Sam Houston State University Top Questions

Abria

The most frustrating thing about my school is that sometimes the school just seems too crowded, but that's not all the time.

Javion

Faculty and staff are not very supportive of student-run business and or profit -making operations on or near campus. Also, the deans of most of the individual colleges, including the Dean of Students, are rarely accessible by the students of the school.

There is only one thing I can think of that is frustrating to me about SHSU. While there are approximately 19,000 students, there are only 10,000 parking spaces. This, as you can imagine, makes it very hard to make it to class on time when you have go spend an hr looking for a parking spot.

The advising board is not the best.

karen

The most frustrsating thing about Sam Houston State University is the amount of hills that are present on campus. Walking from building to building can be very tiresome for some students, especially when you are out of shape.

Debrisha

At Sam Houston the most frustrating thing would have to be all the hills, the town is full of hills. I'm exhausted by the time i get to class.

Luisa

One of the most frustrating things, but also most beneficial for keeping in shape, at my school are its hills.

Hilary

I get annoyed with all the hills and stairs, its alot of work especially when my classes are all around campus.

Aurelia

Since so many people are applying to the school, there are very little scholarships avaible. So much so that my first semester I am using nothing but loans and still do not have enough to pay for my first year.

Aryelle

The most frustrating part of Sam Houston State University is the commute required for networking, especially for jobs and internships.

Patricia

The most frustrating thing about my school is that when you call a service on campus, they take a long time getting back to you. What is most annoying about this is that they say they'll cal you back that day.

Stacey

The most frusterating thing about Sam Houston is how the campus is on one big hill. The dorms are on the bottom of the hill and you have to trudge up the steps or the hill to get to all your classes. I usually don't mind this on a good day because the excercise is beneficial to everyone however, when it rains, that means that all the rain on the top of the hill will run down to where you are walking. It's almost a garauntee that you will be soaked by the time you get to class.

Heathe

The most frustrating thing about Sam Houston State University is the minimum amount of classes offered for a minute amount of pre-requisite courses which causes a semester long wait list.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the long lines the students have to wait in to see and advisor and the lengthy phone waits and long lines that students have to wait in to talk to a financial advisor or get information about their financial aid. Also, in the spring semester, registration is much more narrow and limits what classes you are able to take at certain times. This, in effect, affects the work schedule I am able to try to maintain.

Gannon

The most frustrating aspect of SHSU has to be all of the fees they tack on out of nowhere. We had my entire collegiate career planned out before I started going and now I am going to be a year short with my funds because of the extra fees that they have added to the price of tuition and everything else. There are certain parts of the campus that I never use that I still end up finding on my tuition bill which I find extremely frustrating.

Katrice

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of resources for students who run out of finacial aid. This make students have to put their education on wholed and prolonge their college career.

I do not like the minimal food selection. The majority of places consist of fast food and bar food. There is absolutely no variety. I also wish there was more to do in Huntsville. The most disappointing thing to me is the lack of motivation in the students. I have not found a handful of students that are trying to maintain a 3.5 GPA or above.

Marlene

People tend to socialize with people of same views. Not too diverse.

katherine

People are very conservative, and im not, so its difficult to express your opinions especially around election time.

Too many ignorant black people

The students who don't care about academics at all and the ones who don't go to classes

Pamela

The financial aid department can be difficult to work with. There are a lot of forms to fill out and the entire process is time consuming and somewhat painful. There's a lot of fine print to read in some of the contracts, too. Parking, though, is quickly becoming the most frustrating issue at SHSU. There are never enough spots where you need them, and the ticket-writers are vicious.

On campus food chooses are not favorable at all. The times are not good, and there are not many food options available!

I wish there were more healthy eating options available on campus. There is mostly just fast food available. Parking is also a huge problem. In the morning until about lunch, parking is almost impossible.

Patricia

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they don't announce when the football games are and at what time.