San Francisco State University

« See more reviews of San Francisco State University

Last year, we hosted the screening of "The War" with Ken Burns, and I really wanted to go. I heard a lot of people went to that. Movie nights do okay. Athletics are not very visible. The Graduate Literary Association is cool, and the impromptu writing groups like The Velvet Revolution are good times. The Greek system is pretty nonexistent here!!! It is not a frat party kind of school. It is all about small gatherings, just to have a few drinks and talk. The traditions are tied to the city! What is going down in the city, like Chinese New Years, are where the students are! If you are not in the city at 2 am you are probably sitting around with friends watching Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. If you want to go do something, pick anything...the city has movie houses, concerts, bars, art galleries, museums, cultural events, modern dance, etc.

For accounting students, Betal Alpha Psi and the Accounting Students' Organization (ASO) is two common student organization on campus. I am involved in both group, and am an officer for ASO. I don't know much about athletic events or the dating scene, since I am not looking into those areas. There are always guest speakers and performances on school, but I never attend because of schedule conflicts. If I am up at 2am on a Tuesday, I am usually writing a paper or doing some kind of reading for a class. Last weekend, I went to an awards banquet that included professionals from the accounting world, and went to a house party, where we played poker, wii, and ate finger foods. If I am at a nondrinking event, its can be playing billards, bowling, or some games.

I play club water polo and my team is wonderful. It's co-ed and everyone is welcome! The performing arts programs here at State are cool. I saw a Kabuki demonstration and it was totally awesome. 2 AM on a Tuesday (for most) means either doing a last minute paper, like I usually do, or partying. The school isn't big on partying but the kids there do love to party. There are many parties in the neighborhood next-door to State, Parkmerced, but they get shut down pretty early. Lovefest, the music festival, is a big deal.

i did not live in the dorms so I do not know how they operate but in terms of clubs and such. there are plenty. As you walk through the center of the school (the quads) you will always see activist trying to get you to sign some sort of petition, you will see political clubs, or clubs just for fun outside holding events of some sort. SFSU is in the city and there is always something to do. You don't have to drink to have fun, there are salsa bars and things that are always open.

Accounting Students Organization is the organization that I am working with. This is gearing toward specific accounting students and I am one of their officers. I would say our group is pretty active amon campus since we do have presentation, mock interview, office visit, social events, and picnic. However, since I am also pretty active outside of school, I do also sport and clubbing with my friends.

Our school is located in San Francisco so you automatically expect to have a diverse set of students. I love the fact that we are in the hub of such a diverse area and that there are so many things to do and explore. We have beaches nearby and museums and parks and shopping and nightlife. You are never bored no matter what time of day.

I am a member of Japanese Assorciation but never participate the activity before. The one of the reason is I do not want to make Japanese friends that much since I am here for studing English. I always try to attatch the English rather than my first language.

I have been involved in the Accounting Students Organization (ASO) and I think it is one of the best organization I could I ever been. I'm about to graduate and I got a job because ASO provided events and workshops for me to meet accounting firms

One of the most popular student activities is the M.E.Ch.A club. They integrate our community in their activities and provide services. They also want students to gain awareness of upcoming protests and school related events.