San Diego State University Top Questions

San Diego State has an afforadable price of tuition considering everything it has to offer. For such a beautiful campus, great learning environment, and living so close to the beach, it was the best place I got in to at the best price.

Baotran

The professors are easily excessible and they are always willing to help.

Brianne

San Diego State University is located in one of the most amazing cities in the United States. There is plenty to do on and off campus; the beach is just a couple minutes away, there are plenty of local hiking locations, and downtown San Diego's restaurants and night life is wonderful. The campus is beautiful, remniscent of adobes and missions. Also, San Diego is accessible even to students without cars with a trolley station located right on campus.

Rather than focus on just GPA, SDSU encourages students to get real hands-on experience in the field they wish to pursure.

Armin

Beautiful weather year around always great people around.

I could transfer straight into SDSU from the local community colleges and did not have to go through the application process.

MALIK

SDSU offered the best weather and the best Recreation Center & Aquaplex of all the schools I visited. I am from Los Angles and enjoy working out and am definitely enjoy nice weather all year round. On an academic level SDSU is one of the nations' best universities if you are interested in studying abroad and I am already looking into some of the programs. Academically speaking, I felt I got the best education investment for the dollars spent to attend this college.

What's unique about SDSU is how involved the students are on campus. Many students are Greek, student-athletes, member of Associated Students, or have a job on campus. There are so many ways to get involved and meet tons of new people. It's a very up beat and alive school, which makes it very enjoyable to go to class every day!

Natasha

One of the unique things about SDSU is that it is centrally located in San Diego and has a good ethnic mix.

The campus lifestyle is always lively. Everyone is good looking. The teachers are just as enthusiastic as the students.

Abeer

The academic advising available was great. SDSU is a very practical and hands university. It served commutor and university based students without compromising the sense of campus community. SDSU also reflected tolerance and culture by doing small things, such as designating a building rooftop for Muslim prayer and welcoming diversity in many ways through clubs and activities. SDSU encouraged study abroad programs and required a certain amount of internship hours for my program. The professors available are professionals in their field and were great role-models. Not to mention SDSU's extensive and affordable student health services available.

Elise

The area the school is located is so diverse. There are a lot of things to do off campus, beaches, malls, parks, etc. On campus, we have a gym that you have a free membership to if you live on camus, we hold concerts and shows, and we have nights like 'game on the green', where everybody goes to the big grassy area and watches our basketball team's away games on a big screen, kind of like the drive ins.

Dajanae

The atmosphere is different then any other school. It might be the beach weather, but everyone is so nice and welcoming.

Tanya

The campus itself is beautiful!! There are so many places on campus to sit and work on coursework. The ARC (student gym) is an amazing facility and its very affordable!

Johnny

It was close to home, provided great weather and was easy for me to get into. I liked that it was a big school with an active greek life, but now I have realized that is not what I am looking for.

SDSU has one of the best study abroad programs in the country.

Carolann

What is unique about San Diego State University compared to the other schools I considered, is its cultural diversity and the acceptance of it. Although my ethnicity and culture is the majority, I enjoy meeting people from various parts of the world and learning their cultures. With an open mind, I find myself learning and expanding my knowledge of the diverse communities and traditions from all over the world. San Diego State University allows for the campus community to feel like home, no matter where you are from, regardless of your nationality, culture, or customs.

Our school has an enormous campus and has lots of different restaurants to eat at. It is definitely a fun place to go to school if you want to be surrounded by thousands of students and faculty.

Our school has a really good study abroad office and I think we have the second-best study abroad programs in the United States.

San Diego State University is very military-friendly. It extends any academic assistance it could give to retired or active duty military students like me.

Mario

This school is great in almost every aspect. We have the perfect weather, perfect social life, and the professors are very caring for their students and their academic life. Other schools excel in only one area, but at San Diego State University you can find the best of everything.

Doris

It's the number one small research school. It's big. It's friendly.

SDSU encompasses many different kinds of students. There are students who focus on business or international relations. Then there are some students that focus on science. Others focus on theatre. SDSU dosn't cater to just one type of degree, there are many opportunities for students and it is easy to change your major or take classes ourside your major.

