San Bernardino, CA
San Bernardino Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Bernardino Valley College

Charles

From my experience, Valley College is a pretty good campus. Assistant-wise, there is an easy access to assistance for writing assignments. The professors are mostly really nice and they also tough when they need to be. The faculty tends to be pretty responsive. I've had some issues with the counseling department. Make sure to double or triple check the education plan they give you. There are hardly any trouble-making students. However, the extracurricular activities and clubs are lacking, in my opinion. Sometimes, the classes you want or need to take aren't available when registering for them. Overall, the environment is pretty welcoming and I would recommend anyone to go there when they're first starting out college.

Jesael

So far, as I can see, San Bernardino Valley College seems to be a mixed bag experience for the most part for me. The faculty seems nice enough when I see them face to face. The other students are fine, for the most part, and it was smooth for my first day. However, fixing my financial aid situation was unnecessarily complicated than it should've been with this school.

eduardo

Overall still to this day I belive I was a great sudent in high school, and I did eerything correctly grade wise, but if i could tell myself one thing it would be too look for more scholarships for more money, because it's hard not having a car to go to school, plus food, and expencess like a cell phone and a place to live etc. is really expencive. Another suggestion i would have givein myself is being good with money management, and only spend on needs, because that would have benefited me later on.

The kind of person that should not attend San Bernardino Valley College would be the person that is not so commited into their studies and does not take their education seriously at all.

What I mostly brang about San bernardino Valley College is that how great is it to have free bus transportation. For me thats everything because i would not be going to school due to transportation, and for that i am very thankful to Valley College. Another reason why valley is great is definatly my business professor. His name is Mr. Assumma, he is such a great intructor with so much wisdom and experience i love going to his class it makes my day learning about business in the way that he teaches really is priceless.

Jose

My classmates are diverse and grounded individuals whom persevere to become the collective; positively affecting humanity and making it whole.

Considering that I dropped out of high school, If I could go back in time, I would smash the beer in my younger self's hand and flick the cigarrette out of his mouth. I would grab him by the ear and tell him to grow up, and to be the man his absent father never taught him to be. Torn between wanting to punch him and hug him, I would suprisingly choose neither. Instead I would make fun of his torn skinny jeans, small striped shirt and dirty long hair. I would possibly even make a remark about his girlfriend. After a moment I would take him by the neck, the way a father might, and kiss him on the forehead. With a soft ache in my heart, I would tell him to let go of all the pain and anger. To forgive those who have hurt him. I would tell him that he is not a mistake, a bad kid or stupid. l'd wipe a warm tear from his deep and heavy eyes, holding it on the tip of my finger, and promise him not one is in vain. I'd tell him I believed in him.

I consider the instructors to be the pinnacle of my school, and their genuine compassion for students vital to academic success. A considerable number of students come from low income households and are first generation college students, in desperate need of guidance and encouragement. The instructors accomodate that need and break a generational cycle of poverty.

David

Overwhelmed by under producing local public schools and underfunded in terms of being competitive.

Being in a impoverished area.

Nothing is going to determine your fate, quality of life for yourself and family, or instill in you the ability to withstand setbacks or injustice the way a quality, well-earned education can. It remains the lone possession, once acquired, which cannot be taken from you. Things seem far off and four years a long time, but tomorrow arrives whether you have bothered to prepare for it or not. In not preparing for the future, a conscious decision is being made: deciding to do nothing to ready yourself is still a decision. By placing your fortunes with the wind and hoping the wind is not cruel, unknown, unimaginable trouble is welcomed. No destination is guaranteed by an education, but the pitfalls, detours, and unseen obsticles which turn life in directions we would rather not venture, are fueled by a lack of education. Only through sustained and committed effort is life altered for the better. Fear of failure in school will pale by comparison to the fear of not being able to make it in the world, of not being able to find work, income or a place to live. Let yourself stretch and remain malliable of mind; grow.

Daniel

A great way to start one's higher education in their community.

A great way to start one's higher education in their community.

Most Mexicans come, but never graduate because they can't speak English well. However, it's the stereotypes of us Mexicans that make us strive for more.

A diverse community that accepts all.

Kelonie

I Would tell myself "Make sure you work harder kelonie, next year we have alot of responsibilities coming our way. Keep your grades up and stay motivated. We always wanted this, so now mentally and physically prepare yourself. Make sure you save save money, college is expensive. Make sure you know exactly it is that you want to major in, but most of all, make sure you keep your self healthy. This means getting adequate amounts of sleep, eating the right things and staying fit ! "

I wish I would have known the type of commitment thta is required.

A procastinator should not attend this school. ......

Celina

Dear past Celina, this is your future self. I came to give you advice about college. While in college attend all dorm events so that you can meet more people. Talk to people in lecture halls so that you can have friends that can help you with assignments that you do not understand. When things get tough do not give up. Go to free tutoring that the school offers. Participate in more school events so that you can have an enjoyable college experience that you can one day tell your children. Come up with multiple study games that you can use to study for exams. Work hard and make a homework schedule so you do not forget to do assignments. Lastly, enoy yourself.

Someone who likes smaller classes where it may be easier to get help with school should attend San Bernardino Valley college. If money is tight at home it would be beneficial to go to school here.

Someone who wants to live on campus should not go here because there are no on campus housing units. One should not attend this school if they like big campuses. Also, one wants more options of degrees available they should attend a University.

Yesenia

My school is full of mature students of different ages.

My school is full of mature students of different ages.

My school is best known for its diversity in enrolled students and for the many Associates Awards being given each year.

If i could go back in time, i would tell myself to try harder academically and to be more involved in activities. These things will help when applying to colleges.

John

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not worry about what anyone else thinks, rely only on yourself, and don't get distracted. If things were more clear to me before I jumped into ITT one month after high school, I would not have struggled 11 years of hard labor just to come back to school to do what I should have all those years ago. I would tell myself to be more patient and not rush off to the first opportunity that knocks at the door. No, insted I would preach of patience until it sunk in.

What classes I needed to transfer. By the time I found out what classes to take, I was already in my 2nd semester

The counselors only seem concerned with getting through the day instead of helping students. You are on your own with finding the right help. Waiting at the financial aid line is a close second.

San Bernardino Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.