San Diego Mesa College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for San Diego Mesa College

Marris

San Diego Mesa College is a great community college to attend. The atmosphere at this school is really great and people are extremely nice and outgoing here compared to other community colleges. The professors here are just as nice and sometimes even funny. The cafeteria is pretty large and kept clean, just like the bathrooms. Every one here is helpful and I enjoy my time here. If you're looking for a community college to attend I would recommend this one. The only downside is that parking can be pretty hectic at first.

Mariah

San Diego Mesa is a really amazing school that was a great stepping stone for State colleges. The small class sizes were easy to be seen and taught. The Professors are usually very helpful and often teach at San Diego State college as well. I felt very safe as there is a police station on campus.

Vesselina

Mesa College is such a diverse campus, with all the different majors it offers as a 2 year university! This school is the top of the pyramid in my eyes when it comes to Community Colleges. I strongly recommend this school to anyone seeking in furthering their education for their future.

Javier

San Diego Mesa College has been a great community college. However, it is just that, a community college. The teacher are great, they are always willing to help you and have plenty of office hours. However, the counselors do not always know what they are talking about. I would recommend doing your own research and academic planning if you want to transfer within two years. Over all, pleasant experience.

Gianna

I was not originally planning to attend SD Mesa College before I went on to finish my BA at a four-year university, however, it was truly a blessing and an honor to be a student there. It allowed me to complete half of my education in a healthy learning environment with low tuition bills. I am so thankful for my year at Mesa, I honestly wish I could go back and get more involved in some of the campus clubs! I miss the nice classrooms and the very approachable, relatable, and wonderful professors. Honestly, the four-year school that I'm attending now can't even compare to Mesa!

Catherine

It is a great school and has different kind or resources that us students benefit from if we are struggling. Counselors and professors are always able when a student needs help. I would not have chosen another school. Mesa was my first choice and I am glad it was.

JANA

San Diego Mesa College offers a vast variety of opportunities for their students, faculty, and staff. Since my first day here, I was welcomed with opened arms by not only professors, but strangers. We have a huge campus for being a community college but we have the most enrolled students at a community college in San Diego. Our campus is ranked #1 overall community college in San Diego because of our dedicated professors, clean and safe environments, thriving facilities, and hard working students. I am involved in multiple clubs at my school and enjoy taking advantage of the volunteer opportunities our campus offers. We are a smoke free campus and offer free tutoring so that there is no chance for sickness or failure at San Diego Mesa college. Overall, Though I was not too excited about going to a community college straight out of high school, I am thankful I got the privilege to receive an associates degree, make life-time friends, and learn through academic experience from an excellent school such as San Diego Mesa college.

Mercedez

It’s an amazing community college I truly recommend for anyone and everyone.

Daisy

San Diego Mesa College has an amazing campus and it is an extremely relaxed place. There are really nice people and the teachers are helpful. Many of the teachers are more relaxed and understand absences with valid excuses. I enjoy spending time on campus before school because it is very calm and people just do their own thing.

Andres

San Diego Mesa College is a community college, therefore it does not offer many of the services, such as housing, that a standard four year university offers. Class size is fairly small, considering that standard four year universities typically have over 200 students in lectures, it is hard to find a class that has more than 50 students. While the professors seem to be passionate about their work, it is hard to be completely passionate in an environment in which most students don't seem passionate. When speaking to other students one can see the hopes and aspirations they carry but it is hard to find many students that act upon their hopes and strive to fight for their careers. Therefore, although it is a great institution with a safe and friendly environment, I would recommend this school for economic or building character reasons but would not recommend for someone who is completely motivated on completing a certain major.

Jacob

Mesa College is very reliable and provides the necessary services that students look for when they are searching for a good community college. Although I am not a full-time student at this school, I very much like the atmosphere and the ambient that the school radiates. The professors are always friendly and the classes are extremely interesting. This school is a very good foundation for my future college career because I will have been able to get some experience before heading out to a prestigious university far away from my hometown. This school provides the necessary resources for students to succeed outside of the classroom as well. Overall, Mesa College is a great example of an American community college

Crisila

Since this is only a community college, is a good place to get some prerequisite done here to save money, They're slowly updating old rooms and buildings. They have a new Math and Science building. If all of your classes are all regarding those subjects, you'll find yourself staying in one building.

