Salisbury University

« See more reviews of Salisbury University

The only downside I would give to attending Salisbury University is that the School campus is the closest thing you will find to a city. The outlying area is very rural and tends to be very simple minded and even at some points racist. This was not much of a problem for me personally as I tended to only go outside of the campus to go for certain shopping needs or to go see a movie at the nearby Salisbury Mall. Fortunately it is something easily avoided by keeping to the campus facilities.

Advising for post gradute life was non exsistent, this was an opinion gathered from a students. In my situation my advisor did not really indicate that I had any other options outside of returning to graduate school. I was not completely confident in what field I wanted to recieve my masters. Additionly there was never a discussion about the types of jobs that could be offered to a student with a bachelors in biology or how to go about finding those jobs.

the worst thing about my school is the area in which it is located. The city of Salisbury is one of the highest crime ridden areas in the state of Maryland. the moment you walk off campus there is concern for your well being. Walking home from class you have to watch for being robbed, and the added fear of getting lost down the wrong street is an added stressor to the average students workload.

The worst thing about my school is the parking. There are not enough parking spots to accomodate the amount of students who have parking passes. The campus security also makes it hard for us because they hand out parking tickets like fliers. The school is currently working on building a parking garage, but even after its completion, we will be down by 180 parking spots that we had before.

I have only been to Salisbury University for half a year. I just recently transferred and have not found one thing that I dislike. Just like most students, I would consider the outside schoolwork to be a pain but it is what I intend to do. I transferred here to achieve a higher education and I find the classes interesting because the professors are so knowledgeable in their subject.

I love the Campus, most of the buildings have been updated and the suroundings are beautiful. The food in the Commons is great as well. The worst thing about the school would have to be the parking. They have made additional parking areas, but you have to be willing to walk. they have built a parking garage, but freshmen are not allowed to park in there.

The relationship wit the community isn't the best. Sometimes students feel targeted by community members and the local city police for simply having fun. However, the school is working with community and campus leaders to reconcile our differences.

The worst thing about my school is probably the weather during fall semester. It rains 6 days a week dring the fall. for every 20 minutes of Sunshine at school, you get two days of rain. At least thats the running joke at school.

I think the worst thing about my school is that it is too little for the amount of students entering into it, therefore lessoning the spots for certain programs such as nursing, athletic training, etc.

The only drawback to attending Salisbury University was the smaller sports program. You don't have the huge football team that has everyone's support every weekend because it isn't a large school.