San Bernardino, CA
San Bernardino Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Bernardino Valley College

David

Overwhelmed by under producing local public schools and underfunded in terms of being competitive.

Being in a impoverished area.

Nothing is going to determine your fate, quality of life for yourself and family, or instill in you the ability to withstand setbacks or injustice the way a quality, well-earned education can. It remains the lone possession, once acquired, which cannot be taken from you. Things seem far off and four years a long time, but tomorrow arrives whether you have bothered to prepare for it or not. In not preparing for the future, a conscious decision is being made: deciding to do nothing to ready yourself is still a decision. By placing your fortunes with the wind and hoping the wind is not cruel, unknown, unimaginable trouble is welcomed. No destination is guaranteed by an education, but the pitfalls, detours, and unseen obsticles which turn life in directions we would rather not venture, are fueled by a lack of education. Only through sustained and committed effort is life altered for the better. Fear of failure in school will pale by comparison to the fear of not being able to make it in the world, of not being able to find work, income or a place to live. Let yourself stretch and remain malliable of mind; grow.

Daniel

A great way to start one's higher education in their community.

A great way to start one's higher education in their community.

Most Mexicans come, but never graduate because they can't speak English well. However, it's the stereotypes of us Mexicans that make us strive for more.

A diverse community that accepts all.

Kelonie

A procastinator should not attend this school. ......

A procastinator should not attend this school. ......

I wish I would have known the type of commitment thta is required.

I Would tell myself "Make sure you work harder kelonie, next year we have alot of responsibilities coming our way. Keep your grades up and stay motivated. We always wanted this, so now mentally and physically prepare yourself. Make sure you save save money, college is expensive. Make sure you know exactly it is that you want to major in, but most of all, make sure you keep your self healthy. This means getting adequate amounts of sleep, eating the right things and staying fit ! "

Celina

Dear past Celina, this is your future self. I came to give you advice about college. While in college attend all dorm events so that you can meet more people. Talk to people in lecture halls so that you can have friends that can help you with assignments that you do not understand. When things get tough do not give up. Go to free tutoring that the school offers. Participate in more school events so that you can have an enjoyable college experience that you can one day tell your children. Come up with multiple study games that you can use to study for exams. Work hard and make a homework schedule so you do not forget to do assignments. Lastly, enoy yourself.

Someone who likes smaller classes where it may be easier to get help with school should attend San Bernardino Valley college. If money is tight at home it would be beneficial to go to school here.

Someone who wants to live on campus should not go here because there are no on campus housing units. One should not attend this school if they like big campuses. Also, one wants more options of degrees available they should attend a University.

Yesenia

My school is full of mature students of different ages.

My school is full of mature students of different ages.

My school is best known for its diversity in enrolled students and for the many Associates Awards being given each year.

If i could go back in time, i would tell myself to try harder academically and to be more involved in activities. These things will help when applying to colleges.

John

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not worry about what anyone else thinks, rely only on yourself, and don't get distracted. If things were more clear to me before I jumped into ITT one month after high school, I would not have struggled 11 years of hard labor just to come back to school to do what I should have all those years ago. I would tell myself to be more patient and not rush off to the first opportunity that knocks at the door. No, insted I would preach of patience until it sunk in.

What classes I needed to transfer. By the time I found out what classes to take, I was already in my 2nd semester

The counselors only seem concerned with getting through the day instead of helping students. You are on your own with finding the right help. Waiting at the financial aid line is a close second.

Maria

I would advice myself as a high school senior that it is important to finish math courses with good grades, for this would avoid taking further math classes in college. I would have definitely have told myself in high school that communicating and having a good relationship with my school counselor would help to guide me to an easier pathway, therefore advising me of the indefinite scholarships and grants that where available to me. This would have given me an opportunity for a free ride to any college or university of my liking. If I would of had the knowledge as a senior in high school that I now acquire, I would have strived to go directly to college after graduating. Overall, as a high school senior I would have told myself that education should be my first priority because it is the key to a successful career in life.

I brag to my friends of how my community college offers a nursing program that has a prestigious reputation , therefore making our school as one of the top ten in California. I also brag about our great instructors' that are knowledgeable and helpful and how they make a difference in our college and the community. My bragging about San Bernardino Valley College is outrageous that I carry with me school catalogs every semester to share with my friends about the awesome classes that are offered.

My classmates are wonderful diversed individuals that have a mind of their own and carry themselves in a respectful well manner.

First and foremost I wish in highschool I would have completed some college courses before attending as a freshman. I also would have applied for scholarships and grants earlier. It was not until recently that I realized I needed to be in school. I took some time off after highschool and I have regretted every day. If I had known what a great experience this school has been I would have never left!

My school, San Bernardino Valley College, has an outstanding nursing program! I am very proud of this reputation, because I will be applying for their program in 2 years, knowing I will recieve a great education in nursing. In addition, my school has a great group of teachers. I have had few problems with any of my instructors, it truly seems that they care about their students and want them to do well in each class. Also, Valley has a wonderful library, it is kept very clean and peaceful for students to focus on their homework.

Dear "Self," College is freedom, freedom to choose your path, and to open windows you never thought existed. With a degree comes respect, and options. You can see the world, you can rise from ignorance and you can make a difference in the world around you. Since you were a freshman in highschool you have wanted to be a nurse so that you can help others and travel the world. That is what you were meant to do, you are one of the few that always knew what they wanted. So I know that your sick of school and cannot wait for a break, but do not follow your friends for the next two years waisting time. I know it seems like a lot of work, and it is, but you were meant to do this and your going to be good at it. So get organized and buckle down, because you will regret it if you miss your chance. Have fun and don't stop you will soon realize that all that work pays off.

Brenda

The best advice I would be able to give is to be careful with their timing. Time is our most important asset. Make sure you make enough time to study, take a test, talk to your teachers, and submit your college applications. If you learn how to manage your time everything will be a lot quicker and easier. Do not put to waste the most important thing in life, time.

My school is best known for its diversity.

Gordon

An exceptional community college going through a new stage of growth for the betterment of the student body, and the advancement of learning.

if I could travel back in time and talk to myself about what college life would really be like, I would first off is a to be the concentrate more on English and my writing abilities. I would also tell myself to stay focused on the academics, and go a little easier on the social activities outside academia. I would also tell myself that joining the U.S. Navy would be an excellent idea, but only after completing my bachelors program at the University.

One of the best things about Valley College would be the faculty and staff. Faculty always seems to care more about the student's academics , and always puts a student first.

San Bernardino Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.