San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Art Institute

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Francisco Art Institute

Brooke

looking forward to going here this Fall. The San Francisco Art Institute is a genuine non-profit and you can see that in their spending/finance statistics. funds are used genuinely and not just as a padding for high-ranking member's wallets. You're sure to get a quality education at the oldest art university on the west coast.

Jezreel

I'm a high school student at Covina High School. I really don't know what the campus there is like but i do want to go to this college because it will help me become a comic artist, a graphic artist. It's the best art school in San Fransisco and i believe it will guide me to become a comic artist like Stan Lee.

amy

The advice i would have given myself would have to be, get serious and go look for a job because you never really know how much you will have to spend and how much of a burden it will put your parents in. Your parents already have enough on their plate looking for a new house because the bank foreclosed your house. Go volunteer more because with more expierence it is more likely that you'll get acepted into the college of your dreams. Stop procrastinating because it will come back to haunt you later on. There are so many things i regret and right now i wish i could take them back but i can't and with this scholarship it will help me acheive my dream of working in the animal field.

Elliot

I learned that it all starts with your mindset. And there are several factors that could cause someones high-school to turn completely upside down. First is positioning yourself in your social life. Don't ever hold grudges. Spending your high school years focusing on the tension between you and another person is not pleasant. Be quick to forgive. This could hinder one's study habits for education or could put you at risk of taking revenge. Just let it go and move on. Then make a set of goals for yourself. Ask yourself what you would like to accomplish by the end of high school, make a plan on how you would like to reach them. There is a lot of room for improvement and there is no reason not to improve. Learn to take responsibility. Doing whatever you want regardless of the consequences because your parents or teachers are there to fix it. It's an awful habit. Learn to be accountable for yourself and learn self-discipline. Last and foremost, do well in academics. Always remember that possibility is within everyone's reach. Position yourself for success. Keep yourself active in all aspects of your life.

To my naive self, It's your senior year! This is a year to remember for sure! You are going to enjoy being at Eastwood High School no matter what the circumstance. It's going to be hard to make friends being that you are round and pregnant, but that is not what is important. What's important is your grades. Stay focused on the goals you have set for you and your baby's future. The students around you don't make up who you are, you do. Work as hard as you can everyday. It will get hard, especially when you are on maternity leave. You will feel like you are falling behind. Keep your head up girl! Enjoy the extra-activities that high-school has to offer and take all the help that the teachers are so willing to give. Its your senior year, so do your absolute best and don't ever give up!

Andrea

There is so much I would tell my high school self! Work hard in every class, no matter how trivial it may seem, it will pay off later in college. Go to a community college KNOWING what you want to do in life, it will save you from switching majors later on and keep your degree at four years instead of six. Apply for as many scholarships as you can, including Bright Futures, it will save you from loan debt later on. Keep contact with your friends, when you do not know anyone at your new college, talking to them will make all the difference. I actually gave advice to my younger sister when she graduated high school and she has told me more than once it saved her a lot of anguish.

Thomas

So Tom, how's it feel being a high school drop out? I know you haven’t put a value on education. Let me assure you, it is infinitely more valuable than you have yet to realize. You don’t know this, but you’re going to end up being a teacher. Don’t wait until you’re in your in your 30’s to go to college. Stay in school, graduate with your friends, and go to college! You'll love getting a college education, it is an amazing and inspiring experience. It maysound crazy, I know you don’t like school, but you will, and you’ll wish you would have stuck with it from the beginning. You’re going to do great in college; you’re going to get scholarships and grants because you have an enormous capacity for success that you don’t see, but it is there, it lives inside you. I’m telling you kid, stay with it, go back to high school while you still can. You won’t regret it, I promise you. Either way you go about it, now, or later, you will go to college, and you'll love it.

Jacqueline

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice that I would give myself would be would there are a lot of college options and to thoroughly research colleges. This would better help you transition and to always think positive and keep on track. Always try your best because you want to get your money worth of education. You’re in college to learn and succeed, and that you want to keep up to date with your loans and tuition because you don’t want to fall behind on making payments. Socialize with different people, and keep up the good study habits that you had in high school. Get a planner and learn how to cook, it saves you a lot of money. The first few months away from your parents are difficult , but stay positive because many college students are away from home. Its part of the college experience.

Budget cuts, intenet is slow, expensive

Blaze

Artistic and creatively driven. A space for everyone to grow and expand their artistic, academic and personal goals.

My academic and artistic limits have been pushed and tested to expand and become an expert in my chosen field. This school is the only college I know of that offers an artistic interpretation to my major, Urban Studies. Not only do I learn urban and social theory, but I also have the ability to create artistic projects that react to the theory I learn in class. I have already had three different gallery shows at this school. It has a lot of venues to show, sell and get recognized for your artistic practice. I am very appreciative to have found this school and look foward to utilize the connections I have made here to launch my career.

More about the public transportation situation

San Francisco Art Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.