San Diego State University Top Questions

Brianne

People that enjoy sunny weather, the beach, and an overall nice atmosphere should definitely consider San Diego State. But with all the fun activities going on, mainly students that are good at managing time should attend schoole here. Since there is so much to do on and off campus, it is difficult at times to stay focused on studies. But education is the number one reason one attends college, so students that can keep that in mind will thrive at SDSU.

They should probably get used to school spirit and campus activities. There is always something going on around campus that has been endorsed by the university. The campus night life is pretty dead unless you are involved with greek life or have a desire to go downtown. If a person chooses to live on campus and isn't involved in greek life then they probably won't see too many parties, so I would suggest a non-party person to move here. Otherwise if night life is something of interest I would suggest moving closer to the beach.

If you are prepared to be challenged to get the best education possible, on one of the most beautiful campuses in the country, with big college activities and benefits and small college class sizes, then SDSU is for you.

Lawson

Someone who attends SDSU definitely needs to be social. There are a lot of people who enjoy social outings and exploring here, so if you can't keep up with that than you may not enjoy being around your peers. There's also a lot of stuff to do in San Diego, so you will enjoy your experience more if you open yourself up to the extracurricular activities around here.

Carlie

Anyone who loves sunny weather, being outdoors and outgoing athletic programs!

Save money, good sports program

This school is great for all kinds of people. The social aspect of school is really strong at this University. It has a reputation for being a party school, so many teens are attracted to it. It does, however, provide a great education for a great cost. My professors are affiliated with UCSD. I am paying the bare minumum for the same education they are paying thousands for. Anyone would be happy here because it is beautiful and has everything anyone would be looking for.

Laurel

An extroverted person who likes to get involved in their school environment will do very well her. Since SDSU is prominently a commuter school, this person should be able to be successful without a lot of peer support on campus. Athletes thrive here as well as artists and individuals interested in research opportunities.

Conchita

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who can balance school work and having a social life.

San Diego State University accomadates to all types of students. Anyone looking for diversity would love coming to this campus. The people on this campus are really open and socialable. There is great weather year-round. Anyone who is athletic or loves to get out would love the beaches, the deserts, the mountains, and all of the other geographical features suitable for activities. SDSU also offers many accredited programs in different fields of study. Anyone would love to attend San Diego State University.

MALIK

Students should be resourceful, open to diversity and able to get along with others. I am an African American male and the majority of my group of friends are all from different backgrounds. Throughout my K-12 education, I went to schools that were 99{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} African Americans. Howerver, attending a school were I don't see a lot of people like myself has made me reach out to others and by doing this I feel I am not only learning about academics but learning about tolerance and other nationalities.

Shows

A person who IS open-minded about many different cultural aspects and is comfortable with accepting vast diversity should attend this school.

amaris

someone with a strong will who is willing to put their social life on hold in exchange of success.

The type of person that should attend this college is some one that is looking for a degree in a field that they are interested in but are also seeking the college experience. This school will definitely give you both. I f you are a book worm and spend all your time studying and no fun then this school is not for you.

Kailie

Since San Diego State is a very large university, I believe it is important for both concurrent and incoming students to possess characteristics such as extroversion, independence, and the ability to accept and execute leadership. All three of these attributes, along with many more, will contribute to, if not fully enable, more students to experience drastically higher levels of connectedness with their university.

Someone who can enjoy the relaxing atmosphere yet still stay grounded. Or someone who just likes to party.

Isabella

I believe that an open minded person who is wants to live in a very diverse environment. They have to like sunshine and warm weather. There is a very laid back attitude here and there are so many places to go around here, the person should have the ability to be spontaneous. A student here should also be very social, we have a lot of campus events that they can attend, and meet new people.

There's something for everyone at San Diego State you just need to be proactive enough to go out there and try new things, there's a lot of clubs and organizations so don't be afraid to ask about everything that State has to offer!

Roxanne

Someone who likes to party but wants to get an education and learn about life.

Anyone who would like an education and does not mind a bigger school.

Malia

The kind of person who should attend this college should be someone who likes to party and drink. This is a major fraternity/sorority campus and the talk that goes on around campus is 98{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the time about a party. If you want a wild college experience then this is the college for you.

Jaedeleen

The type of person that should attend this school varies upon the degree they wish to pursue, however there are common characteristics of certain indivdiuals in the diverse majors. A studious person who likes to engage themself in critically challenging classes that opens their minds to different prospects, a person who is active not only in school functions but in the other socail aspects presented in the school, a person who is persistent and strives towards their goals, and above all a person who likes to have fun in class as well as out of class.

LISSET

With all colleges a person should be outgoing to make it easier to get to know other people but for this school in particular you should also enjoy the warm weather because that is what it mainly consists of in southern california. You should also consider walking to classes because its difficult to ride a bike to your classes you end up having to park it and walk the rest of the way, so if you like to ride your bike then you might want to consider a school where its possible.