One of the older campuses in Califonia

Abel

My school is very engaging. There are people from different cultures. I love the diversity. There are lots of opportunities to make yourself successful: excellent professors, career fairs for internships, organizations to join, and the faculty is very helpful. In general, it's a school dedicated for your prosperity.

Stacia

I thought the campus was beautiful, and I like the location. What I have learned about the school now is it is the only Cal-State that offers my major (Classics), and that to me in itself is worth it.

The dedication to the students and the diversity of student and faculty body.

Gabriella

The atmosphere.

The atmosphere at my school is extrememly friendly. It is unlike any place I have ever been; the people are all friendly and laid back. There is an emphasis on school work but students understand that we are like our own community for the duration of our college years together. At San Diego State we have a unique bond that is different than other anyother school I have ever stepped foot on. It is a special feeling to be driving down the freeway one hundred miles from school and still see another drive wit a San Diego bumper sticker.

It has a lot to offer geographically as well as socially. You can go to the beach, Desert, Downtown, the options are endless. The campus itself is always growing and renovating itself with new buildings gong up and remodeling of older buildings. It's very tech friendly with wifi in almost all classrooms and "smart classes" strategically placed around campus. It is also very visually diverse with a Mediterranean garden, small cottage setting, and modern architecture. It has a little bit of everything to accomodate everyone.

Jaron

There is a very bustling social scene at this school. There are tons of students and people to meet.

Degree is very hands on rather than primarily theoretical based.

Dionne

The fraternaties and sororities are pretty cool

It is in a beautiful location (San Diego, not the school itself) and it is fairly inexpensive. The school offers majors that allow people real experience and practical tools to get jobs after they graduate.

marcos

As far as engineering goes, all the classes, even undergraduate classes are taught by professors or professionals, which is a a great advantage over having a TA teach the class.

It's definitely a part y school, and that enviroment is hard to study in in comparison to the universities surrounding my campus.

Diana

The one thing that comes to mind is diversity. SDSU really opens the doord to all who really want to be here. I remember how scared i felt the first time i step foot on this campus, its size was breath taking. My fears promptly disappeared when i realize i wasnt alone. It really is amazing to look around campus and see that there is not a single group who is not represented.

I am an international business major and at this school, it is broken up into 3 components; language, region, and business. It is also mandatory for students to study abroad in their emphasizing region.

San Diego State University is unqiue because the beautiful location and an extremely involved campus. For example, it is currently 90 degrees and a week before thanksgiving!

Kelli

San Diego has a beach community and a downtown area. Both are a little distance from the school, but if you have a car it's easy to explore the area. Also, San Diego is beautiful.

Maureen

I feel that San Diego State University has a beautiful campus with a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff. The one aspect that stood out to me was the passion and drive of the students involved in their cultural organizations, such as Andres Bonifacio Samahan. The students of this organization dedicate their spare time to excel in school, reach out to the community, educate others on the Filipino culture, engage in politics, and socialize with each other and other students and organizations on and off campus. Their character has inspired me to attend SDSU and get involved.

My school is very competitive in terms of research and it is in a big city. Research fits very well into the Biology field and this school was the only school that i chose that was not in a small town, which is where I grew up.

Breana

San Diego State is culturally diverse. The campus is beautiful. SDSU was rated the #1 small research University in the United States.

It's a decent school for the price of tuition, though it is changing for the worse lately, in those same terms.

Janet

Did not consider another school

Angelika

The diversity of people

Jeff

The students here love to party and have a good time, but at the same time, they are very motivated in their schoolwork and want to succeed in life.

This school is a great place for anyone who wants to work hard and achieve great things. SDSU is known for the study aboard program, so take advantage of leaving the country to travel over seas. I'll be in Germany from May 2008- July 2010, and I couldn't be more excited. Ich freue mich auf meine Reise nach Deutschland!!! I have to come back to graduate, but I plan to continue my education in graduate school in Germany. The Germans here are friendly and to say to them, "Ja, Ich komme aus San Diego" would be awesome. If you are considering SDSU, the most important thing to remember is to stay strong and true to your roots and values. Be an individual and keep an open mind...also join German Club!

Rory

SDSU isn't that great of a school when it comes down to it, but its trying to better itself. The diversity is the worst thing on campus and these religious groups and radicals that harass students about their religions and frustrate LGBT students piss me off.