San Francisco State University

« See more reviews of San Francisco State University

San Francisco State University has a very diverse group of students, including its faculty. The professors are very down to Earth and accessible. Extracurricular activities such as student organizing, musical activities, and volunteer work is abundant at this campus. The overall scenery and environment makes this schoo, SFSU, very unique. It also has a deep respectable history; SFSU has a record for holding the longest student strike in American history, which took place in 1968. Because of this strike, also known as the Third World Liberation Front, SFSU is one of a kind.

San Francisco is a unique city in and of itself. Moving to this city has allowed me to be more open minded and welcome others differences to my life. This campus is lively and involved with what it has to offer. I feel that, although it is small, each department expresses its passion my sharing it with the entire campus. For example, there are always events or performances occuring in the quad area. It is not revolved around parties, frat/sorority houses, rather around making students aware of their world. For example, the many protests, newsletters etc.

San Fransisco Unviersity is known as the creative spark of the city, they offer many strong majors, and many artistic programs. The location of the campus allows students to explore the happening city. There is always something happening in San Francisco, from all of the events to the protests that occur. Living in the city one is embedded into the many cultures of the city. The diversity of the school definitely attracted me to the university and all of the opportunities for jobs/internships that I will seek in my future.

It will be unique for me to get out of JR college & go to SF State because my son will also be going at the same time. I began going to JR college when I was working full time , a single mother. I am glad that I did this so that my son could see that education is important. I also feel that San Francisco State will be unique in that it is centrally located in an urban area that is also full of opportunities for students such as work study, extension courses & a cooperative system w/ other learning institutions.

SFSU is very diverse and filled with open-minded people who have been trained well (by professors especially) to think critically on an array of subjects. Unlike other areas of the US, San Francisco has so much to offer; spending years there is not enough to find all the charms within this city. SFSU is truly unique and sets itself apart from other schools because of the passionate students and professors whom are there not only to focus on a career and "money-making" degree, but to find their true love in life.

I only considered a private art school in addition to San Francisco State. I was attracted to the wide-ranging education that I knew I would be missing at an all art related school. The campus was large and the tuition was microscopic in comparison to the private school. The Cinema Department also attracted me, and it was the only State school that provided one. Being located in San Francisco was also a good motivation, however I wasn't all too attracted to moving to the part of town in which SFSU is located.

One of the things that makes San Francisco State University unique is all things there are to do in the area. Being located in a city has its perks. There are great museums, restaurants, bars and clubs. There are also always events going on such as festivals, sports events and concerts. Despite being in a city there are a lot of outdoor opportunities as well. The campus is located right next to Lake Merced with walking trails all around it. Ocean Beach and Golden Gate park are also only a short bus ride away.

The thing that makes San Francisco State stand out in front of other schools is the setting that it’s in. It’s cold and foggy summers and warmer than usual winters will make you fall in love with not only the school but also the city. SFSU has a great variety of majors and minors to offer and the school makes sure that the students only pursue their careers in the fields that they enjoy and have the greatest interest in. This school will train you for a successful life after college.

San Francisco State University is a very diverse school that challenges me in every way possible. It has taught me how to learn on my own, research and make full use of various resources in order to improve my learning techniques and expand my learning fields. It provides us with enough information to be able to choose a career that bests fits us, and despite all the financial difficulties that the school has gone through, professors are very available, willing and helpful.

As a native, I have been exposed to the diverse set of people and backgrounds to the city life. Though academics are a significant factor in my decision to attend SFSU, I believe that living in San Francisco, in itself, is a remarkable experience, one that has helped me to grow as a person. San Franciscans embrace diversity, and even celebrate it. I admire the people, the atmosphere, and the history that comprise the beautiful city. San Francisco is rich in its culture.