San Diego State University Top Questions

The best thing about SDSU is the freedom to manipulate your schedule once you ifgure out what you want to study. I had very understanding teachers when it came to working out my internship/class schedules.

Fabian

It is multicultural and the diversity is great. Students from different ethnic backgrounds and religious beliefs get along well and respect each other's ideas. Professors are diversed as well and you can meet a professor that shares the same background as you and that is something that motivates students.

Naomi

The campus has some beautiful buildings and architecture and the weather is awesome year round

San Diego State offers a variety of ways for people to be more involved; from intramural sports, to clubs, to greek life, and on campus jobs. There is something on campus for everybody. I chose to work on campus as a way to meet new people and make some money to help my family cover the expenses of attending a university. I am very greatful for this opportunity since I have met a lot of really awesome people this way. Also, by living in the dorms first semester, it allows you to be involved and meet lifetime friends.

Breanna

The location, the school spirit

Kimberly

I have never lacked resources. I have always been able to obtain any information or assistance I have needed. Furthermore, I have worked my way through school and this is the most affordable campus around. However, there is nothing lacking to make it more affordable. I have also gained the most rich and diverse experiences, both academically and socially. Recently, I was accepted to a very prestigious graduate program and I have chosen to continue at San Diego State. I would not trade my school for anything and I am excited to continue my endeavor.

mayra

This will be my first year at SDSU but I am excited that they offer both a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice as well as a Bachelor's and Master's in Public Administration with a concentration in Criminal Justice. These options will allow me the opportunity to broaden my career choices.

Desiree

The best thing about my school is it's location and recent improvements to the campus. There are plenty of things to do outside of school and there are new improvements being made on campus.

TYLER

Every new day I meet yet another person I can call a "friend".

Juleyanne

I really enjoy the Scripps Cottage/turtle pond area that we have here at State. The ponds provide a calming atmosphere for me to destress about my day and relax. It's also a great place to take a nap with the lush grass and all the trees surrounding the area.

Veronica

The best thing about San Diego State University is the teachers. They are extremelly helpful and supportive of students. They do not hesitate of telling you the truth as long as it helps you improve in your classes.

Jordan

The city it is located in, the social buzz that makes school a fun atmosphere to be in, and the successful school programs that are implemented.

Connie

I consider the oppurtunities given to do our best in our education and activities the best thing about the school. They would always offer help and encourage us to come out of our comfort zone so we can learn to adjust to a new world. People here are always welcoming and the sun is always out causing everyone to always have a smile on their face. The hills help us a workout outside of the free gym so we will never worry about not getting any exercise.

Natasha

The best thing about SDSU is the school spirit. There are a lot of activities students can get involved in and it truly helps the positive energy you feel on campus.

Michele

The best thing about my school is our school spirit. The people go crazy for all of our sporting events, activities, concerts, and basically anything that goes on. You can walk around campus and probably 50{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the people are wearing something with SDSU or Aztec Pride written on it. People love this school and that's why they come back year after year.

Janelle

I think the best thing about SDSU is the amount of diversity. There is something for everyone and I think that it is an important aspect of our campus life. Students from any race, culture, religion, etc. and with any interest can find a group or organization to get involved with. Most students at SDSU are involved with multiple organizations, combining athletics, honors societies, greek life and student leadership.

The campus is beautiful.

Doris

The surrounding environment is amazing.

Katrina

The thing I love most about San Diego State University is the amount of variety offered in classes and majors. There is so much to pick from, appealing to all sorts of extra curricular activities and interest in the student population. Also, another important aspect is the amount of support in the staff for academic advising. They are helpful and very on top of things, in an effort to help you get your tasks accomplished easier.

It's a beautiful place to be and an even better one to learn at.

Jenna

I consider the lifestyle very important: it's a fine balance between laid-back and responsible. I have always loved the beach as well as the weather in San Diego, and San Diego State offers great proximity to downtown as well as the beach communities, but is far enough away to isolate yourself and get some homework and studying done as well.

Hannah

The best thing about my school is the the challenge level. The professors expect a lot out of the students and in result, the students work harder .

LAURA

The best thing about my college is that it is giving me the opportunity to earn my degree. I know I was one of the few to be chosen to attend. The campus is really beautiful too and they have events happening often on campus.

Odyssey

The best thing about the school I attended was the freedom one had to explore different classes and being able to find yourself within them also having that support one needs when being away from home and being a first time student in a very diverse area.

Katie

You feel as though you belong, because the weather is beautiful and the people are friendly.

