San Francisco State University

« See more reviews of San Francisco State University

In my experience, the attitudes of students at San Francisco State University were extremely negative. My classmates were consistently dissatisfied with various aspects of the school, including school policies, tuition, and campus facilities. In addition, people often voiced their concerns about issues unrelated to the school, such as politics and personal beliefs. Strikes were very common and could be disruptive to the learning environment or even damaging to school property. This attitude translated to a low school spirit and lack of pride.

The library is currently under construction. That part of the campus is very noisy. Due to the library being under construction the library system is scattered throughout different buildings. For instance you borrow the book online and pick it up in a room in the humanities building. Most importantly, there are not much quiet places to study on campus because the library is under construction. Also, due to the budget cuts ther is a lack of availability of classes. As of now, most people will take more than four years to graduate.

The fact that San Francisco State is an urban campus makes it a small, and condensed place to be. Especially that there is over thirty thousand students, with not enough outdoors areas so one can hang out and study. we have a poor library that is going to be shut down in a month for renovation, i guess that's a god thing for the library and future students. For current students though it's gonna be tough.

Choosing the classes that i want is frustrating because of the budget cut situations. It has been cutting a lot of our classes, which causes students to not graduate on time and having flexible hours. There are also many furlough days off which there are campus and teachers furlough days. Thus making our classes move at a faster pace than before and sometimes skipping some of the curriculums/lesson plans.

As of now, due to the economic problems taking place within the country and the world, huge cutbacks and diverting resources: financially and faculty, to other places has made a big impact onto the students and teachers. Money and the resource related to it is the biggest frustrating thing in our campus for both teachers and students.

The lack of sports and school spirit. It seems as if no one at this school cares about sports or physical fitness (lifting weights or recreational lifting weights, just running). It is frustrating as a former collegiate baseball player to feel in a community when that is a big part of my life and the weightroom is beyond sub-par.

The budget cuts. Because of the cuts there are frequent campus-wide and professor furlough days meaning a shorter school year. As classes are cut, tuition is raised and financial aid is slashed. It's upsetting to have to pay more for less of a college education, especially when it is so costly.

Generally it is not the school's fault, but with the California Budget Cuts, school is sometimes a difficult environment to have fun it. Many opprotunities that have been offered prior to the cuts are no longer available to the students. We pay more for less and it's very disheartening.

The most frustrating thing about my school is because of the budget cuts that have been occuring in the last couple of years, have made it more and more difficult to register for classes needed for majors, GE, and graduating requirements, which causes seniors to not graduate on time.

The class sizes for my business classes are just too big. There are so many students that there is never room for much discussion or presentations and are only lecture oriented for that specific reason. Then they just become very dull and boring and its harder to learn that way.