One who does not mind being in a very large campus with very many people. This school seems to focus on business and the arts a lot. I would suggest that someone who is interested in those areas and who does not mind the size attend this school.

Rachelle

Someone who liked California weather, liberal politics, San Diego lifestyle, the environment, and lots of extracurricular activities.

I don?t know much about SDSU, but I think the student needs to be serious about their education. It is a small campus, and I don't see it as being a party school. Plus it is in San Diego, so you have so many opportunities to get off campus and explore something new. The weather in San Diego is constant, so if you like seasons it won?t be for you.

Anyone can fit in this school, there is such a diverse group here. There is also a place for everyone to fit in to, whether it is a frat/sorority, cultural frat/sorority, or just a club on campus, you will find a group of people to fit in with.

The type of person who is able to stay focused on their studies because the beach is so close it's very tempting to drive down to the beach and take a break from classes.

A well rounded student who can acheive in the classroom as well as outside the classroom. A person who is self motivated to do well in school and are serious about their education.

Trisha

Someone who doesn't mind all the required fees incoming freshmen now have to pay.

Wen

School is so diversed anyone is welcomed

This school is very diverse and offers a wide variety of classes and majors. Any kind of person can attend this school and be happy and successful. this school does tend to be known for it's parties, so if you are looking for the best college to meet new people, have a good time and just party all the time, this is the school for you. But overall, the education you can recieve here is above average.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is willing to step outside of their comfort zone in order to make friends. You need to be able to introduce yourself to others and know that sometimes you will not 'click' with the person with whome you introduced yourself. You also need to know your beleifs and morals and be able to stand firm in them due to the fact that they can easily be changed if you do not establish them before you come here.

Dustin

This school has something for everyone I think. The diversity here is amazing, both among students and academic possabilities. This school is for anyone open to possibility and eager to learn, and make some lifelong friends along the way. The atmosphere here is open and comfortable, I've never felt out of place or nervous about going to class. If your looking for a top notch education and a fun place to do it, I'll point you in SDSU's direction.

Sheridan

Someone who loves the beach, the mountains, and the sunny southern California weather will love San Diego State University. It is very culturally diverse; more than 180 languages are spoken in San Diego alone. If you are on a budget - the education is very well priced and there are many areas of study offered. The school offers great financial services and there is lots of on/off campus housing available.

Someone who is focused and not easily distracted by a social atmosphere.

Someone who is motivated to succeed and is not overly caught up in themselves. In other words a chill person who wants to have fun.

An individual looking to better themself and broaden their horion at an institution where you get more bang for your buck.

If are focused on your studies, but still like to have a social life then San Diego State is perfect. You can't be afriad of a large lecture, and you can't be afriad of asking a question.

Ana

Definitely some one that is set on working hard and has an academic goal in mind. It is a very easy going school in the sense that professors aren't hassling you about exams, homework, etc... So if you are not very self motivated it's easy to get off track and even fail. So I would say the kind of person that is self-motivated, enthusiastic about school, has a good head on their shoulders, sociable, hard-working, centered, independent, and responsible. San Diego State University offeres it's students everything they need to excell.

Carmen

A healthy person who has no problems with mobility issues; can walk alot and do stairs without a problem.

It seems someone who is party-oriented may have a better time at this school. I myself am not much of a partier, but there are other clubs and activities available for a pretty large variety of interests.

A person who really wants to try something different should attend San Diego State University. I understand a lot of academically striving students are unhappy being compared to their not-as-achieving classmates but it really does build character and a good social understanding. It might not be the best thing on a piece of paper but it about what it makes of you as an individual.

someone who is socially active not afraid to take risks. Someone who is a leader and challenges other people daily. Should be fairly good student. If you do your homework and pay attention in class there really is no way to fail. Teachers are pretty accomodating when it comes to the needs of the students.

Marcus

People that are outgoing, hardworking, good students and responsible. Students that are not easily pressured into things will probably do better academically here. People who want to have a great college expierence .

Pamela

Someone who is open minded and prepared for a challenge.

Blair

Nursing intrests or buesiness nothing else, eveything else takes way too long and they make you take class that have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING related to wht you are studying and most of them are harder than hey should be for a freshman or sophy. Also this school is over run my materiallistic vurtues that bow me out of the water. Girls spend more time getting ready for school than a final and guys use the gym more than i brush my teeth, (which is twice a day )

any kind of person can attend this school. it is pretty diverse and accepting. you should be motivated to do well in this school and also be able to afford tuition or have the resources to get financial aid, san diego gets expensive and students should be aware of the cost of living.

A care-free individual who understands the sacrifices necessary to complete a task while still maintaining their own identity.

SDSU is a great school for outgoing people who love good weather all year long. San Diego State is geared towards helping it students graduate and get into careers of their choice. Motivated students do better on this campus because of the mass amount of students who attend.