Salisbury, MD
Salisbury University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salisbury University

Cassandra

I find my classmates friendly, but competitive.

I find my classmates friendly, but competitive.

How helpful the campus is for people who want to succeed academically and the social life on campus. I value my education and the programs here are very competitive, so if I have diffuculty with any of my classes it's easy to obtain help. Social life because classes can be hard and it's nice that the campus has certain events for students to distress at and hang with friends.

Hayley

Upbeat, small, diverse, and challanging.

Upbeat, small, diverse, and challanging.

"What matters so much, matters so little" are the words that my father has spoken to me numerous times. As a high school senior this statement was ludicrous. I assured him that all events taking place in my life at this moment, whether it be who won the senior superlatives or who had the best car, or who had the best looking boyfriend or girlfriend were at the top of the importance totum pole. Looking back on the days where I had a skewed perception of what mattered so much, I wish I could tell myself otherwise. Holding the knowledge of college life I would tell my high school senior self that what matters so much, like who had the best car, matters so little when you're hugging your mother goodbye and staying on your own for the first time. I would tell my senior year self to appreciate family life and to appreciate the love that supports you on your journey through college because it is family that becomes the most significant importance when you are on your own.

Someone who is outgoing, friendly, and loves to learn and participate in activities and social events.

I would have begun to look at college differently. I use to look at it as a scary part of my life, leaving home and becoming more independent, not sure if I would succed in my career, loosing and gaining friends, a time of change. I would tell myself that everything would be okay. As I look at myself now and look back at all the mistakes I have made in the past, I realize I can still change and do things differently to better myself. This spring semester was the first time I went away for college and not going to the local community college. It was a lot different and alot to get used to, but I look and see how much progress I made not only in school work, but in myself. I made new friends, learned new study habbits, became more positive, and knew that Saisbury was the perfect school for me.

I love how there are so many ways to get help to succeced academically.

Najee

As long as you continue to stay focused on being the best person you can be to aid in being successful, you will be able to succeed with flying colors. Always make sure to pay attention, stay active in the community that you are in, and learn to understand different people so that you connect with many people to create bridges strong enough to not fall down easily. Make sure to find friends that will enocourage you to be better when they recognize that you are not meeting your full potential. Also, do not be afraid to reach out to others and help them be the best people that they could be by letting them know that you are willing to help in any way that you can within your boundaries. Continue to challenge yourself whenever given the opportunity, but do not bite more than you can chew so that you can stay true to your goal of nothing but succeeding in life, successfully getting your degree, and working hard towards a career that you would love to pursue for the remainder of your life. Stay positive and happiness and success will follow!

The best thing about Salisbury University is the value of the education received for the price that it is valued at. The education as well as the values and lessons that I have learned while at this school are just as great, if not better than what is learned at an expensive undergrad school for a cheaper price. The financial aid is very helpful and the people that I have created connections with are all for seeing each individual they meet succeed in any way possible, as well as following their dreams.

Knowing how exactly to live on your own, off-campus that is is something I wish I had a better grasp on before coming to this school. The housing situations can be a bit difficult when it comes down to the money that is spent.

Tyler

The best piece of advice I could give myself or anybody would be to not judge somebody by how they look. I've learned that you cant judge somebidy just by how they talk or what clothes they wear because they could be an amazing and interesting person. At any time you could meet a CEO or start up investor that could change your whole life, but if you judge them right away and decide to brush them off then that opportunity is gone. in a world where its all about who you know it never hurts to have a lot of friends, and the best way to do that is to be open minded.

the city of salisbury isnt avery safe area, everything is under control i just dont feel totally safe walking the streets at night

somebody who doesnt like trying new things, you have to be open and willing to join groups and meet new people.

Kora

I believe that the biggest piece of information that I was never told was to read the chapter before you go to your lecture. College is the opposite of high school, meaning that you dont get introduced to the material in class then have reading and homework to do for that section afterwords. You have to read before the lecture so you can ask any questions you have or get anything clarified that is unclear. You also have to be able to interact with the class discussion because most college professors take class participation into account while deciding on your grade. I have also learned that it takes time to get things to sink into your brain so cramming for tests doesnt help. If your serious about doing well in school then you have to consistently study daily, ask lots of questions, take detailed notes and never miss class. Asking a class mate or a professor for help if you begin to feel lost is also a must. Even taking it a step further and getting a tutor is often neccesary to succeed in college. Dont be afraid to ask for help and dont be afraid to fail.

Nick

Dear Nick, Hey, this is me, Nick. I'm a freshman at your future college, Salisbury University. Enjoy that senior year of highschool, but maybe instead of taking gym and weightlifting again, you might want to take a few AP courses. English, for example is pretty tricky at college. You're use to the teachers at highschool, so you might want to work out after school and take more difficult classes. College is great though. It is a lot more freedom because you get to schedule your classes at times that work for you. For example, this whole year you only go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, which is cool because you take four classes in three days and can do homework on Tuesday and Thursday......but don't get used to it because it won't always work out this way. The ride from home to Salisbury is a little further than your highschool around the corner, but it can be a relaxing ride with music on and windows down. Don't stress too much, have lunch at college with new friends, and do your best.

I wish that I had take AP classes in highschool because I would already have college credits . I suffered from Senioritis in highschool and while I enjoyed it, I also couldn't wait to graduate. Salisbury University's courses are alot of work so thinking you can just take a "blow off" course isn't accurate. Each course takes some dedication.

Any kind of person should go to Salisbury University. They offer a variety of majors, and they are always expanding the university with new buildings and dorms.

Theresa

Great quality education at a reasonable cost.

Great quality education at a reasonable cost.

To try to be accepting and try to be socialable early. Stay focused and believe in yourself.

Maeve

There is quite a bit of opportunity to have additional help from our teachers if we need it. The teachers are very accessible and get back to student's emails promptly. Also, the class sizes are perfect and give everyone a chance to answer questions.

I would tell myself to join as many clubs as possible at Salisbury and to not be afraid to start a new club if I did not find one that I really liked. I would also tell myself to find a job off-campus early in August in Salisbury because many are not available during the school year and on-campus jobs are hard to find.

That we have amazing living arrangements available for students. The apartments and dorms that are on campus are clean and gorgeous.

To the high school senior verison of myself, I would like to tell you to enjoy your life and have fun but know how to balance fun, work and studying, do not overload yourself in any of them. the transition between high school and college is one that is both difficault and easy. Hard because you arer totally on your own no one to make you food or clean up after you, the professors do not nag you about doing your work or giving you extensions for no reason. however, iot is quite easy beacsue you are already used to having a job and going to school. it is just a little more intense. Enjoy high school and look forward to the future and choose a major you will enjoy as a career and one you fell like you will succeed at.

Salisbury University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.