Salisbury, MD
Salisbury University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salisbury University

Sherrie

I think our unversity is best known for the high level of acedemics we have.

I think our unversity is best known for the high level of acedemics we have.

If right now, as a freshmen college student, I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior again, there would be a tremendous amount of advice I'd give to myself. For one, to start off, I would tell myself to take my courses and studies more seriously. In high school, if I would have studied a little bit more and took advantage of all the oportunities of the grasping and memorizing all the material, it would have better prepared me for college and all of the triggerous work that was in store for me. Another thing I would tell myself, to take key advice of, would be to get more involved in my school. I'm now doing it at Salisbury Unversity, where I try to take part in every activity and learning experience I can get my hands on. Doing this now makes me realize the experience it makes and all the help it can truly be. Finally I would tell my high school senior self good job! Good job for trying so hard and making it into Salisbury Unversity, as it has been my best decision so far.

I brag most about how strong and united Salisbury Unversity is. It is a very big school, but yet I feel as though each and everyone of us are in our own little community together as one.

Victoria

small feel, great professors, good reasources, great enviroment

small feel, great professors, good reasources, great enviroment

Diverse, Friendly and active

If I could rewind the clock I would reveal to my Senior self one thing that I have now learned in my little time at Salisbury University, and that is that this transition into adulthood and indepence is one that you can not take lightly, when you arive on camous you should take advantage for all that the University has to offer, after all you are paying for it anyways! Try everything at least once, give things a chance that you normally wouldnt have given a second glance. College is all about choices. A wise Resadent Assisent once told me "Pain is temporary but GPA is forever" and acording to the college life stigma its impossible to get acceptional grades without pulling all nighters or last minuet cram sessions, well I say thats not true at all. One lesson I've learned is never sacrafice sleep for studying cause while you might feel as though you are trying harder your brain is slowly shutting down. The point is there is no need to overwhelm yourself with stress because "everyone else" is freaking out, do not feel obligated to pulll your hair out. Like I said before college is about choices.

Katherine

“It is the best four years of your life” an adage every high school senior has heard as they bid ado to the comforts of home. Following graduation there was plenty to do; the appeal of college life was irresistible, and the new freedom, palpable. Within the first few weeks mandatory orientation seminars and classes facilitated the growth of friendships which flourished in the absence of parental control and the presence of alcohol. An inverse relationship swiftly developed between class attendance and “extra circular activities” resulting in inadequate academic performance. A new definition, balance, was one which needed to be understood and practiced. Instead, in the remaining years academics consumed my life, as I switched majors and frantically worked to improve my GPA. A dwindling social calendar and an increasing GPA, accompanied by extensive involvement in research manifested into a bachelor’s degree. After graduation all that remains is a piece of paper and memories of “the time of my life,” but only the paper remains. Earning my degree and exceeding academically came at a price; because of the absence of balance, I could not have both an elaborate social calendar and shine academically. Learning balance would have been beneficial.

It would have been very benificial to have known that if I did switch majors that it was going to be difficult to graduate on time with my new major. I am aware that this is my own fault, however the program was not set up in a way that was prepared for students who may have already completed general education courses. It made it difficult as I had some of my most demanding classes within my final two semesters, along with my other lab sciences.

Advising for post gradute life was non exsistent, this was an opinion gathered from a students. In my situation my advisor did not really indicate that I had any other options outside of returning to graduate school. I was not completely confident in what field I wanted to recieve my masters. Additionly there was never a discussion about the types of jobs that could be offered to a student with a bachelors in biology or how to go about finding those jobs.

Shanice

Salisbury University is best known for being a school of National Distinction. This university prides itself in being a public school providing the education of a private school. It is a smaller school that is known for it's close-knit community and making education the forefront of your experience.

What is unique about Salisbury University is that it is in a small city on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Besides that, it is ranked #65 in regional schools of the North in the US. That is pretty impressive for a school in a city most people have ever heard of. Coming from a small town, I find it comforting to not have to go off to a big city, but still get an equal, or better, education than most of the bigger institutions in this state.

