San Antonio, TX
San Antonio College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Antonio College

Wisper

Well, if I could go back in time and tell my past self-something related to the process of transitioning from high school to college. I would give advice telling myself about all the different locations on college campus. For example,the library where you could rent books for your classes, and where you happen to get your laptop fixed if it ends up crashing. Where to get the cheapest books, how to know beforehand, what specific books you will need for class. Instruct myself and probably make myself wright down how it is the right process to register and get the right classes at the right college and not online. Also, to not care what other people say about college, college is a wonderful experience, but to not do any of the other activities such as partying with your friends or boyfriend. To really focus on your school work because that is really all that matters, if you want to be a Registered Nurse and also travel the world. To also, follow your heart in difficult situation and not your mind, most of the time your head is wrong.

What it is that I consider the best thing about my school that they are very Comunity based. The people that come from the poor side of town the school pervides scholarships for. People who have dificult living situations with their parents or family members or freinds even, the school has built apartment's that are close and revelent. The school also runs funraisers for the homeless in the community. such as food drives and clothing drives and also perviods the homeless with shelter, so that they can have all the necessities for a healthy living.

The most fustrating thing about this college. Is the San Antionio Colleges website because everything is so electronic these days, the way that they have the webcite set up, is confusing. Like, if you are trying to summit classes that you would want to take that semester and also pay online and no one knows how to manipulate the webcite to work with you. Also the colleges website has it to where you can email your preffesors if something comes up. Well the problem with that is that professors do not awanser it.

Curtis

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself about how because there is nobody to regulate my time I must learn to manage my time better and ensure I that I do get the help I need if I am struggling in classes.

Any person who is not quite ready to go to a big university.

Joseph

Cautiously, I would face the timid liberal and begin; "Do not be idle young man, do not be frivolous, the work you have put in pales in comparison to what still must be done. Not simply regarding your studies, but your duties; as a citizen of the world. Your duties are to be learned; to be the accomplishment of a generation of immigrants. To be aware, to see on any side of this shrinking world that there is suffering. And to be active: this world is changed by timeless suffering, this world is far from perfect. Now the journey begins."

The worst thing about San Antonio College is institutionaly racist policies against our mostly black and latino demographic. Chairs of the college are turning the school into a trade school, with adjunct faculty and profiteers pushing Kubby principles. The department underminds our rich humanities department so they could require students to take a shameful "7 habits of highly effective people". The philosophy department is humorously understaffed and their monthly topical lectures are detested by the board. Our teachers disaprove of all that goes on, but are kept quite. Those in power shame us all.

Whenever I talk about San Antonio College I never fail to mention the character of our students. Both inside and outside the classroom, working class men and women of all ages and both sexes struggling to educate themselves. I consider it an honor to be in a class with ex-convicts, young mothers returning to school, and tradesmen who must adapt to survive. They have families to care for, dreams rekindled, and loved ones to succeed for. They contradict the Prestige, and defend the universal, everburning light of education. Changing the world with every underdog who enrolls.

Lindsay

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to follow what I really love and do not give into the pressures put on me by other people. I was always pressured into pursuing something in the medical field because of the money that it supplies in the long run and I wasted a semester and a half of college pursuing something I did not have a complete love for. I eventually realized that I needed to pursue what I love in order to be happy. Even though becoming a history teacher isn't going to put me in a mansion, it will make me so much more happier. I would also tell my senior self that I should take it easy and go to a community college instead of a University. I always thought that Community College was where people went who were not so smart or were going back to school. During my time in a University, I realized that Community College would prepare me for a University and would help with my financial issues so I transfered to a Community College.

The best thing about my school is that the professors try the hardest to get students to understand what they are teaching. Also, the school is not based off of frats and sororities so it makes me focus more on school than on a social area that I don't really need.

I think the professors and the administration at this school do not help students in the least most of the time. I always have the most problems with the financial aid department. They tend to either send out my refund too late or they get everything messed up where I have so many problems to fix. Most of the time, it is also hard to find the right people to fix any problem. Most people at the school do not help with problems and you have to find a specific person. It is just terrible.

Cori

They are all very friendly and eager to learn, most are willing to help each other out if we need it too.

I would tell myself to enter college with an open mind. High school is fun, but college is a completely different playing field. When you're handed that high school diploma, you're not just getting a certificate of completion, you're also getting a new sense of freedom. Although you will want to use all of that new freedom to hang out with friends or travel around, it is crucial to find a balance between work and play. Always keep your heart open in your duration at school. Don't be afraid to experience new things. Work hard, take risks and most importantly have fun!

I tell them about how my campus has a feel to it that's similair to a university's but the classes are much more intimate than that of a university's. It's the best of both worlds!

