Salish Kootenai College Top Questions

How much college actually costs.

Not only the knowledge of this school but college in general, I wish I would have known the time and effort school consumes transferring from high school to college. I have learned the hard way on what college courses need from you for you to achieve and pas,s so I wish I would have known more reality on the life of a college student.

Kristine

I wish I would have known that the tribe was so unorganized. Things don't get done very quickly and you really have to stay on top of things to ensure that things get completed and correctly.

I wish I would have know how small the class sizes were, because I would have started a long time ago. The individual attention is key to my advancement in college. I have been out of school for twenty two years and did not think I could have made it this far in a larger setting. My professors are able to spend time with me, where in a larger school the professors would not have the time.

Naomi

I wished I would have known that education is not that scary. Attending a smaller community of education allows one-on-one with the professors and abundant resources. To know that anything I needed help with in figuring out school, there's always someone at the institution willing to help with any difficulties. As well as keeping education at front of all intentions and not searching for a social life. Education comes first and than the fun stuff falls into place.