem for me because I am an early birs but it is the biggest complaint I hear from other students. Also, the parking sticker is $50 and it doesn't even guarantee a spot. Other than that there isn't anything that bothers me about Salem State.

The most frustrating thing about Salem State University is the distance between campuses. It's about a fifteen minute walk between each of them, so you have to leave early to get to your classes, if you live on campus. The university does offer a student shuttle, though, if you're not one for walking.

I live 45 minutes from campus, so the drive in the morning is hard, especially if there is snow or ice. Because I live so far, sometimes it is hard to find parking, as the lots are limited. To Salem State's credit, they have been trying to improve the parking situation.

The parking can be frustrating. This school is a huge commuter school so parking can be a challenge. Luckily there is much off-campus housing available so my apartment is in walking distance to my classes and I never have to drive.

The most frustrating thing about the school is the constant switch of academic advisors. It makes it nearly impossible to graduate in 4 years, and most people graduate in 5. Personally, I will be doing 4 and a half.

Classes fill up pretty fast, you have to be fast when registration begins. The shuttles going between campuses do take long- however, all campuses are at a reasonable walking distance

The administration (not the professors) are VERY unorganized and often lose things, so you really need to stay on top of them, and make sure you save reciepts that they give you.

The parking really is the most frustrating. Since there are not enough spaces for residents and commuters. Also computer labs are enough and half the time computers are broken.

Parking! and sometimes the office hours of professors can be hard to coordinate with class schedules. I also wish there were more places to study or hang out on campus.

parking is a nightmare quite often. not all academic advisors are helpful. people don't take school as seriously as i do.