Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salt Lake Community College

Joshua

The class size is comparable to that of a high school class size, which makes it extremely convinent to communicate with the teacher and to be able to get assistance from them. I think that it also makes it a much more personal experience when the class size is smaller.

As a high school senior, it is sometimes hard to imagine that you will eventually have to make the transition from high school to college, even though that transition is right around the corner! So it went with me; I was more concerned with just finishing up high school rather than the thought of beginning college. And because of that, I finished up high school just fine. But, when I began college, I realized that school is NOT over yet. The worst part of it was I realized just how expensive college can get when you don't have any scholarships to rely on. If there is one thing that I would tell my high school senior self, I would tell him to study hard, hard enough to be able to earn scholarships, and not to study just to finish high school. For the real life, college, is just beginning!

I love the experience that you can receive there, despite the fact that it is just a small community college. It is very close to home, easy for anyone of any age to go there, and fairly inexpensive for what it's worth.

David

I decided that getting a job and earning a pay check was more important than getting an education. DO NOT DO THIS! Get a student loan and get your degree! I'm now 24 and I don't even have my Associates Degree yet. You know how you hate people treating you like crap? Imagine having to put up with that every day and not having an out. Don't worry about your debt with the loan, you'll be making more money with your new career and you'll have it paid off in no time. Also, go into Electrical Engineering. Don't worry about the grades you got in High School, we are a lot smarter than they gave us credit for. Oh and make sure you get married to Alysea, she is awesome! If not for her I wouldn't be in school to begin with. She will help you and you will help her and you will both live very happy lives. That's all, good luck and remember this saying "do what you have to do today so that someday you can do what you want to do".

Too many student teachers. Most are trying to graduate from the University of Utah and are required to teach courses in communicty college. It's the worst thing because they are just trying to get through it, they're not legitimiately interested in teaching the students something new.

There are a lot of students who don't seem to want to be there or are not taking the process seriously. This is primarily due to their age and how much time they've spent out of high school before going to college. These are the students who are usually the most disruptive. The only advice I can give is be patient and try to get past the 1000 level classes. Usually, the immature students don't make it past the lower end college courses and by the time you reach 2000 level classes you're in the clear.

Annalisa

I would tell myself to not slack off and keep paying attention in class. To study harder and longer to get better grades because i'd need it later on in life. I would also tell myself that no one can decide for me what is best to do, to pick basketball over volleyball because I'd greatly regret it later on. And to spend time with the family because I would be missing them from time to time while away at school.

This school is great for anyone. There's already a great variety of diverse people. It does require hard work and studying though. It's not a school to slack off at and just slide by.

How awesome some of my teachers are and how much fun it is to be an athlete, to get to play, and to watch other sports succeed. I also usually say how nice it is to not have huge classes and how great of a working environment it is.

Tanya

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would tell me to hold on to the future I want for myself. There's a boy in your life who will sway you from your dreams. You need to focus more on school and not worry less about what other people think about you. Your not going to please everyone. You need to only worry about what you think about you. You know who you are even though you may not realize it. Your a strong person and you need to hold on to that to stay focused on your hopes and dreams. It's not that you don't have a nice life in the future. It's just that it will take you a lot longer to get back to those dreams.

Rickesha

I believe it is a great place to start a college education because of its great variety of majors and courses, it helps you transition easily from high school to college, and it has lower tuition costs.

I would say, "Prepare yourself! Its not as easy as you think! I suggest you interview people and check out the many opportunities given to you. I also suggest saving that money that you get from your family, it will help you greatly. Keep up your grades and your spirits. Its going to be rough journey ahead, but the rewards will be endless! Keep up the good work and never give up on your dreams. You need to work hard, but never forget to enjoy life as it comes to you. You're only in high school once. Don't let it pass you by."

I feel that anyone wanting to continue a college education can come to this college because of its diverse major choices, its diverse ethnicities, and its diverse age groups.

james

high level of transfer students to a university

high level of transfer students to a university

advise i would give myself would be to make preperations ahead of schedule so that you dont have to wait in long lines and sit around worrying about financial aid so that you can go to college and just relax and just focus on your schooling.

Pablo

there was a good mixture of mature and recent high school grads. Once in my specific (PTA) program my classmates were overall more mature and driven then in the general ed classes.

I definitely wouldn't have waited so long to go back to school. Going to school now as an husband, and a father with car payments and a mortgage was definitely very hard and taught me a lot about myself and the woman I married who stood by me and supported me these last 5 years. It would have certainly been much easier and a lot less stressful if I had stayed in school when I originally started back in 1995. Had I done that I my not have had to put my family through such hard times like my wife working two jobs to help put me through school and to make ends meet. We did receive help along the way from but unfortunately we did also accrue some unwanted debts as well. I also ended up studying what I told myself I wanted to study as a high school senior so if I could go back to that time and talk to myself I would definitely tell myself to stay with that plan and don?t let fear of the unknown be an obstacle but rather a stepping stone to reach a worth while goal.

The long lines that I had to stand in to get the help I wanted in order to get started at the school. However, they have made some changes since I started a couple of years ago and seem to be getting better.

Cathereine

I initially started at the U of U and didn't do very well. I think I would go back and tell myself to take school a lot more serious and probably would have told myself to start at SLCC so I could used the college life and I would have probably been more successful at a university. Make sure you research all prospect colleges and what type of major you want.

If you are uneasy about the big classes at a university and want smaller ones this would be a geat place to go. The physical therapist assistant program is amazing at SLCC with really dedicated teachers. This program is amazing! A lot less expensive tuition. Great place to break you in for college before you got to a University.

The tuition get rising but I wasn't really seeing where all the extra money was going. The program that I was in was very intense. The parking situation at the Jordan campus is kind of a joke if you could find a place to park. Not too many negatives at all.

Derik

I would suggest to myself to take more AP classes, do not take seminary so I could graduate early, and to figure out what I wanted to go into before I got to college instead of just showing up and taking random classes.

Someone who has poor organization skills. A lot of these classes require a lot of self discipline and one doesn't get a lot of help generally from professors.

We have a nice nursing campus with state of the art equipment.

Going to Salt Lake Community College is great for me because the class sizes are smaller and more personalized. I am able to discuss my work with my professors. The cost for schooling fits with my budget and I am able to work on my generals while I discover which career is the best for me. I am only minutes away from the nearest campus, and with more than one campus to attend I can easily find everything I need.

I would tell myself to relax. College life is definately different but its great. I would have told myself to start out slow, don't take on so many credits, try and get a grip on a few classes then take on more after a few semesters. Just think of it as high school version 2.0. Its just like high school only everyone wants to be there they all have something in common with you, they want to learn.

The great thing about a community college is that everyone and anyone can attend. It gives an opportunity for those who can't afford to go to a university to get the education they need. All that is required of a student is the desire to better themselves by obtaining the skills and knowledge that will set them in their course for their career.

Salt Lake Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.