San Francisco, CA
San Francisco State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Francisco State University

candice

The campus is not very modern and it could use some remodeling of the buildings. It doesn't seem like SFSU has a lot of school pride.

There is a lot of diversity at SFSU.

I have only taken one class at SFSU.

A stereotype about SFSU is that they are very liberal.

Eric

The best thing about SFSU compared to all the other state colleges is that tuition is the lowest at sfsu. Our school way to small to accommodate all the students we have. There is no school pride, we are the "gay tors". And our school color is ugly. The school is way to liberal. Students frequently complain about parking.

Way to liberal, unfair, close minded, never listens to anyone because they think their right.

SFSU is a decent school, the professors are decent, lots of cons.

Yes, these stereotypes es are quite true. Since people come and go, its hard to meet people. And classes are hard to get.

My favorite class at SFSU is Acct 507, Information System Audit, with Professor Stephen Spalding. He is the greatest, down to earth professor. He's there to teach, not there to drag your grade down. He brings you a real life scenario, where we go to a clients office and shadow a audit. Finally we can apply what we learn to the real world.

There is no social life at SFSU, i dont live on campus, so i have no idea what they would do at 2am.

Its hard to meet people because its a commuter school. There are a lot of squares. Classes are hard to get.

Jay

It's near my house. Change some of the teachers. They should have a Survivor system where student can vote off the professors. Too small. What ever your major is, you'd pretty much stay in one building. Business building. What college town? Don't know about the administration. Latest controversy: fee hike & less class schedule. There are a lot of pride.

most favorite DS 412 with Mehrotha. least isys 263 with homan.

don't know about organizations to theater. Dating scene: didn't work out- have a girlfriend off campus. Last weekend: partied 'till we passed out.

The girls are cute but stuck-up. SFSU is good for the nursing and business program.

Harper

SFSU is diverse. I like the atmospher.

SFSU is diverse. I like the atmospher.

I can speack for my self. I dress professionaly since i come from work. If i do not have to work i dress casually. I am from Ethiopia. I do no have any problem at school.

Yes, most of my professors know my name. My favorite class was Taxation. I particiapat a lot eventhough I am kind of quite

Brian

The biggest issue with SFSU is that classes are extremely difficult to get. If that was changed, SFSU would be one big step closer to becoming a highly regarded school.

There are many types of Students at SFSU: hard working, unmotivated, independent, dependent, among many others. This is a good lesson about what the real world is like.

I am doing this survey for the Accounting Students' Organization at SFSU!

No, I know many hard working and brilliant students at SFSU.

Classes at SFSU is definitely geared toward getting a job, and I believe that is what it should be exactly doing.

SFSU has always been a commuter school, so in order to have a social life at SFSU, you really have to join an organization, fraternity/sorority, etc.

Being that many consider SFSU as a second tier school, there is a stereotype that SFSU students lack intelligence.

Misha

This is the perfect school for me: big enough to be anonymous, small enough to get to know people.

Very diverse which is awesome.

Not for everyone obviously, but we probably do have a disproportionate amount of liberals and vegans than the average university.

The professors here, at least in the biology department, are probably the nicest set you'll find.

There are alot of students who commute to campus, like me, but I still have far more activities to do than I actually can handle.

Philip

Thes best about SFSU is that it is located right off the highway, so it is very convenient to get there. However, it is too small and parking is horrible. The biggest recent issue on campus is the budget cut on eduation. There is a lot of school pride.

SFSU is racially diverse and I feel comfortable being there. Most students wear casual attire.

I am doing this survey for Accounting Students Organization (ASO).

Professors do not really know my name. My favorite classes are accounting classes since they are practical and professors seem to know the materials and know how to teach. The other classes are somewhat useless. Class participation is very common. Students are competitive and have intellectual conversations outside of class. I am accounting major and sometimes ask my professors for advices in future career. The education at SFSU is geared toward a job.

I am involved with Accounting Student Organization. I make many friends by going to events held by ASO.

Brett

Even though SFSU is located in San Francisco, it is not a party school at all. It is actual very nice and comfortable to be on main campus.

People are very open mind about other races. You can find any ethnics student organizations on campus.

Some facilities are old on main campus. I am looking forward to see a brand new library soon.

Half and Half. There are still a lot of students don't have to work and go to school full-time.

SFSU is a very diverse campus. However, you have to make sure you study hard since professors really make sure you work hard for their classes.

There are many professional events organized by students. It is a good way for student to demostrate leadership and organizational skills. It is very good for students to network as well.

Communter school. Students have to work a lot and go to school a lot.

Shawn

THe best thing about SFSU is that is located in one of the most beautiful cities in the United States. It has wonderful, friendly people. SFSU has a lot of excellent instructors. One thing I would change is the maximum amount of units you can register. For example, in the primary time for registering for your classes, you could only register for 8 units. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THIS!!! One possible change is adding one more unit to that number. Also, just let us complete our schedule how it is. Oh yes. Another thing that the shcool can do to help out their students is convincing the city of SF to extend the muni fastpass to Daly City BART station. That would be increadible and will reduce transportation time. Where do I spend most of my time? Either in class, the library, the student union, or talking with classmates. There are many things you can do in SFSU.

It has been a cool school so far.

Not accurate. I have met people with low GPA and high GPA.

Professors have a little trouble remembering my name because my name is not that common. Either way, they do recognize my hard work. Such as my accounting instructor. She recognizes that i am an increadible student. Therefore, this accounting course is by far the best class I have this semester. The least favorite is my Internation Bussiness class. The instructor teaches exactly what is on the book. She tests us on EVERYTHING. She has a low voice and monotonous. She is making the hard harder than it actually is. I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THIS CLASS ONLINE! Everyone in that class is strugleling. She hands out the study guide for the exam a class before the Exam. HOW HELPFUL IS THAT? Big mistake taking her. I don't know about other students, but i study a lot. I mean, I study too much. I do not have a social life anymore. I have not gone to the movies...due to the fact that I do not have time or the money to do so. I espect to change to my old self once the semester is over. I am going to party hard once i finish studying hard.

The group that I am involved in is called ASO (Accounting Student Organization). So far the experience has been ok. Not the best. Not the worse. I think it could be better. I do not know what kind of parties students do during the week or the weekend.

1) SFSU accepts students that do poorly in school either in high school or in a two year community college.

Sam

SFSU is a commuter school. Students generally hold jobs and attend full time. People come from all over the bay and generally come for class and leave right after.

There are many student organizations on campus that cater to a variety of individuals. We have political, religious, academic, ethnic oriented groups, the list goes on and on. So regardless of your interest you'll feel right at home.

The students are diverse but that does offer a great experience

The class sizes are fair but increasing due to the budget cuts. Professors in upper division courses are more interactive and personal. There is much more dialogue that occurs in the upper division courses.

There is usually live music, or performers of some sort in front of the Cesar Chavez building on warm sunny days. Everyone kicks back and just enjoys their break. Most clubs and organizations are tabling outside, doing fundraising or just raising awareness of their organization.

We are typically dubbed as a very diverse set of students where it is hard to meet other individuals.

San Francisco State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.