Kiah

The best thing about San Diego State has to be the location. Since San Diego State is so close to the beach the school offers classes that you get university credit for that lets you try things that you may not have been able to before such as surfing, sailing, wakeboarding, and so many more water activities. Also through our recreation center they offer activities such as rock climbing, camping, hiking and many more outdoor activities. Going to San Diego State is awesome because of all the amazing opportunities.

Ashleigh

I would consider the diversity here the best aspect of San Diego State. Every day when I am walking to my different classes, I see people from just about every background possible. Plus, we have several clubs and organizations that support all the different cultures and ethnicities here at SDSU. Diversity was a big seller for me. It adds a lot to your education to be able to meet people from all over and learn about so many distinct and different cultures from your own.

Kelsey

The best aspect about my school would be the social activities. At San Diego State there is always something to do no matter what type of person you are. On campus, there's a movie theater, bowling alley, a theater where plays and concerts are frequently held, and an amazing gymnasium for intramural sports teams. It is a big school, but there are so many different outlets for students to get connected with other students who share the same qualities.

Kellie

San Diego State has a very large student population. Although this can be very frustrating at times, it allows students to asscoiate with young adults from other countries and ethnic backgrounds. The professors who teach at SDSU realize this opportunity and utilize their students' differences in their lessons by asking everyone, American or otherwise, to share their opinions or experiences on the topic. This regular practice allows not only for critical thinking skills on the part of the students but, for a better understanding of the world around us.

Pauline

Despite the fact that everybody considers SDSU to be a party school and that no one cares about academics, the curriculem and professors really push you and attempt to prepare you for your desired professions in life. We're not as academically focused because when you get in the real world you can't consult a textbook. Our majors demand hands on experience. I'm required to immerse myself in several other cultures, travel, study abroad, and intern. So when I decide to pursue my profession I feel prepared and obtained a sense of who I am and my purpose.

What I like most about my school is how interested it keeps me. Although it has a huge student population, at times I have felt like there is a small amount, therefore making me feel more secure and happy with the school. There is always something to do, inside and outside of the classes and I have loved all my teachers and the help that SDSU offers and provides.

Nohely

The best thing about my school would probably have to be the help. College seemed like something too big and abstract for me, but once I arrived on campus everybody was willing to help, both faculty and students. The willingness of people to help only made my first times in college way better, their willingness made me want to learn and their willingness made me want to help others in need. The help at San Diego State University is amazing, and I couldn?t have had a better college experience without the support of others.

There is so many things to do on campus and it is very easy to get involved and truly feel like you are not only attending the college but you are a member of this inner society. In high school I basically kept to myself and never got involved in activitites but at SDSU I enjoy spending my time on campus even though I do not live on campus.

Berklee

I love the fact that although it might be labeled as a "party school" there are SO many opportunities to stray away from that lifestyle and SO many clubs to get involved in. I have never felt pressured to party.

Lizette

the diversity. because it lets you make new friends with different customes and religions and views.

Kameron

The campus life is the best thing about the school; there are always things to do and people to see. Socializing is extremely easy and makes attending the school a lot of fun.

Candi

The location is awesome, with downtown San Diego and beaches nearby.

Ebony

it's location. Close to everything- so you will never be bored.

Allison

I like the variety of classes they offer. There are some really interesting GEs which make being forced to take those course a little bit more bearable.

Emma

The best thing about San Diego State is the fun and energetic personalities of the individuals who both study and instruct here, as well as the overall atmosphere of the campus with the beautiful architecture and landscaping.

Anna

I think the people that attend SDSU are very motivated and devoted individuals. I love the pace that the school goes. My first year was quite challenging, the transition from high school to a university was significant. I have grown so much within this year that have helped me grow along. I really got the hang of my classes this year. I feel that I have improved tremendously. I have learned how to take better notes and be able to manage my time better. The experience of going straight to a four year has been challenging but an awesome opportunity.

Jacob

MSOE produces students ready for the industry. Time and time again employers express the ability of students and the willingness to exclusively recruit from MSOE. The work can be difficult and daunting, but the degree will be very valuable.

Wen

the diversity because nowhere else can you find collaborations among variant people

Dorrin

I think the best thing about my school is that there are many clubs and organizations you can join, so it's easy to meet new people, and our school is also very diverse so you can meet people with different backgrounds and cultures.

Daniela

I like that my school is close to my parents home, and close to where I grew up.

Shelby

I like the location and the education I have available in my field of study (Nursing).

Olivia

The school is culturally diverse and offer alot of resources

Miriam

A great characteristic of my school is it's size. It allows for beauty, student body variety, and administrative variety.

Mindy

The climate, the programs, the dorms, the food, the teachers

Robert

The size of the campus is perfect for the time it takes to get from class to class. Also, the library and eating commons are in great locations.