San Bernardino Valley College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for San Bernardino Valley College

Alicia

It's a nice campus with great professors overall. I usually keep to myself so I don't really know much about social activities and clubs on campus. Although I have never been, I know there are occasional movie nights in the library viewing room. My classmates have been kind and easy to get along with so far.

Justice

This school has taught me various styles of learning such as, online, in class, visual and hands on. There are several teachers and all of them teach very differently. So, I learned how to cope with different teaching techniques. Although, I have been lucky to have found very good professors others are not so lucky because I am aware some teachers only show up for a check and doesn't really concern themselves with the well-being of their students.

Delia

I think it is a good community college to enroll in. The staff are willing to help out students to register to classes and to sure they are on the right path to graduate. Although, they don't inform you with ALL the information you need, you are entitled to to talk to the staff and ask, and they'll be sure to provide you with much help as they can.

Shaniya

I genuinely love San Bernardino Valley College. I will be graduating with my AA this upcoming May and I wouldn't have wanted to attend anywhere else. When I first enrolled at Valley I was shocked at how involved and caring the counselors and professors were. They really care about your success and will stay after hours to make sure you have all the information you need to thrive. The Professors are really passionate for their work and that makes the classes interesting and interactive.

Charles

From my experience, Valley College is a pretty good campus. Assistant-wise, there is an easy access to assistance for writing assignments. The professors are mostly really nice and they also tough when they need to be. The faculty tends to be pretty responsive. I've had some issues with the counseling department. Make sure to double or triple check the education plan they give you. There are hardly any trouble-making students. However, the extracurricular activities and clubs are lacking, in my opinion. Sometimes, the classes you want or need to take aren't available when registering for them. Overall, the environment is pretty welcoming and I would recommend anyone to go there when they're first starting out college.

Marcilena

When I first found out that I would be attending San Bernardino Valley College, I was a bit bummed. I had just graduated high school and all of my other friends moved to other states to attend massive Universities. I, on the other hand was not as fortunate. Suddenly, I found myself at SBVC not so enthusiastic about attending. I didn't think the school would be as amazing as it actually is! There are so many genuine people around campus. To add, there are always students, teachers, and staff who are ready to help when it is needed. Academically, this school is perfect for students looking to transition from the high school scene to the college life. Hence why it is perfect for me. I was and am able to use SBVC as a solid foundation for me to transfer to a 4-year institution. San Bernardino Valley College is absolutely affordable, offers a great education variety, and can be suitable for almost anyone. I definitely would recommend San Bernardino Valley College to many college-seeking-students!!

Jesael

So far, as I can see, San Bernardino Valley College seems to be a mixed bag experience for the most part for me. The faculty seems nice enough when I see them face to face. The other students are fine, for the most part, and it was smooth for my first day. However, fixing my financial aid situation was unnecessarily complicated than it should've been with this school.

Arleona

I think that SBVC is a great college to attend because it has so many opportunities and resources. The teachers and staff are always there to help. If you have a problem, they have a certain program or club for that. It is very diverse and is filled with different academic subjects. Overall, my experience has been amazing so far. The classes are difficult at times, but they have plenty of programs that will help with that,

MARK

If you would have asked me three years ago if I thought that in three years I would be writing to a college scholarship board for additional funding to help me continue on towards my goal of finishing out my Associates Degree and moving on towards my Bachelors and then on to my Masters, I would have laughed at you and asked you for some change. You see, three years ago, I was homeless and addicted to drugs and alcohol. Three years ago, I had no hope and was just literally “waiting to die”. Three years ago, I was contemplating suicide and in and out of psychiatric hospitals, until one day. That one day, I met a doctor that helped me understand that I had a chemical imbalance in my brain, and that she may be able to help me if I gave her a chance. As I had given up on everything else in my life, I had nothing to lose. I was diagnosed with a Bi-Polar and Schizophrenic disorder, and this illness was explained to me in a way that made sense. I was able to start on a new journey in my life with the help of a caring doctor and the belief in new ways to treat what I had been struggling with my entire life. Within weeks, I became more lucid, and life started to make sense again. My life started to matter again and the sky was blue again. I knew that if I could find this help, others could as well and that I owed it to those others that suffer these same ailments to reach out and help them as my doctor helped me. My goals are simple: keep studying, keep believing and keep helping. This is why I am continuing with my Associates, Bachelors and eventually a Masters or even a Doctorate, so I can pay my debt forward and help anyone that may ask it of me. I am currently studying here at San Bernardino Valley College to secure my general education requirements while completing my certificate in Substance Use Disorder Counseling. My final destination of a graduate degree in Psychology and Addiction Studies may be lofty, but I believe in my journey and I need you to believe in my journey as well. Your help with my financial needs by offering scholarship funding while I continue on towards additional Deans Honors, as I have received in each of my previous three semesters, will enable me to concentrate on being in the top of my class for the rest of my time here at Valley. As the governing committee of our scholarship board, you have the opportunity to help me fulfill my dream of becoming the best in my field and to help others in need. By providing me with additional funds through the scholarship foundation, you will enable me to keep moving forward with my education. I thank you in advance for your support in this endeavor, and please accept my promise to you to never stop striving for excellence. Sincerely, Mark E. Hinojos

Annie

I have been thrilled with my experience at Valley. It is a great option for fulfilling prerequisites, getting an Associates' degree, or completing one of the numerous certification programs (Pharmacy Technician, Welding, Automotive Technology). I have been very impressed with the professors, both their knowledge of the subject matter and how approachable they are. Class size is small, usually around 20 students, and I always feel comfortable asking questions in class and talking to professors. I have been very happy attending Valley and would highly recommend it.

