Salisbury University

« See more reviews of Salisbury University

The people are the best thing about this school. They really know how to make you feel welcome, whether they are a professor, staff, or fellow students. On Maryland's Eastern Shore, you get a glimpse of southern hospitality because everyone is so nice and inviting. Salisbury epitomizes that and this makes the school that much better. Additionally, we have two cultures here--the culture of school during the semesters and then beach culture--because most students go down to Ocean City for the summertime to work and live ... and play. That's a pretty sweet aspect as well.

The best thing about Salisbury University is the location and the atmosphere. It is located just 30 minutes away from Ocean City and the neighboring towns are mostly farmland. There is a huge diversity of people and places therefore it is never boring. Salisbury has less than 8,000 students making it comfortable to be on campus and in the classroom. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. Since the classroom sizes are around 20-30 students, the professors get to know each individual student and offer as much extra help that is needed.

What I enjoyed the most at Salisbury University was the much more personal learning and living environment I got from attending a small University. I originally got accepted to my first choice school Virginia Tech but decided to go the small school route with more available Financial Aid. While there I found that the small town feel of a smaller University really fit my lifestyle well. I made friends that will be with me forever and learned more in that time than I ever could have in the environment of a large school.

Salisbury's greatest trait is too hard to point out. There is so much about this school that I love, from the small, accessible campus to the great classes, from the fantastic housing to the amazing dining experience. Salisbury is the single best school I've ever attended; School is fun, comfortable, and a joy to attend. The school also offers a great extracurricular variety, with five star sports teams to an amazing theatre program. There is no "best thing" about Salisbury; It's all the best. GO SEA GULLS!!!

The best thing about Salisbury University is the value of the education received for the price that it is valued at. The education as well as the values and lessons that I have learned while at this school are just as great, if not better than what is learned at an expensive undergrad school for a cheaper price. The financial aid is very helpful and the people that I have created connections with are all for seeing each individual they meet succeed in any way possible, as well as following their dreams.

The best thing about my school would be the design of the school. It is really pretty with a tree library which I think is really amazing because not many places consider trees with respect, students have actually been fined for destruction of those treees. And my philosophy teacher loves discussing trees and their importance in our lives and how we ignore them on a daily basis, which is understandable because it is human nature to take things for granted.

The best thing about this school is the fact that the professors used to be where the students are right know. They give us incite and help keep us motivated to look towards the future. The professors are very helpful and knowledgeable. They help give you ideas for career placements and openly give personal experiences about their past that can help you figure out your future.

How helpful the campus is for people who want to succeed academically and the social life on campus. I value my education and the programs here are very competitive, so if I have diffuculty with any of my classes it's easy to obtain help. Social life because classes can be hard and it's nice that the campus has certain events for students to distress at and hang with friends.

The best thing about my school is the diversity. There so many different cultures to learn from and experience. If you were walking around campus and saw a group of people they would be full of different cultures, backgrounds, and ethnicities. Having friends that are from different from background shows you different aspects of life and may teach you to appreciate life.

I consider the best thing about Salisbury to be that it is so diverse. They have every race and religion and they have clubs for everyone to join and make friends who are like them. There are many different cultures and Salisbury really celebrates that! I really think that everyone can make great great friends at Salisbury because there are people from all walks of life.