San Bernardino, CA
San Bernardino Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Bernardino Valley College

Michelle

Due to certain circumstances, I found myself in San Bernardino Valley College, but now that I know how college life is, I would have tried harder to overcome the circumstances in order to be better prepared for college life. I got away many times in high school by not reading the textbooks, but now I know it is absolutely essential to read the material beforehand for a comprehensive understanding in the class. In high school, I was very individualistic, accomplishing most, if not all, of my tasks on my own; in college, teamwork is crucial. Not to say I was antisocial in high school, just that the material was easier and I had no immediate need for study groups. In college, sometimes the material isn't clear, and within one's study group, other students can help clarify the material. Also, study groups provide support with classes. The most important thing, however, that I would also advise myself is to view the community college with an open mind. I did not like the community college status at first, and had a difficult time adjusting. Once I improved my perception, my college experience improved, as did everything else.

Intelligent, dedicated, motivated, cooperative individuals should attend this school, as the classes are to prepare one for transfer. A person that does not have any future goals of employing the information gained in the courses should not attend this school. Almost everyone has the goal of transferring; other individuals may be taking a class for fun and for acquiring extra knowledge, which is fine as well. The individuals that have no future goals, however, and do not know why they are studying should not attend this school; they provide many distractions to the class as a whole.

Classmates are varied, depending on which class one is taking. Overall, most students lead very busy lives. Students in one's night class usually are arriving from work, while students in morning or afternoon classes are taking the class in order to spend time with their families in the afternoon (or in order to work in the evening).The start of the semester is awkward, because one does not know who goes and who stays; it is after the drop date that one becomes friends with the smarter, more dedicated individuals.

steve

Stay in high school and finish the time need to complte all class. Do not make amove with out think about the future and what could happen.

The worst think about going to school is the fact of manage time and money. Make time beteewn work , family, and school is the hardest part.

A person who wants to laern and get an eduction. Some one who will not waste time in class. Some one who wants to achive a dergree in some field of work.

Alan

The majority of the students that attend SBVC are way below average academically, therefore it is extremely easy to maintain a 4.0 GPA.

Alan, fight for what is right. Do not let anything hold you back or set you back. Make sure the counselors get you the classes you need. Get up to speed on the classes you need for your major while you are in high school so that you don't waste valuable time taking prerequisite classes for four semesters. You should become involved in as many groups and activities as possible without affecting your grades. Maintain a 4.0 GPA and if you need help achieving that, then get help. You can do whatever you set your mind to do. Examine society and go make your mark.

Zachary

If i were to go back in time in order to prepare myself for the world that would be to come, i would prepare the senior me by telling him that even though everything does not turn out as planned, it will all come together and work out to your benefit in the end. The best thing that one can do, is to "Never, Never give up." Don't go insane if you decide that you have to change your major, instead, look at is as though another door has opened, and the previous one has simply closed. It does not mean the end of the world! Also i would make sure that i clarified, that keeping in touch with friends is very important, and you should make sure that they know that you are alive. Remember the words of Walt Disney - We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

I believe that any kind of person should attend this school, including people that are trying to get their lives on track, and people that have everything planned out. These people would have a cheaper education, and know that they are getting a better education, rather than no education at all.

San Bernardino Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.