Alexis

I believe that having a college in San Bernardino,CA. Is very honorable because, over the years San Bernardino has become bankrupt and full of poverty, and being able to still stand strong as a community and help college students attain a degree is a true blessing.

Quendeya

If your looking to continue your education but you don’t have the grades or financial means to attend a 4-year University after high school, then San Bernadino Valley College is the school for you. Education: I personally enrolled at Valley College because I didn’t have the grades to attend a 4-year straight out of high school, while enrolled I completed my General ED requirements, so I could transfer to a 4-year. The classes do not require students to be a genius, but they do require students to work hard. If you find yourself in a position where you need extra help the teachers are more than happy to help and provide excellent office hours. In case the one-on-one time with the teachers aren’t enough the school’s math and writing centers are a big help. Location: When people hear the name San Bernadino Valley College, they picture a raggedy school in the ghetto next to a liquor store. If that is what you were picturing, you will be happy to know the school is in a lively part of San Bernadino, with restaurants, a retail store and a gym all within walking distance of the school. Future students will be happy to know, that the school’s security team is excellent, to the point where certain guards offer to walk you to the front of the school if your nervous about walking alone at night. San Bernadino Valley College may not have been my first choice, but it was my smartest choice

Joanna

All the professors I've had are great! Communication is a definite key to success, throughout my classes I have learned new things that I find interesting, and I've discovered new ways to study and interact with my peers as well as speaking and group studying the material we're learning. My overall rating is not 2 stars, it's 4!

Julia

The campus is very clean, the staff and faulty are kind. Everything is accessible, there are stores a restaurants nearby. The programs there are wonderful. Counselors care for the students and know how to assist them. Everything is organized. The library is big and clean.

AmberMarie

It is a good school to start of with before a transfer. Class sizes are small, so major teachers get to know you well! Office hours may vary and so will the quality of teachers though. Take classes during the day if possible. It is NOT a safe neighborhood!!

Rose

I had no other options with this school, but I am grateful for the opportunity to attend. They didn’t necessarily have to open up their campus for us, but still did. People are never too pushy about my age and seem used to the idea of protégés. I’m very excited to put this school on my alma mater.

samuel

San Bernardino valley college is the first college I plan on attending

Anthony

It might not be a top tier university, but San Bernardino Valley College can help get people places. It’s a junior college with some of the best education in the San Bernardino area, and it’s very affordable. The school offers a variety of classes and extracurricular activities with a really great staff. There are also methods to help one afford their education if they cannot. San Bernardino Valley College is an amazing school with an excellent staff and affordable education.

Karina

the college in academics is great the professors are always accessible whether it be after class or during office hours I personally am not into the social aspect if the college I just go to class and leave but theres always things to do, and student life is great about helping in anything from completing fafsa to taxes and tutoring

Naeli

I am apart of the Middle College program, so I am a high school student attending college with a bunch of adults. It sounds like a little too much to handle, but I have received so much support here from the teachers, other students, and various other tutoring centers on campus. Additionally, although our city receives a bad reputation, I have never felt unsafe on this campus.

Natassia Nicole

I think that San Bernardino valley college is a great school. Great school for someone starting out trying to figure out their life. I think it’s a great place to make friends over all. Teachers there are very helpful and work with you to do well. The vibe helps you get motivated to keep going.

Irene

my over all opinions about my school is fairly good but security has to take charge of the kids who smoke a lot on campus and hide in certain places around campus to smoke weed and they have to take action on the bullying on school campus because some students are being affected but chose not to speak on there behalf

Cristal

im just a visitor don't know anything about the school

Teresa

I believe Valley College is a great junior College to start at. They have a lot of programs to assist the students. They have a wonderful variety of morning classes, and parking is super easy. They have good free spots in the front of the school. So your able to get to any class within a few minutes. I really enjoy being around all the positive faculty members. Overall, I feel that me being at Valley is a great stepping stone for whats to come in the future.

Fernando

My overall opinion of San Bernardino Valley College is it does have its flaws, but it is a great community college. The professors that I have had so far are all great. They provide great detail in the syllabus and in their course material. They care about their students and want to help them succeed. Many professors from other schools do not care about the students. But the professors at valley do care and it shows just by how they teach because they seem so genuine. Also, because they will always do their office hours and not many students go so if one goes the student can stay as long as they like or when the professor has to leave because they teach many classes. The professors will do anything to help someone so they will not fail the class. The professors are great well the ones I have had so far. The staff is okay because sometimes they can be a bit rude like the financial aid staff or admissions and records. When I would go to financial aid office, they would always have a face like they were not in the mood and they would have attitude for no reason, and they would talk slow like if we didn’t understand. Not all financial aid staff are rude there some very sweet kind people. The admissions and records are the same way as financial aid. But they are the ones teaching so it shouldn’t really matter because as long as the professors are great that is what matters. Creating a bond is very important and they will do that so they could be mentors.