Huntsville, TX
Sam Houston State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sam Houston State University

James

Apply to many different colleges and see what they have to offer before enrolling into any one college. Also make sure and visit the campus to get a feel of what it would be like living there. You might want to go there, but when you visit, you hate the campus and surrounding areas. Also look for scholarships. College can be expensive. It shouldn't be left up to your parents to pay for your education. Keep on the prowl for scholarships no matter how far you are in school. Extra money can't hurt anyone?

I would have to say the worst thing about going to Sam Houston are the meal plans. They are so incovenient and such a waste of money. Students don't end up using all their meals yet they are still paying for them instead of being reimbursted. They food is also pretty bad. They need for of a variety and cleaner cafeterias.

How easy the workload is. All my friends at other universities are always stressing out about an upcoming test or something and here at Sam Houston, the work is pretty easy. You just have to stay on top of the ball and everything will work out.

After transferring to my third high school in one year, I said enough was enough and decided to graduate early. My sophomore year came to an end, and I knew what college I wanted to attend. I have always been interested in the Criminal Justice system and I knew that by going to Sam Houston State University, I would get to learn the system the right way. After realizing that, I had no hesitation in applying to Sam, unfortunately I was not accepted. However, they gave me the option of explaining my situation and why I should be accepted. After so many hours of hard work and after so many people doubted me, I knew I was going to prove them wrong. So, my advice as a seventeen year old, entering her sophomore year in college, would be not to lose sight of the college you want to go to. I would not change being this happy for the world. Enjoy the college lifestyle; do not be shy about meeting new people. This is an opportunity to be whomever you want and make a name for yourself. Believe me, if there is a will there will always be a way.

I love the fact that everyone at Sam knows everyone. When you go to a school event there are always people to socialize with and opportunities to meet knew ones. I have never once felt out of place regardless if I am at a party, football game, or just working out. As well as the social aspect, professors who teach at smaller schools like Sam are more involved and you get to know them on a better level. You are an individual at Sam not just another number in the classroom.

I think that the only ones, who should not attend Sam, are the ones who want to major in something that Sam does not offer! You do not have to be the average nineteen year old to attend, I cannot tell you how many people choose to continue their education at Sam. Think about it, I was sixteen years old in August 2007, my birthday is not until December, and I feel like I am at the same level as everyone else. Regardless of who you are students, professors, and staff will accept you one way or another.

Patricia

Sam Houston State Univerity is a school where you can express yourself and develop your own identity while making friends in the process.

I would tell students to research colleges that have the field which they are thinking about having a job in one day. Then they need to see what the colleges offer as a whole. They need to look at academics, housing, financial aid, the cost of attending the college, clubs, career services, fitness center and anything else they might want to know about the colleges. Once you narrow the list to four to five colleges, plan a visit to each and draw decisions from that. When you get to college, study hard and join some clubs and go with the flow. College is a time for you to have new experiences. Don't forget to attend a couple football games too with friends. Most importantly, don't forget who you are and what you want out of college or you'll lose sight of who you are and who you want to become.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they don't announce when the football games are and at what time.

Sam Houston State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.