Salt Lake City, UT
Salt Lake Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salt Lake Community College

Cathereine

I initially started at the U of U and didn't do very well. I think I would go back and tell myself to take school a lot more serious and probably would have told myself to start at SLCC so I could used the college life and I would have probably been more successful at a university. Make sure you research all prospect colleges and what type of major you want.

If you are uneasy about the big classes at a university and want smaller ones this would be a geat place to go. The physical therapist assistant program is amazing at SLCC with really dedicated teachers. This program is amazing! A lot less expensive tuition. Great place to break you in for college before you got to a University.

The tuition get rising but I wasn't really seeing where all the extra money was going. The program that I was in was very intense. The parking situation at the Jordan campus is kind of a joke if you could find a place to park. Not too many negatives at all.

Derik

I would suggest to myself to take more AP classes, do not take seminary so I could graduate early, and to figure out what I wanted to go into before I got to college instead of just showing up and taking random classes.

Someone who has poor organization skills. A lot of these classes require a lot of self discipline and one doesn't get a lot of help generally from professors.

We have a nice nursing campus with state of the art equipment.

Going to Salt Lake Community College is great for me because the class sizes are smaller and more personalized. I am able to discuss my work with my professors. The cost for schooling fits with my budget and I am able to work on my generals while I discover which career is the best for me. I am only minutes away from the nearest campus, and with more than one campus to attend I can easily find everything I need.

I would tell myself to relax. College life is definately different but its great. I would have told myself to start out slow, don't take on so many credits, try and get a grip on a few classes then take on more after a few semesters. Just think of it as high school version 2.0. Its just like high school only everyone wants to be there they all have something in common with you, they want to learn.

The great thing about a community college is that everyone and anyone can attend. It gives an opportunity for those who can't afford to go to a university to get the education they need. All that is required of a student is the desire to better themselves by obtaining the skills and knowledge that will set them in their course for their career.

Jill

Salt Lake Community College (SLCC), in my opinion, is known for their flexible schedules for working adults. SLCC is also dedicated to fair pricing and one on one student/teacher interaction. It has the feeling of private education for a public education price.

I have recently thought of this exact question and my answer would be the words of advice that my father once told me. "Jilly, I want you to understand how important it is to go to school and earn your degree. You have a long road of work ahead of you. It makes all the difference in the world to wake up every morning and be happy to go to work. It sucks if you don't. Even if your dream is to pump gas at a gas station you still need to have a plan B. Work hard and get your degree, and later in life you can do whatever you'd like because you gave yourself options." I wish I would have taken his advice to heart earlier in life, but it's better late than never.

I wish I had known what my field of study was going to be when I first began attending school so many years ago. I would be closer to graduating and completing my degree.

Salt Lake Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.