Sam Houston State University

« See more reviews of Sam Houston State University

I love the fact that everyone at Sam knows everyone. When you go to a school event there are always people to socialize with and opportunities to meet knew ones. I have never once felt out of place regardless if I am at a party, football game, or just working out. As well as the social aspect, professors who teach at smaller schools like Sam are more involved and you get to know them on a better level. You are an individual at Sam not just another number in the classroom.

I love the people at my school. The professors, overall, tend to be really knowledgeable and very open if you need help. And your peers become to be some of your greatest advantages with study groups and tutoring. Everyone is so friendly and they do not judge you for what you wear or where you come from. I also like the fact that everyone shows that they are going through the same things you are with school and even relationships, so there is always someone to talk to.

I think the best thing about SHSU is the amount of research study opportunities students have. It gives them access to not only people who work in the field they are studying to enter but gives them real work experience as well plus it's fun! The professors are more then willing to help you with any issue you have and can reccommend so many job opportunities to students, they truely want their students to succeed.

The best thing about my school is the beautiful campus and the location relative to Houston and Dallas. This allows for many different commuters to attend this school helping to diversify the students of the campus. Many of the different professors have docrorate degrees in their fields of study. This allows them to give you a more personal experience about the job market student will soon be entering.

What's best about my school are all the centers and places available for studying and tutoring for students. I am a college-athlete and also have access to an entire center that is just for the college-athletes to study and succeed. The campus is just big enough to space things out but not too big so that you get lost. I also love all the oppurtunities and job available here at Sam Houston.

Same as my bragging answer, I absolutly adore how each student can express their selves openly and in many different and creative ways. I also enjoy how the school accommodates for our wide diverse of students and falculty. It helps us over come any stress that is generally associated with colleges, also I believe the world can use more creativity and imagination and be a lot more open.

The best thing about my school is the openness, yet compactness, of the campus and the safe feeling you get when you walk around, regardless of the time. Also, the friendliness and availablity that the professors make themselves available to their students is very efficient and helpful if you fall behind in class, have questions about grades, or even need their personal opinions.

The best thing about my school is that the environment is great for learning and studying. And the environment is great because the students create an academic atmosphere by taking their studies seriously. I prefer to be in this academic environment because my peers and I both share the same dedication to furthering our careers by hard work and perseverance.

The best thing about our school is the free stuff and the fact that there is a chik fil a on campus. The free stuff really is not free it is included in the cost of tuition, but it is still a nice thought that you are rewarded for going to school. The chik fil a usually has short lines which makes it easy to grab a quick bite on your 30 minute lunch break.

Even if you are having a tuff time in a class, most of the time if you talk with your teacher and disscuss your concerns they will try their best to help you bring your grade up. This may mean extra work, tips on studying, study guide, or just a talk about what you need to improve on and how that can be made possible.