Salisbury University

« See more reviews of Salisbury University

dont just choose a college based on where your friends are going, and if you get offered housing choose to live with a radom roomate, it will give you a better experience plus youll make all new friends. at first it may be hard to move away from home, but dont go crazy witht the new freedom you feel like you have. if you know what you want to major in, or what job you want to do make sure the college you choose is able to accomodate that career path, and that there are areas around the university where you could possibly get an internship. i would also recomend not moving to far away from home if you have never lived away from home for an extended period of time. once you move your stuck there for at least a semester, so make sure you think things through completely.

As a college student, you have to enjoy yourself at school or else you would dread being there. Joining groups, clubs, or other extracurricular activities helps you get acclimated to the campus and also meet knew people. When you meet peers with different backgrounds and from different areas that also allows you to network for future opportunities and could result in everlasting friendships. The best thing you can do is not put too much stress on yourself and try to accomplish more than you can handle. Make sure you are getting enough sleep and giving yourself ample time to complete all assignments. Lastly, take time to yourself. Concentrate on your studies, but also have a social life; get to know other people and allow them to learn about you.

I would tell myself a few basic things. The first one being that I need to be prepared. Nothing will ever be as easy as life has been as a high school student. This is the most important time in my life and I want to make something fabulous happen with the education that I am going to receive. The advice I would give myself is very simple indeed. Do not take yourself so seriously but be prepared to work hard. The world is not going to end over one bad grade but do not get so blas? that you accept it either. Learn to have fun while making sure that you do competent and complete work. Most of all I would tell myself to remember that this is what is going to make me a better person so to make sure I take the time to enjoy it at least a little.

My advice to students is to find a school that is recognized for the career you are choosing. This way the material you learn will have a strong and positive influence on your career. Also, choose a school you feel comfortable in. Make sure the size and environment is inviting to you. Visit the school and look at the students to see if they seem like they have similar interests to you. Finally, choose a school that has extracurricular activites that you enjoy doing. This way you can participate in something you love to do and meet new people at the same time. In order to have a great college experience you want to make sure you get the most out of the college career wise but are able to fit in with your surroundings as well as the other students.

College is an amazing experience that you will enjoy. At times it may be very difficult, but there is always support available to you when you need. This support will come from your friends, family, and the University. Take advantage of all that is available to you, such as tutoring, counseling, academic advisors, sporting events, intermural sports, and more. Taking part in these will help make your experience that much more special. You will be successful in life no matter what your goals are. During college, you will make the foundation for the rest of your life, so make choices wisely and do what is best for yourself now and in the future. Never forget, you are brilliant and will go far in life as long as you stay focused and work hard.

To the high school senior verison of myself, I would like to tell you to enjoy your life and have fun but know how to balance fun, work and studying, do not overload yourself in any of them. the transition between high school and college is one that is both difficault and easy. Hard because you arer totally on your own no one to make you food or clean up after you, the professors do not nag you about doing your work or giving you extensions for no reason. however, iot is quite easy beacsue you are already used to having a job and going to school. it is just a little more intense. Enjoy high school and look forward to the future and choose a major you will enjoy as a career and one you fell like you will succeed at.

When I first finished high school, I was ready. I wanted to take on the world. I wanted to meet new people and travel wherever I could. I know that to be able to do everything I want, I need to finish my education. I am currently in my second year at Howard Community College. I hope to transfer to UMBC in Fall 2010 and finish my masters. I hope to go back to Graduate school after I finish undergraduate. I want to be a computer scientist and to do this I need a full education. When I started at HCC, I played Volleyball and met many new friends. I now know how important all of these friends I made. I'm still great friends with all of them, and I want to meet many more while I'm continuing my education.

There are a lot of things which I would change. Assuming I could go back to my days as a high school senior, one of the first things I would do would be to apply for every single scholarship I could, as well as to help in my community more. Being just a college freshman really allowed me to realize the struggle and resourcefulness that college students have to possess, when put under a great deal of financial pressure. Applying myself to many scholarships, as well as being an active member in my hometown, would not only benefit the community by helping, but prove to be a great factor in numerous scholarships and even contribute to future specific job applications that could prove to be very helpful.

I was one of those students who didn't build very good study habits. I did really good in school by paying attention in class and doing my homework, but didn't need to or have to study. T obtained a 4.15 GPA in High School and "tested out of" every final exam. I was always afraid that if I took the exam and was not prepared, it would hurt my grades. Now that I am in college, I get really nervous and anxious when taking test. If I had to go back and tell myself one thing about what to expect in College, it would be to spend more time, or at least some time, studying. I would also tell myself to take the exams. I am a good student and that I don’t have anything to fear by taking the exams.

I can say that College was the most fufilling time of my life. It is not just the classes and studying that really educate you for the future, it is the whole experience. Everything from learning to manage your own schedule and keep yourself organized to finding a way to live outside on your own. Learning how to make friends and connections is just as much a part as the class time itself for preparing you for the real world. The preparation that I got for my major was a great help as well leading to my Internship becoming a 2 year real world job experience. I will always keep what I learned from college and use to my advantage for each new opportunity that comes my way.