Oakland, CA
Samuel Merritt University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Samuel Merritt University

Erricka

I love the diversity and the passion that the professors have to teach. I also love the student community we really learn as a collective not as competitors. The campus food at the hospital is pretty good and there are lots of shops and stores off campus for food. The down side is there is no on campus housing and rent in California is uber expensive!

Ariela

Samuel Merritt is a fantastic school that has provided me with a great name and an even better education. I feel that although it was difficult to get accepted into the school, the class sizes make learning much easier. The campus is clean and beautiful, professors bend over backwards to help us succeed, and we feel safe where we are. I go to school with students that are serious about our major and we are extremely passionate about our causes.

Wendy

I took a couple of online courses last year and I loved that my professors were available to help me. The courses were extremely difficult, so it was important that I have access to my professors when needed. I thought the class assignments were very helpful in learning the material and helped prepare me for the exams. There was a lot of group work, which isn't too bad if you have the right group.

Anya

This is an incredible university. It has a very strong student presence in regards to the running of the university. They are very supportive of any sexual orientation, ethnic, or religious group. With its progressive nature, influential medical and community connections, this is the perfect platform for budding health care and community leaders.

Rosalyn

I would tell myself that higher education matters and not to wait too long to continue pursuing education. I would also tell myself to secure a supportive environment to lean on when times get tough and also to seek out resources for academic study. Know what your resources are like tutoring, library/media help, and learn about your classes, talk with other students, faculty. Don't be afraid to participate in class and share your ideas. Also, utilize the campus services such as employment resources because it will help with finances, tuition, books, etc. Explore campus life and really look into what your prospective college or university can offer you outside of academic life. Most importantly, be prepared to read, read, read and study, study, study! DON'T procrastinate! If you can complete an assignment early, get to it! Lastly, enjoy yourself...you'll never get these back, so mingle, make friends, and network. You never know which connections you make will last for a long time so cherish your friendships.

Someone who is motivated, collaborative, and seeks innovation in healthcare. The Health Profession degrees offered in this school require hard work, lots of studying, and needs someone who is dedicated to their profession in healthcare. Don't be afraid to think out of the box and offer your opinions, ideas, and suggestions on how you can affect change in Nursing. You need to be strong and form bonds with people that you can lean on. You will cry, laugh, and feel proud throughout your years , but in the end...when you make it, you WILL exhale!

Samuel Merritt University is a highly renowned, innovative health professions school that trains and educates high quality, efficient professional in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Elisa

My classmates are very diverse. I like that there is diversity amongst the school. My classmates are very friendly and supportive, when needed.

College has taught me the value of responsibility. Before entering college, I was a naive and careless student. I assumed that things will be easily handed to me; I did not know how to work hard, nor did I realize that my actions affected my grades. After all the trials and tribulations of entering college, I learned that through hard work and dedication, I can accomplish my academic goals and achieve a college degree. College has taught me self-motivation, which is extremeley valuable, not only in my academic career, but also as a person. Self-motivation is an indispensable quality that must be learned, it is not an innate talent that we are born with. Because of college, I have the opportunity to grow as a student, learn new things, utilize new strategies as a way of learning, and also make life-long friends. College has guided me towards the field of nursing; I want to dedicate my future career in helping others. I am able to take all this away from my college experience, and for that I am extremely grateful.

A student that works hard and is motivated should attend this school. The college is very demanding and it requires time for studying and completing coursework.

Carolyn

My school is best known for Health Sciences majors. It has an excellent reputation for graduating high caliber health care professionals and I am proud to be a part of it. I am receiving an excellent education and have just completed my first semester at this school. Samuel Merritt has an excellent reputation in accademics and the health care community.

I began my college career at the age of 51 and it has been the most challenging activity I have ever undertaken. In my college career, I have experienced many new and exciting things. I was a stay at home mom for almost 30 years, so the challenge of going back to school has been difficult, to say the least. My college experience has allowed me to grow in knowledge and understanding and has given me tools to think critically and maturely. It has been valuable for me to attend college because it has allowed me to have a broader view of myself and my abilities to contribute to society. As my college career progresses, I have become certain that the career path I have chosen is correct. I want to help others and give back to society, and my education will allow me to fulfill my dream!

There are several kinds of people who should not attend this school. First, the person who attends SMU should be hard working and conscientous as a student. The curriculum at Samuel Merritt is challenging and time consuming. Those individuals who do not possess critical thinking skills would be better off at another campus. The SMU student should be dedicated to his or her proposed profession.

Savanna

It's in an extremely urban setting, right in the heart of the city of Oakland. This adds to the enriching feel of the culturally diverse student base.

The advice that I would give myself could I go back in time would definitely be to stay focused, stay on track and go directly to college. Taking a year off between high school and college causes a person to lose momentum. This loss of forward progress could cause a person to become complacent and lose the motivation to attend college at all. During the "break" from school, life happens. This includes bills, marriage, and children. Once you go through this, it will be years before you are able to devote any time to yourself again. It is so much easier to be a "traditional" student than an "untraditional" one. Juggling school with a meaningful relationship with your husband and children is very challenging. It is best to live life the "right" way and attend school and graduate first. Attempting to live life backwards is a difficult task to accomplish.

Samuel Merritt University is extremely diverse. This allows for an enriching experience for students of all races and backgrounds. It's enlightening to have classmates from all walks of life share their life experiences.

Mary

Apply for as many grants and scholarships as possibe. College is not cheap, even if it as only community college. When looking for a college consider not only price, location, and degrees offered. Also consider the student life... what residence life is life, what clubs and activities are provided. In my experience, enjoying college is key to success. I am not talking about the party life, i am talking about how you can get involved. How you can contribute to the life of the college. Residence Life is a great place to start! Also consider services provided such as on-campus health care and counseling. Get a job on campus as soon as possible! Use tutoring and mentoring services. Consider class sizes! Make sure the college you are choosing is the right choice for you!

Samuel Merritt University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.