Huntsville, TX
Sam Houston State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sam Houston State University

Leigha

Find one in a place that you would want to stay at for 4 or more years. Also look for one that has your major transfering is not easy and not really always a good idea since it can be hard to find the right courses to take.

Not really a whole lot...I think I do more complaining than I do bragging. The only thing I brag about is how many math people are here and how I have made a few short term friends that are also math majors.

I would say one that doesn't like to do a lot of walking and if you really like urban areas you shouldn't attend this school.

Jenna

Finding the right college can be a daunting task. In order to avoid having to transfer in the middle of your college career and possibly lose college credit, parents and students should sit down together and look , in detail, at all the majors and activities their colleges of interest have to offer. Maybe there are two or three majors you're interested in, but you are not sure which major you want to be THE MAJOR, try to go to a school which offers all of them. Therefore, you wont run into the problem of having to transfer later. To make the most of the college experience, students need to fully plan things out. Graduating late can be a big bummer. To avoid that, students should pay close attention to their degree plan. Students also should not forget to budget their money. Running out of money half-way through the semester is also a bummer; so don't forget to plan, plan, plan.

The campus itself is very beautiful. It has amazing landscaping. Plus it is a perfect size so that walking across campus never takes longer than 10 minutes.

I wish there were more healthy eating options available on campus. There is mostly just fast food available. Parking is also a huge problem. In the morning until about lunch, parking is almost impossible.

Veronica

Sam Houston State University is a place where students can grow, learn, and enhance their perspective on life and educational possibilites.

Don't look at the cost of tuition first. Look at all of the possibilites. In most instances you'll receive enough financial aid to cover heavy expenses. Consider the schools that cater to your academic/social priorities (i.e., great Business prgrams for business majors, etc.)

The size of the small financial aid staff for such a large number of students. All of the cultural activities and groups offered on campus.

Make as many visits to campuses to find the one that you find to be the most comfortable.

The best thing about my school is the open door policy with professors. I never feel too embarrased or intimidated to walking into a professors' office to discuss a problem or situation.

I think the fact that there is a lack of school spirit and majority of students leave on the weekends are two of very limited number of drawbacks of Sam Houston State University.

James

Apply to many different colleges and see what they have to offer before enrolling into any one college. Also make sure and visit the campus to get a feel of what it would be like living there. You might want to go there, but when you visit, you hate the campus and surrounding areas. Also look for scholarships. College can be expensive. It shouldn't be left up to your parents to pay for your education. Keep on the prowl for scholarships no matter how far you are in school. Extra money can't hurt anyone?

I would have to say the worst thing about going to Sam Houston are the meal plans. They are so incovenient and such a waste of money. Students don't end up using all their meals yet they are still paying for them instead of being reimbursted. They food is also pretty bad. They need for of a variety and cleaner cafeterias.

How easy the workload is. All my friends at other universities are always stressing out about an upcoming test or something and here at Sam Houston, the work is pretty easy. You just have to stay on top of the ball and everything will work out.

After transferring to my third high school in one year, I said enough was enough and decided to graduate early. My sophomore year came to an end, and I knew what college I wanted to attend. I have always been interested in the Criminal Justice system and I knew that by going to Sam Houston State University, I would get to learn the system the right way. After realizing that, I had no hesitation in applying to Sam, unfortunately I was not accepted. However, they gave me the option of explaining my situation and why I should be accepted. After so many hours of hard work and after so many people doubted me, I knew I was going to prove them wrong. So, my advice as a seventeen year old, entering her sophomore year in college, would be not to lose sight of the college you want to go to. I would not change being this happy for the world. Enjoy the college lifestyle; do not be shy about meeting new people. This is an opportunity to be whomever you want and make a name for yourself. Believe me, if there is a will there will always be a way.

I love the fact that everyone at Sam knows everyone. When you go to a school event there are always people to socialize with and opportunities to meet knew ones. I have never once felt out of place regardless if I am at a party, football game, or just working out. As well as the social aspect, professors who teach at smaller schools like Sam are more involved and you get to know them on a better level. You are an individual at Sam not just another number in the classroom.

I think that the only ones, who should not attend Sam, are the ones who want to major in something that Sam does not offer! You do not have to be the average nineteen year old to attend, I cannot tell you how many people choose to continue their education at Sam. Think about it, I was sixteen years old in August 2007, my birthday is not until December, and I feel like I am at the same level as everyone else. Regardless of who you are students, professors, and staff will accept you one way or another.

Patricia

Sam Houston State Univerity is a school where you can express yourself and develop your own identity while making friends in the process.

I would tell students to research colleges that have the field which they are thinking about having a job in one day. Then they need to see what the colleges offer as a whole. They need to look at academics, housing, financial aid, the cost of attending the college, clubs, career services, fitness center and anything else they might want to know about the colleges. Once you narrow the list to four to five colleges, plan a visit to each and draw decisions from that. When you get to college, study hard and join some clubs and go with the flow. College is a time for you to have new experiences. Don't forget to attend a couple football games too with friends. Most importantly, don't forget who you are and what you want out of college or you'll lose sight of who you are and who you want to become.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they don't announce when the football games are and at what time.

Sam Houston State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.