San Antonio College

« See more reviews of San Antonio College

Dear Kristian, Everything is going to be alright. Take one day at a time and with each and every door you walk through wear a smile and say hello because "beautiful people say hello." Remember : "It's all about NETWORKING." You never know what the face behind the mask is capable of, or who your guide on the path to success is going to be. Surround yourself with positivity and prestige on a daily basis. Commit yourself to extracurricular activities that you are passionate about and stick to those commitments. Assume the role of leadership, this builds character and discipline. Remember: "It's all about TIME MANAGEMENT." With that being said, stop procrastinating, start applying for scholarships ASAP! Scholarships = Free $$$ for college! The more you learn, the more you earn. On the road to success, be sure to stop and celebrate your victories, no matter how small. Reward yourself and most importantly maintain both your grades and your health as well. Eat healthy, exercise and get some sleep! Occasionally you are going to have to pull all nighters, but don?t worry the 'A' will be worth every minute of it. Stay genuine, Kristian Browning

"High School Tobias, it's me. That is, it's you. No time to explain. Just listen. Yes, basketball is fun; sure, pretty girls are exciting; of course, money is nice; and, ok, video games are interesting. But focusing much on any or all of these things is going to eat away at your college preparation like rust on iron. These things are monumentally distracting you, subtracting time from your studies. But, more insidiously--as it took me years to realize--wantonly tossing so much of your attention at these aforementioned fancies, and basing so much of your self-value on them as you do, you have buried alive your own passion for academic achievement under the temporary infatuation and pursuit of ultimately perishable things. High School Tobias, do not pay attention to these distractions. Ignore them. They are smiling cancers. And above all, if you remember only one piece of advice from this undoubtedly unbelievable dream of a future and wiser you, care nothing for what everyone says is, by their words or actions, "cool". "Cool" will set you back a decade. And then you'll be writing a letter of advice, of pleading, to your high school self."

If I was allowed to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, there are several pieces of advice I would give myself. First, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. You can never have too much financial aid to assist you in college. Books, supplies, tuition, extra-curriculars, room, and board are becoming increasily expensive. Second, I would advise myself to take only as many classes as I could handle and not to overload myself. Every class is important and you must dedicated as much time as necessary to complete the work distributed by your professor. The more difficult the class the more time you must dedicate. In semesters where you have difficult classes, its a good idea not to take as many classes as you normally would. The last piece of advice I'd give myself is to make sure you know how to navigate the campus and be familiar with where your classes are before the first day of class. This prevents any embarrassment from being late on the first day of class.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making that transition, the advice I would have given myself in high school would be, to have a focus and plan ahead. I now realize that without a focus limited amounts of progress are made. While with a focus it's easier to measure your progress and visualize the goal. It is beneficial to have a goal, but to also have a plan to get there. The plan you created may not always work out the way you wanted, but at least you have a foundation. Then if that plan does not succeed, you should always have an alternative. The three main components for success are Vision+ Action+ Faith= Success. The components are different for every person, but generally having a vision, taking action to get there, and believing in that vision will bring you closer to it. Whereas, relying on faith alone will not bring you any closer to your goal. That is where I went wrong because, I believed everything would just happen for me, without action or planning. Overall, it's better to have a plan and a direction, then to choice a direction and have no plan.

Dear Self, Wake up and start moving! Just because graduation is months away does not mean your off the hook yet, you still have college to worry about. Get out of your slack off elective classes and join some duel credit classes. Also join anatomy, after all your going to need it since your going to be a veterinarian. Challenge yourself, go the extra mile. You'll have a whole summer to yourself to do nothing, do nothing then. Don't forget to fill out your FAFSA, oh and sign up for grants and scholarships. They come in handy when mom's too broke to help you out. Don't just think tuition either, take into consideration that some of your textbooks cost more then your class. Please work hard and stay focused. Make sure you have as little worries as possible when your first college semester starts. Believe me, you'll have more worries when the lessons start. Be prepared and don't take the easy road out. You have a long road ahead of you so make it as comfortable as possible by preparing yourself for it. Remember you can never be too prepared! Good Luck.

