San Francisco State University

« See more reviews of San Francisco State University

The worst thing about San Francisco State University that I have discovered as a first time student is that their Financial aid allotment is too low for low income students trying to go to school there. Students who choose to live in University Housing often have take out loans or get a job in order support themselves while attending San Francisco State University. Many poor students are suffering tremendously because after they pay for tuition they don't have enough money to pay for personal expenses like food and rent.

The worst thing about San Francisco State University at the moment is the horrid budget cut situation it and the entire CSU system is in right now. The budget cut situation has cut back on so many classes that it seems nearly impossible to graduate in four years. It has also increased many university fees, which essentially means students are paying more for less educational oppurtunities with all the classes that have been cut. Which have lead to countless furlough days for staff and students. The universtiy has also stopped accepting transfer students for the incoming spring semester.

The worst thing about San Francisco State University, and the Education system in California in general is the large amount of budget cuts, and fee increases that students have had to deal with. These budget cuts and fee increases have affected students in various ways such as: delaying graduation time, classes being cut from the class schedule, faculty cuts and restraints, and has also forced students to drop out of school due to financial reasons. This causes additional stress for students who are trying to earn a well deserved education for a better future.

The worst thing about San Francisco State University are the budget cuts. This university is one of the most effected unversities in all of California. As a result, thousands of classes has been cut, the tuition has been raised 30%, and the four year college plan has slowly diminished. Since I am an undeclared freshman it makes it very difficult to chose a major when so many classes have been cut and many majors are impacted. I hope the university can be more helpful to their students who are undeclared and need assistance to finding their interests.

There are few things that I strongly dislike about my school, but one of them is the size of the classes. Sometimes the class size is so large that it is either difficult to get into desired classes or the size hinders my learning experience. In a big class, it is more difficult to make friends and communicate with the professors, but it is the nature of my school. Although there is variety in the sizes of classes offered, I feel that on the whole the classes offered tend to be on the larger end of things.

I am in JR College & I find the organizational aspect of it leaves a lot to be desired. Ex: I asked the counselor to provide me w/ a copy of the graduation app. so I could see what was involved in filling it out since I am close to graduating. After 3 attempts w/ her, I told her that I would escalate the matter. I was then sent a letter from her supervisor telling me they were short staffed & that he expected me to "take a more central role in my education?. He could have sent me the document instead.

I expected a little more interaction with people and a better support system from the school for the Students. More interaction in a sense where the school could have done a better job to inform and reach out with the Students to make it a more sociable and fun atmosphere. As well as a support system where they should have compassionate workers who wants to educate the students for the right reasons, where the school have alumni's and possible company outreach to help future graduates get a job.

Due to the budget cuts in California, our university has been very negatively impacted. Classes have been cut, and most of us are not able to get into certain classes due to overcrowding or lack of choices. Not only that, but prices have skyrocketed, therefore many of us have chosen to attend part time to cut costs. It is very concerning and it has affected every single one of us. All these factors have led teachers to lose their assistants, conquently being less available to us, students.

The worst thing about San Francisco State is the lack of school spirit. School spirit can have a huge impact on the students outlook on the school, campus, and staff. Being very involved and feeling as though you are involved in school can make the world of difference. School spirit can be anything from clubs, sports games, etc. Being involved with the school and school spirit, I believe that students want to go to school, and want to do better in academics and also represent the school.

The worst aspect of my school is the lack of motivation to succeed. There is no incentive for students to perform well at all. It is extremely frustrating to work extremely hard to recieve no reward and to see my friends fall behind in their grades because there is no reason to do well. The school does not seem to take academic achievement seriously and it bothers me very much because I want to attend a university that pushes me to do things I did not know I was capable of.