San Francisco State University

« See more reviews of San Francisco State University

I know that my school is very different from others in which diversity is abundant. I enjoy that all types of religion, ethnicities and sexual orientations are embraced and accepted. Although some of our differences I may not agree with it is the fact that SFSU does not judge and makes all feel welcomed. Other schools usually have one set of race which makes it feel uncomfortable, therefore SFSU does well in creating a welcoming environment to whoever wants to be there.

At San Francisco State University, there are hardly and fraternaties and sororities, meaning that students hardly ever feel denied or are excluded from any group they wish to participate in and the school is much more unified and open to people. All over the quad there are tables and groups set up welcoming new members and speaking with anyone who who wishes to learn something new and/or meet new people.

San Francisco State University has an extraordinary school of music . Focusing on making many musical art forms come alive through media, and performance many music students come from around the world to participate in its unique programs. Many great artist such as Jazz Saxophonist Brandton Marcellas have been honorary music instructors.

My school recently opened their newly renovated library. The library has served as a great community for students. Coffee and food is available at the corridor of the library. The library offers computer rentals and is open 24hr for students. This new library gives to a safe place to study and mingle with other students. I am very proud of our new library.

Being in the city of San Francisco allows students to be able to reach the other side of the city within a short period of time even by bus. Everything is compact and San Francisco has a lot to offer when it comes to nightlight, entertainment, art, etc. The attitudes of San Franciscans are friendly and open-minded which makes creating friends easier.

Personally, I'm not too crazy bout SFSU. I'm most likely going to transfer. It's a great school but it's not for me. If you want a big school with tons of school spirit and tougher academics, SFSU is not for you. The school is small so class sizes are smaller, which is nice, but I feel like I'm going to a community college not a 4-year-university.

San Francisco State University is a very liberal school where people feel that they have a voice that can be heard if people group together with similar values. There is not much of a competitive attitude towards academics, but people are willing to openly share their ideas and oppinions in and outside of the classroom which can be helpful.

There is so much diversity with all the people who go here. There is also a different vibe to this school that many other schools i applied to and visited didn't have. Many other schools I considered seemed nice and welcoming but my school seemed more than just welcoming. It seemed like everything i could want for my higher education.

There is so much culture, and it is so close! For example, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is quite nearby. This museum is pretty great in that it was the first museum to recognize photography as an art form, and therefore the fifth floor is dedicated to photography.

San Francisco State University is unique in the fact that there is no strong greek life, it has some of the strangest people i've ever met, and everyone is extremely nice and friendly. Also, it is in a big city unlike any other schools, and six hours away from my parents.