Selene

Ive learned to be more responsible, To manage time wisely, and to take education seriously. A high school diplima now in days isnt enough, and ofcourse having a degree doesnt assure a well set job, but at time its not about the money, its about knowledge. the more knowledge you have the more power, not in strenghth but more of mental power. call me silly but thats what i think.

the cost and education quality. the education quiality is remarkable. the price is fantastic.

Well This school is intended for all types of people. The school has various good programs that will lead up to being able to transfer into a big university. I can honestly say that this community college as well as the rest in San antonio are prehaps ment for thos with monitary issues thats why we choose a comminity college to finish our basics before spending the money on a univesity that would cost us way more.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself many words of advice. I would first tell myself not to stress out over the little things in life. This first year of college alone has taught me that as long as I try my best, everything will be just fine. I would tell myself that just because everything doesn't work out the way it may have been planned, the world will really not come to an end! I would also tell myself to focus on what I love. I recently switched my major to Early Childhood Education with Special Education from Business. I have learned that I should do something in life that will make me happy everyday rather than earn a wonderful salary in a miserable business, and not to do something if it doesn't fit me.

I really wouldn't consider anything about my school to be bad. It is a great place for people to recieve basic credits that are transferrable for a great price. I am very lucky to be able to atend this school for two semesters and save money before transferring next year.

The most frustrating thing about my current school is the close resemblance it has to a high school. I currently graduated from high school in 2009 and am attending a Community College for financial reasons. After taking advanced placement classes in high school, I was excited for the great challenge of college, however, my school isn't quite the challenge I was hoping for. The professors are incredibly knowledgable and helpful and the school is wonderful, I am just ready for a University.

mundir

I think there isn`t much that i could have said to myself. fortunatly, i have always been a good student, good at doing homework, great at researching any topic , respectful to my teachers and classmates. i believe that this makes it easier once u move to another level and other wold of education which is represented by the college life. i think if a person is used to challeges, and hard work, his or her path later will be easier.

San antonio college is a great college. it is considered good concerning students who want to achieve their assosiat degree, meaning that the college offers many degrees such as dental assisting, nursing...etc. also it offers many classes and prerequisites for poeple who wants to transfer to get the bachelors degree.

anyone who have the ability to learn and want to get a degree should attend this school

April

I take online classes. The students chat through our online class website. It is very sad to read submissions from other students who cannot spell, cannot type, and generally don't stop to review their comments before posting the replies. Also, I took full-time classes in 2002 on campus. The students were extremely shallow and it was like high school all over again. Generally, those students were not there to learn and it put enormous pressure on me, as a single parent with a part time job, to bear the total burden of group projects.

The most important advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to focus on setting goals for my education. When looking at schools, I gave up. I did not find a major I was interested in. I gave up. I would also say to not listen to my parents. Right about the time I was looking at schools my parents became embroiled in an ugly and bitter divorce. I was told point blank that there was no money for me to go to school. In 1992 there were not any online scholarship websites. The information was not forced upon us and I was too ignorant to know to ask. That is all I needed to become completely discouraged. So self, without any goals, much less clearly defined ones, you would become sidetracked and then end up as a single parent, depressed, and overworked with no time to pursue a degree. Do not give up! Your parents did not know anything about college, having never been themselves. It takes more than money to get what you want, but you have to know what it is you want! DO NOT GIVE UP!

Students who are only in college to have something to do or who are not serious should reevaluate their enrollment. I was not able to begin school right after graduation because of several mistakes I made during my last year of school. It has been such a hardship to provide for my family and take classes here and there. Perhaps I am too serious, but I struggle to do all I can and it pains me to see others who are l lackadaisical about life and school. If you are not serious and are lazy, you need not apply.

April

If I was able to talk to myself during my high school senior year, I would have said that ever with all the work and extra time that college demands, that it is something that is only going to help me later on. I have spent the last two years trying to figure out my major, and now that I have settled on Anthropology, I would have let myself know, saving two years of confusion and worry. However, that would only be a small part of the conversation, the main information I would have given myself is, college takes a lot of learning out of the class, and though there is help, most of the learning comes from your own time and determination. There is so many things that I would love to tell myself about the next two years, but I believe that the conversation about the time management would be the most useful to the high school version of me. With that information, I know that the transition into college would be even easier than before, and would save much unneeded worry.

I would have loved to known about the college community here at San Antonio College. I believed that this was going to be a hard endeavor which would only be the beginning of the flood of college stress. However, I am entering my last semester here and that has still failed to happen. The transition from high school to college was made much easier by everyone at SAC, from the students to staff. I would love to have not had those worries, and now with heading to a new campus, I know that I am ready for anything.

San Antonio College is a great place for anyone to get their foot in the door, from the student that is the first in their family to ever set foot on college ground, to the person that's family knows the college scene, but is having financial difficulties. The teachers and staff are all very helpful, and really love what they do. They will try to help anyone who might not know what to do or where to go. I am truly sorry that my time has ran out here, and hope that my next college is as memorable.

San Antonio College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.