Kaya

San Diego Mesa is a great school. It has a convenient location, and lots of classes to choose from at all times of the day. There are so many FREE resources for the students which is very helpful. I enjoy going to school here and am sad that it is not a four year university.

jessica

San Diego Mesa College is the best community college that i have attended. Being a veteran, the resource center has plenty of events, gatherings, fund-raisers and volunteer opportunities. The Veteran Resource Center also has tutors regularly for multiple courses that you may be enrolled in. Do you want to touch up on some math or English? They will sit down with you and tutor you, regardless on the classes you are taking. The campus has four levels in the library center. Each level has something different for your needs in college. Sometimes professors will reserve books on the first floor for students to borrow textbooks for classes. This helps students who can't afford or don't wish to purchase textbooks in the semester. There are study rooms that you can rent out for free, as long as they are available. As usual, there is a level for both non-fiction and fiction books to borrow from the library. The library has printing and tutoring services on the third and forth floor. There are also classes in the library. Getting out of the library, there are three different Starbucks locations on campus. This is due to the massive size of the campus. This helps so much for each student due to the location of their classes. The professors are extremely helpful when it comes to courses and homework relating to. Parking in San Diego, CA is always a hassle, but if you arrive early enough or during lunch hours, you can find parking relatively easy and close to your classes. I love this campus. This is the third campus that I have attended in the SDCCD (San Diego City Community District) school system. Mesa campus has the largest parking areas and campus out of all three sites. This campus has the best community, too.

Jarol

My overall opinion about San Diego Mesa College is that it's a great community college. There's always an opportunity for everything no matter what you're majoring in. So far, I haven't had any trouble with my classes, transportation, professors, etc. The college isn't perfect of course, in my opinion I know the counseling system can be way better. I've had some minor problems in the past with certain counselors, but I'm sure for others it's something they can just brush off their shoulders. Overall, San Diego Mesa College is a great school and has helped me choose which career I want to go far within the first few months.

When I visited San Diego Mesa College, I took a tour and the tour guide really explained all the building and where every major would be studying at. The tour guide also let us know where we would be able to study during our breaks and where the best food spots were on campus. When I arrived at the school, I was in utter shock to see how beautiful the campus really is!

Olivia

Mesa is a great commuter college. I've loved it here over the two years I have been here. It has a great layout, easy to get around and find buildings. Professors are awesome and helpful. It's easy to make friends in class which to me, is important at a commuter school since we miss out on rooming/greek life. The only downside to Mesa is the parking. It can take quite a while to find a spot if you don't start first thing in the morning and it even causes some students to be late quite. Other than that Mesa as a whole is a great school. Plenty of places to study and beautiful campus.

Jordan

Mesa, as with most community colleges, doubles down on the college maxim that you get out what you put in. If you're willing to do the research and put in the work, you can take classes that are equivalent to classes at SDSU, UCSD, and USD, taught by professors that also teach or have taught at those schools, while paying a fraction of the cost in tuition (and often with much smaller class sizes).

Natale

San Diego Mesa College is for students who are unsure of where to go and they can start off with a great education with other students who are academically motivated to make a positive change and let their voices be heard. The staff are willing to help every student's needs and many opportunities that will benefit them.

Sumin

It's a good school where a lot of people prepare themselves before they transfer. However, some of staff members aren't very willing to help students when they have questions. They also feel inferiority. I assume it's because they have earned an undergraduate degree and some have even earned further degree and they are working at a small community college. So there are staff members that live under inferiority that they give out the negative vibes towards student or they are purposely being mean and underestimate students. For instance, they think "Even if I work at a community college, I have a PhD, know my stuff, and my class is as hard as it is at four year institutions. Also admission office staffs often just go home even if their office hours have not ended.

Betty

I love this campus honestly My friend takes late classes and sometime doesnt get out of class till 10pm they have emergency buttons and also police constantly patrolling making sure you are always safe. The campus has reasonable sized classes as well and there is many nearby cheap places to grab a bite to eat at lunch time. The staff is friendly and helpful I think for a community college it is by far the best one.

Alejandro

Mesa college is a campus on the up and up. They have done a lot of recent renovations and construction of new buildings. As a student who has seen the campus change over the few years I've attended it's amazing to see the campus future students will be able to enjoy. A new gym, new labs, and new common area all will lead to an overall better community college experience that will feel like a university, easing the transition for a lot of students who plan to transfer. Classes are great, teachers always make time for students, as they are their to TEACH, and not just there for research and studies. The only thing could do better on is student outreach and getting more students involved in the day to day campus activities.

