San Diego, CA
San Diego Mesa College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Diego Mesa College

Gianna

I was not originally planning to attend SD Mesa College before I went on to finish my BA at a four-year university, however, it was truly a blessing and an honor to be a student there. It allowed me to complete half of my education in a healthy learning environment with low tuition bills. I am so thankful for my year at Mesa, I honestly wish I could go back and get more involved in some of the campus clubs! I miss the nice classrooms and the very approachable, relatable, and wonderful professors. Honestly, the four-year school that I'm attending now can't even compare to Mesa!

Amaranta Monserrat

All of those who strive to be the best at their classes are highly noticed by the faculty. For those taking the services provided at school seriously and doing their best in their classes, they make mesa all the better.

All kinds of students from all over san diego! Diversity all around is beautiful!

Drake

Describing my four years of high school as a roller-coaster ride would be an understatement. I learned so much about what it takes to be a good student as time went on, but my senior year could have been better if I had known then what I know now. The work that someone puts in during high school, especially during senior year, prepares that person for the next level in our educational life, which is college. The advice I would give myself as a high school senior is: to be successful in college, you need a good foundation, such as developing good study habits, remembering what you have learned in high school, and take that with you to college. As a college freshman, I know what it means to make sacrifices and commit to learning as much as I can. In order to do so, discipline and determination is very important. If you stay focused on learning, and remain committed, you will be on your way to a successful college experience, and also a successful life ahead. Give your best effort; it will all be worth it when you finish college and embark on the career of your dreams!

The school needs to provide more orientation to first time freshmen.

A person who is committed to his or her education and is looking to start slow with a college education should attend Mesa.

alexandra

I would advice myself that scholarships are very important. Apply for scholarships and save your money because college is expensive. But after you graduate, it's all worth it. Don't apply to colleges that your friends are attending because that is not always in your best instrest. Enjoy senior year. Don't take your high school education for granted. Be thankful for all your teachers and the great ampount of help you get. You can become very close to some teachers. They are the ones that guide you through the entire year. In college you have help, but sometimes its uncomfortable because you don't have the same relationship.

A person that doesn't want to continue their education and explore a new school with different people shouldn't atten this school.

I brag about how flexible your class schedule can be. Also the great amount of help that is avaliable for you in tutoring and counseling to guide you through the school years.

Breanna

For years I have wished that I could go back and giving an inspiring pep talk to that senior in high school getting ready to make some 'choice' decisions regarding her education. I would start by saying that it is more than okay to start your education in community college to save money, but be sure to make the absolute most of it, choose electives wisely and prepare a college plan early so that you can transfer in two years. The most important lesson I would give myself, though, would be to grow in Love early on. Love, I have realized, is the key to being a successful student, worker, and overall individual. Learn to love, instead of loathe, your coursework. Love your job and all the opportunities that it affords you. I would tell myself that being overwhelmed is the ultimate strengthening course of life and that each step of the education process can be an empowering journey and should be treated as such. Most importantly I would tell myself to love and be gentle, not only with those around you, but with yourself. Life and college are exactly what you make it, so make it count.

I would consider the professors the best thing about my school. I have had some incredibly intelligent teachers who take their jobs very seriously, and I definitely appreciate that. I love being academically and my current teachers all challenge me on an intellectual level. I feel this is preparing me for my transfer to SDSU and the possible intensity of the professors at the university level.

I have yet to have a frustrating experience. They have remodeled, so the campus is beautiful, and registering for classes and financial aid has all been relatively easy by my account. I have no negative things to say.

Brandon

The students at San Diego Mesa College are a great influence, ive met a couple good friends here who have influenced me to try and do my best. Whenever i find myself struggling to understand the material i turn to my friends in class and see how they interpret the material. Even when i feel like giving up they encourage me to stop and take a breather before i think of quiting. The students here are great, they come from all over the place and its cool to hear their stories and the struggles that theyve endured.

Amy

The perfect school for a student who is looking to transfer to a 4 year university.

I would tell my 18 year old self that the opportunity to go to school and work towards your goals is incredibly valuable. You are about to enter a very important chapter in your life - keep your head on straight. I am a single mother to a 5 year old girl, Jayden, who looks up to me for any and everything. The advice that I would give Jayden and myself 5 years ago - always set goals. Set them high and achieve them. No matter what obstacles come your way thrive to be the best you can be. Without a degree or work experience, it was very difficult to find a job that paid enough to support myself and my child. This is why I am so eager to continue my education and obtain a degree. I know that money is not the most important thing, but I often dream about a life without struggle and I know that getting my education is one of the only things left for me to do to get myself there. With this award I will be able to acheive my goals and learn more about what I am passionate about.

A student who is interested in obtaining a masters or docterates degree should not attend Mesa.

Tyler

Entitled, stuck-up, selfish, rude, exclusive, and extremely unmotivated.

Entitled, stuck-up, selfish, rude, exclusive, and extremely unmotivated.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to begin looking and applying for scholarships, and to have more realistic expectations about what I want to do with my future. I would tell myself that I need to take school more seriously, but that it's okay to have a little bit of rest and relaxation from time to time. I would tell myself not to worry about the workload; that it's not nearly as bad as everybody makes it seem to be. Most of all, I would tell myself that there's nothing to worry about; I'm going to be just fine.

I really like the quality of education that you can get for the price; since I don't make hardly any money, it's great to be able to have the opportunity to learn something for the little cash I have.

Amber

Dear younger me, Listen: You will go to college, and you will study theater. But not yet. When you finally leave that wretched minefield called "home" this summer, you'll take the first of many grueling minimum wage service jobs. You'll lose some of those jobs, you'll lose apartments, and with no family or safety net, you'll be homeless for months on end. You'll bounce from city to city. You'll eat a lot of dumpstered bagels, and walk miles in ragged shoes to stutter, "Are you hiring?" to pitying counter staff. Somewhere inside, a stubborn light will flicker. You'll be low, desperate, and humiliated. But not broken. At the magic age of 24, the gates of financial aid will swing open for you. Go to San Diego, for the hell of it. Throw yourself into your theater classes at Mesa. "It's only community college," others will sneer. But on the Mesa stage, you will find your voice. In 2014, you'll be accepted to a Directing BFA program in Chicago. You survived your home life, ok? You got this. No finances, no safety net, no time for self-doubt. Now, jump.

The flexibility to explore your interests. You can take classes in whatever you're interested in and figure out what you like before choosing a major.

Self-motivated people should attend Mesa. You need drive to make the most out of your time here. If you're not motivated, or say things like "it's just community college," it's easy to fall behind.

Ryan

My classmates are friendly, outgoing, eager to learn, ethnically diverse and supportive.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about college it would go something like this: "Ryan, listen to me. I know you come from a family that cannot afford to send you to college and you don't feel like you're ready for it anyways. That's okay. Go through with your decision to join the Marines. The experiences and friendships you will gain will be invaluable. You will discover who you are and grow into becoming a man. But when you get out of the Marines you need to have a plan. Follow your passion for fitness and go to school right away. Pursue a degree in kinesiology and become a strength and conditioning coach. Don't wait because if you do you will be 30 years old by the time you graduate and unhappy with where you are in life. Be ambitious, work hard, get straight A's like I know you are capable of doing and go after your goals with everything you've got. Success doesn't come to those who wait, it comes to those who go after it. So go after it!"

I don't feel that there is any type of person that should not attend this school.

San Diego Mesa College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.