Salt Lake Community College

« See more reviews of Salt Lake Community College

In general I really like the Community College, if I have to choose the worst thing about this school it would be the tuition. But compared to the Universities the prices are relatively cheaper. I find the cost of my books and classes barely affordable. The cost of my education forces me to work full-time in order to afford my education, which takes away from my study time. I would not be able afford college as a part-time employee.

The program is short, and doesn't get as diverse as I would like. While it does a wonderful job of covering the basics, I was hoping to get a taste of culinary arts from all sides of the globe, and sadly this program doesn't have it. But, I sincerely hope that will change in the future. More education can never be a bad thing.

The worst thing is parking. I don't know if it's like that at other schools. But you have to get to school almost a half hour early to get a parking space way in the back. Not that I'm against exercising it just always happens i'm late to class. It's only like that for the first couple months after the sememster starts though.

Too many student teachers. Most are trying to graduate from the University of Utah and are required to teach courses in communicty college. It's the worst thing because they are just trying to get through it, they're not legitimiately interested in teaching the students something new.

The staff at this school did not clearly explain to me exactly what papers i needed to fill out in order to transfer my credits from another school. So I was unable to sign up for some of my classes until a few days before the semester started. It was very frustrating.

I would not consider it "the worst thing" but its a down side, with enrollment rates this year, classes filled up quick so a chance at getting into a class you want or need can be slim if you dont register when you need too.

Personally, since i work and currently only have two classes i don't stay on Campus when I'm out of class so i don't have the oppurtunity to explore or really interact with people.

At SLCC everything is done online and the programs aren't always user friendly. The staff at SLCC is happy to walk you through any problems you may have accessing the websites.

I don't feel like there are a lot of opportunities to get to know other students because I feel like there aren't a lot of school activities to attend.

The worst thing about Salt Lake Communtiy College is the information being so hard to find. around campus and online.