Jessie

My overall opinion of San Diego Mesa College is that it is an amazing community college. I think community college gets a bad rap, but the professors, clubs, volunteer opportunities, etc., are without measure. I am so grateful that I started my college journey at Mesa because I built foundations for my academics and made relationships with faculty and students.

Karla

I like my college the facilities are amazing and the faculty are very nice. Teachers always maintain in communication with the students which is what I appreciate about the school. There is a lot of counseling which is great for students in order to progress in life , they help guide you which is also a great bonus. You never feel lost at Mesa College.

Joseph

I have been enrolled in San Diego Mesa College for abut 4 weeks now and the time I have been here has been exceptional. I love sports but also reading and finding resources to help me in my studies and San Diego Mesa College has provided that for me through their exceptional 4 story library with exceptional staff,librarians and tutors who help you with any of your needs fr classes you are taking. Also San Diego Mesa College has a beautiful stadium and a nice grass field that me and my friends play soccer in and play scrimmages with our coach. Also when the season starts the stadium and school show up to support the teams.

Kelvens

San Diego Mesa College is a community college is a fantastic institution in the Kearny Mesa Area of Linda Vista and it’s array of neighborhoods for which the San Diego Mesa Community College District has to offer. It has an excellent sports teams, fine excellent events and really important college transfers and job growth to earn a college diploma to focus on the aspects of achieving your academic curriculum of a college education and how it can build your character for the future.

Jose

I think it's a great school, Recently developing new buildings, Business classes have real businessmen and women. Prof. have office hours to meet with us, students. Tons of English tutoring in the library. Recent tech allows students to scan textbook pages to email the files to yourself or a friend in order for them to have the textbook digitally. Events that teach students about a variety of things. Recently went to one that taught us students about finances and they also fed us. The campus is great and filled with sports and has everyone playing during the morning and afternoon, you can see them as you walk into the campus or drive by at the upper side of the campus parking lot.

Jordan

Great school, especially if you are planning to transfer. The new buildings are beautiful and have great facilities, but the old ones need some work. However, there is a plan to create a new space with a grassy field area! I would warn that the counselors can get confused sometimes and frequent check-ins is a must to make sure you are taking the right classes. Classes are usually small in size, which is very helpful; you will most likely get to know your professor well. Getting to know your classmates can be more difficult. Community college is not necessarily conducive to socialization, since many students work. To help with that, there are many extracurriculars if you just look hard enough for them, but they can be tricky to pin down. Other than that, Mesa is a great school that has saved me thousands of dollars--I would highly recommend!

Natalie

It's the best community college in San Diego. Everyone is friendly and helpful, a lot of resources. I can tell changes are being made, such as new buildings and programs. It's great.

Isabella

I really enjoy the campus and my classes. There is a large variety of classes to attend. The campus feels safe and the food is good. There are events often that make me feel involved for a community college. I plan on attending until I get my Associates Degree and they are super helpful in getting me on track to attend the next college I want to attend.

gisselle

I strongly believe that Mesa College is a great campus of a post secondary education where you can grow and expand your knowledge. I also think that the people around are very friendly and helpful, and always willing to give a helping hand. Mesa college is a great option for continuing with further education.

Christina

The professors care about their students and want them to succeed. It is a good college to go to for those who are going back to school or those who work full-time because of their classroom times. If you want to go to a college that offers services outside of the academic life, such as Greek Life or Homecoming, this is not the college for you. It is a community college. You pay for to have an education, nothing more.

Katherien

Mesa College is a very outgoing school with so much diversity. Many students seem to be very excited to come to this campus, just like me. I personally feel that Mesa college provides whatever any student might need that is affecting their learning. Mesa College does its best to provide whatever they can. They really show that they care about you as a student and making sure they have everything that you need in order to consume your academic dream. I feel very safe with police just a call away and when they have night classes you see many security guards make sure your safety. I would say there is no another college I would go to or even retreat to attend because Mesa makes me feel like I can continue my education at ease without lacking anything or worry about my next meal since they provide food for those who come from a low-income state and don't have a place to live. They also provide workshops and clubs for you to better yourself and make sure you engage.

Peter

5 star rating, hands down! If you are looking to quickly advance your way into the healthcare field and ensure that you will receive adequate training, Pacific Health Education Center is the right place for you! The CNA program is top notch! Each cohort has a significantly high certification passing rate. My class past with 100%! This speaks highly of the dedicated staff and instructors.