If I could go back and talk to myself I would definitely tell myself to be confident. The worst thing about being where I'm from is that most people stay in that area. If they do leave, it's always somewhere no more than an hour away. I woulld tell myself to apply to more than one college because I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. That I shouldn't be so concerned with how much everything will cost, but moreso being focused on accomplishing my dreams. I want to tell myself that boys are not important and you could have gotten straight A's if you really had put in the effort. I ould tell myself that life has so much more to offer than what I thought. That, regardless of where you come from, it's where you end up that matters. Finally, I would tell myself to believe in me, because not having confidence and faith will get you nowhere. That you can do anything you put your mind to regardless of what anyone else has to say about it.

Deanna

The classmates are nice and helpful.

The classmates are nice and helpful.

The unique thing about this school is the different set of friends, everyone is comfortable

I would tell myself that it is not as hard as it is believe to be and you can do anything you set you mind to.

Sasha

I think they have a good business program thanks to Perdue.

I think they have a good business program thanks to Perdue.

If I could do it all over again, I would have stayed in community college for the first two years and finished my general education credits and figured out my life. Then I would apply to schools overseas so I could study foreign language in other countries like I always wanted to. However, I don't completely regret Salisbury, it is a good school as far as education goes and I feel safe here. I just don't think it was the best choice for me!

The organization in the administration office and whoever schedules courses.

Monica

Salisbury University is like no other college. The feeling of love and acceptance that one feels while attending the University is almost overwhelming. Everyone is accepting of other people's views; there is not discrimination unlike other universities. All of the students and staff strive to help other prospective students on campus not only get good grades, but also learn the material. Professors are willing to work with any student to help them excel in class. Likewise, when one is not in class, there are numerous events going on around campus.

There is not any "kind" of person that should not attend the school. As mentioned before, Salisbury accepts anyone and everyone that is willing to put forth effort to continue their education. There are a substantial amount of clubs and organizations for people to join and find something that they are passionate about. Similarly, Salisbury has career services, counseling services, senter for student achievement, etc. There is not a possiblity that someone will not find a club or place that they love. Salisbury is meant for everyone!

Shawn

Do not waste your time, go to college and work hard now so your mother can see you graduate before she dies and your father can see you graduate before he becomes a drug addict.

The construction in the middle of campus because it disrupts parking lots and is hard to find a convenient space.

A person striving to succeed and learn.

Abiy

Every morning, I wake up with hope for the new day and with a personal passion that I have held since I was a child, which is to become a doctor. Considering what I know about college now, I will repeatedly advise myself to get ready for challenging and frustrating, but fun and learning environment. Since I was a child, the health care field impresses me because it encourages critical thinking and creative problem solving; it involves working collaboratively with a team of professionals toward the same goal, and these are things that I enjoy doing. As an adult, I always look forward to learning and growing my knowledge and expertise. I believe that the best place for me to learn, grow and accomplish is four years university-Salisbury University. However, I learned that it is not easy to get a bachelor degree or become a great health professional. It needs time, energy and money. Furthermore, motivation and determination are very crucial. Since I learned that there is a long and challenging journey ahead until I reach my goal. I will tell myself to bring more commitment and determination to hard work and success to my Bachelor of Science program.

The professor care about their students and the program that I'm in is tough but very focused. Everything we do help us to be best health professionals in the future.

We have a lot of assignment and sometime we will have two tests per day, which is a little frustrating to handle many things at the same time.

Melissa

Our school is best known for its partying, honestly. People are separated into cliques, but once you find some friends, you should be fine. There was no orientation for transfer students though, so I didn't meet anyone.

Take all different kinds of classes. You will not figure out what you want to do with your life until you take all of the wrong classes and take the right class a year too late. Don't be intimidated by the work because I promise you will benefit from it. Don't be afraid to speak up when you need help. Also, don't try to fit in with the people you aren't. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you will be happier. Go out and meet people more! Don't be afraid to come out of your shell! Stop sitting at home and watching TV. Make something of your time. Don't be afriad to ask someone to go on a hike, or to borrow a canoe. Try anything and everything because you won't know if you like it or not until you do. Love everyone and everything...until they do you wrong. Then just stay away. You don't need that in your life.

I love the campus. It's very small and cute. They are making efforts to make the campus more environmentally friendly too!

Salisbury University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.