Salisbury University

« See more reviews of Salisbury University

My school has a very nice looking campus and many resources to help students succeed, including a writing center, teacher office hours, SI classes, tutors, and other online resources. They also have a job and internship fair twice a week with resume building to help students reach out and find a job or internship opportunity. Salisbury offers "Coffee with a Teacher" cards to help students invite their professors to get a drink and get to know their professor or ask for help in a class. The staff and professors encourage the students to do well and care about the students.

The fact that Salisbury University offers several distance learning programs for students who can't make traditional classroom hours is very unique. The Social Work program has a satillite program where students across the state can attend satillite classes at locations close to them and never have to visit the main campus for classes. These classes are offered two to three nights a week and very convient for working students. The teachers even visit the off campus classes to get to know the distance learning students. It is a great learning experience and very convienent.

Salisbury University is like no other college. The feeling of love and acceptance that one feels while attending the University is almost overwhelming. Everyone is accepting of other people's views; there is not discrimination unlike other universities. All of the students and staff strive to help other prospective students on campus not only get good grades, but also learn the material. Professors are willing to work with any student to help them excel in class. Likewise, when one is not in class, there are numerous events going on around campus.

I think that my schoo's size and locaton are two factors that I consider unique. It is a small school that I feel is just the right size because it is easy and convenient to walk from any point on campus to the other, and the classroom sizes are also relativey small. Just small enough to receive proper help and attrention from the tacher if needed. The location is unique because it is about 25 minutes away fom a beach so when there's good weather, there's always a great place to visit.

I considered many different schools however Salisbury University caught my attention. Salisbury had the major I am persuing, it had all the sports I am interested in, and the cost was reasonable considering my family's income. I also liked the low student to professor ratio, the location was key, and the amount of background information that I had on it made it easy for me to make my choice. I have made a lot of friends and am truely enjoying my experience at Salisbury University.

Salisbury University is the perfect size; not too small or not too big. It has a great nursing program and nationally recognized business school, which is why I am honored to be a student there. Students and faculty are diverse in many ways and there are plenty of extra-curricular activities to cater to their likes. Campus is also only a half hour away from Ocean City, Maryland which makes it great for surfing, laying on the beach, and other places to go to.

At Salisbury University the people are very friendly, the campus is easy to navigate and has great food! Salisbury University is considered to be a medium sized school and the campus compared to other schools is very condensed and is simple to maneuver around. When living on campus, everything from the library, the dining hall and classes are all within a quarter of a mile from each other which makes the campus very convenient to get around quickly.

What is unique about Salisbury University is that it is in a small city on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Besides that, it is ranked #65 in regional schools of the North in the US. That is pretty impressive for a school in a city most people have ever heard of. Coming from a small town, I find it comforting to not have to go off to a big city, but still get an equal, or better, education than most of the bigger institutions in this state.

The atmosphere and the energy from the people and the environment. Most everyone is very friendly and the staff is always willing to help. The school is currently udergoing contruction to become more "green". It is also an arboretum so the outdoor environment is well taken care of. Academics and student environment are a high priority for Salisbury University.

I felt welcomed as soon as I arrived at Salisbury University for my first tour of the school. Everyone smiled, offered their assistance, and answered questions- even the people in the town around the University. The friendly atmosphere did not end with the summer tours, and I still enjoy it today.