When I was in high school, I was enjoying my life and having fun. If I could go back in time, I would do things diferently and this is my advise to a young student today. First , start preparing and exploring career paths when you are in Jr. High. Elective classes were made for that purpose, to explore. Second, take the harder classes and the AP classes. Sure, they are harder, but then you get them out of the way and when you get o college you can focuse on what you love. Besides, when you are in high school, you don't have many responsabilities and worries. Once you are in college, you have to pay rent, tuition, books, etc. therefore you need a job on top of the hard classes. Finally, be disciplined about everything including studying. If you are disciplined in high school, you still have time for friends and fun and when you get to college, the transition will be much easier. If you are used to having a disciplined life, you won't have to miss out on anything, you will be able to keep your grades up, and your college experience will be complete.

Well hello, it's wonderful to see you again Lil. You seem to be ready for college, aren't you? Or at least you think you are. There are a few things you should know about college and the huge difference as compared to high school. Lil you have to learn to manage you time in every way possible. By this I mean, buy a planner and write every class you have, tests, final exams and anything you have to work around. Take advantage of every free moment to study, prepare, read your textbooks, and organize your notes. These notes will help you on your finals and exams between then. Set your prorities, remember college has to come before parties and gatherings. You should also be positive in everything. A good attitude will help you reach your goal and reach for the stars. In college remember that you are an adult and have to be responsible for your work and time. You don't have a babysitter reminding you to turn in your work and study. It is do or die in college and you want to earn your degree and go on to find a great career. Good luck!

After attending a year of college, i discover lots of amazing things. From the campus and the student body, I was able to see other side of life. People who have the same desire and ambition like myself. I would teel myself that college is way different that you could image. College experince reakky changes the way you think and act with others. the networks that you build in college can go a long way in life. The feeling of accomplishing a goal is something you can only feel in college. Walking everyday in front of the building and knowing that one day you will have your diploma is something that not that many people can say. Going to college is where your mind is set free. Becoming the first member of your family to gradute is very unique. The feeling of knowing that everyone in your family, friends, and people you meet tat all of them are proud of you is a great feeling to have. So go to college and experince something that not many can say the have. Earn good grade so you can get scholarships for your tution and other college materials.

If I could go back in time to give advice to my high school senior self, I would definitely tell myself to make studying a habit. I would tell myself to read more books to train myself for the ample reading assignments I will recieve in the future. I would also tell my highschool self to branch out into making friends outside of school in order to reinforce some simple communcation skills such as self introduction. Expanding on communication, I would warn my highschool self of group projects and let him know to make sure everybody does their fair share of work. My highschool self would be told to make sure that I ask questions and ask the teacher for help that way, later on, I would feel the need to visit my professor in their office hours. Overall, I think I would make sure to tip my highschool self off to developmental skills that I would use indefinitely, making sure that I can function on my own as a student and be able to collaborate with others or simply ask for help. This is the advice that I would give to my old highschool self.

In high school I was careless about my work to say the least. I spent most of my time skipping class and hanging out with my friends while my grades suffered severely. My senior year I withdrew myself first semester after deciding that graduating would take too much effort. The second semester I decided to go to a non-traditional high school to make up the rest of my credits. I ended up completing my degree plan with the bare minimum necessary to graduate. If I could go back in time I would tell myself that high school really does effect the rest of your life immensely. After seeing all my friends go away to college and succeeding it made me want that for myself because I knew if I had made more of an effort I would be applying to colleges and obtaining scholarships instead of doing the same coursework over again due to non-credit. The most important thing I've learned in college is that going to school is a privilege not an obligation and with hard work come life-long benefits. Going to college is the best decision I've ever made.