Sam Houston State University

« See more reviews of Sam Houston State University

A student who is set to learn and carry their high school knowledge with them to college. Bringing the attitude that your strict high school teachers pended in you preparing you for lectures and tardiness. Sam Houston professors are willing to help you inside and out of the classroom. If you find you are having difficulty and struggling get help in the free tutoring offerred. Growing up and moving to the university is a big transition for a young teenager. Get involved the university has organizations, student activities, and plenty of nice bearkats to keep you busy.

Anyone who wants to learn and experience new things should come to this school. Every professor and faculty member genuinely wants each student to succeed and walk away with a great deal of knowledge. The campus is located in a slightly small town, so any person who is used to the big city should prepare themselves for a culture shock. This is nothing to be scared of though. The town is still fun and the people are very friendly and welcoming. Overall, I have enjoyed my time here and I am looking forward for the next couple years.

One going into Criminal Justice, Business, or Education. Also, someone who is extroverted enough to get plugged into an organization by his or her own initiative. Also, those who are from averaged sized towns tend to adjust the best. Those from big towns find it too small and find Huntsville boring. while those from extremely small towns find it too big and hard to adjust to. The most successful students are those who prioritize and know how to balance their social life with their studies.

This is a good school for someone who is looking for the university experience, without the huge university. It is the perfect size, where professors can get to know you and you can get to know other students. This school is located in a university centered, small town. The school is great for students looking to become an educator or teacher, as it was originally Sam Houston State Teachers' College and is NCATE accredited. This school also has a really good criminal justice program.

The type of person that should attend this school is a person who wants to gain friends for life. This school has a great deal of people that enjoy being social, and everyone gets along with everyone. The school is very high spirited and the kids who go here take school spirit seriously. The kids that also go to this school enjoy a challenge and want to succeed. If you are looking for a school that is going to challenge you mentally, then this is the school for you.

Any person considering a career in the field of criminal justice, education, or business. Also, anyone who wants to attend a medium size university. You still get the feel for college life, being bigger than a high school, but not so large you get lost in the masses. It is also very accepting so any person from any ethnicity and background would feel comfortable here.

Anyone motivated to school. Even if the person did not do as well as they wanted in high school, it is acceptable for them to come here and make a better education for themselves now then they did in the past. A motivated, independent student who wants a college with few students in a small class enviornment with one on one support with the professor.

People who do not feel the need to only live in a big city. Sam Houston State University is not a large school and is located in a small city that does not offer a large variety of activities to participate in. It is a great school for somebody like myself, who graduated from a small high school and isn't exactly sure what they want to study.

Sam Houston State University is surrounded by a fairly small town, so this would be a great place for people who aren’t into the big city atmosphere. It is also a great place to those who like to be able to interact and have a small class environment. It is a great place to meet new people because people here are extremely friendly.

If you love performing arts, business, or criminal justice, this is a great school. Otherwise, a prospective student should take into account how physically fit they are and how much they love rain because the campus is covered in steep hills and stair cases and rains at least once or twice a week during a dry spell.