San Francisco State University

« See more reviews of San Francisco State University

As with life, the real education is acheived by exposing yourself to an environment of diversity. Rich with multiformity, my school proudly welcomes a wide demographic of students and teachers. What has been most rewarding is the collective knowledge and experiences that the students share with one another. Instead of a staunch environment of conformity, my school provides the intellectual stimulation of wide-ranging perspectives and opinions. The nature of this environment has given me an invaluable education - with the school of academia in junction with the school of life, I have learned things that I wouldn't have elsewhere.

I consider the ethnic studies classes at San Francisco State University to be the best thing at my school. I really enjoy taking these classes because it gives a different perspective of the usual history we learn in highshool textbooks. SF state is the first school to have an ethnic studies program and students and prospective students should take advantage of them and take a class on the various subjects from Asian American Culture to La Raza Culture to American Indians. There are so many classes to meet anyone's interest from mass media to policics in ethnic studies.

SFSU is a place of diversity and acceptance. The abundance of majors and helpful professors from a variety of backgrounds come together to truly provide an empowering experience--if you work hard! It is wonderful to walk around campus and see and meet people from everywhere across the globe. With over 200 student organizations, study abroad and exchange programs with almost 20 countries, and school festivals and activism, SFSU is a place I feel that is creating future leaders by working together and overcoming any differences the people of the world may have.

The best thing about San Francisco State University is the location. It is right in the middle of one of the most diverse, culturally rich cities in the world, and while the campus itself may not be the most social or exciting, there are no shortage of activities, events, and sights in the surrounding city of San Francisco. There are all kinds of museums, galleries, theatres, restaurants, performances, readings, and more that can expose one to all kinds of cultures, views, histories, and experiences, as well as enrich one's learning experience at SF State.

The best thing about my school is the level of energy students provide here. This school is not like any other campus I visited in the past. The people are nice and respectful. Every one is open minded. Although every one is competitive, they have strong support for the school. For example, budget cuts have affected our school and what students do is fight back by evoking strikes. We also support smaller communities and try to raise money to fund other communities in need. Overall, the best thing to me is the helping and positive vibe every one gives off

The best thing about my school is the amount of oppurtunities available for students to participate in. There are a variety of clubs, sororities, sports, and events to get involved in, and getting involved at school is a great way to meet people. It's easy to find a group or club where the members have at least one common interest. For example, I recently joined the water polo club and play with other students a couple nights a week, and other students I know are members of ethnic clubs or groups that involve a common interest, like voulunteering.

My school is widely known for the large polulation of ethnic, racial, religious, and cultural diversities. These attribute is particularly good for me, because my race is a minority in this country. From the classroom to offices to outdoors on campus any day, all you will find is people from differrent backgrounds. Moreover, I think that my school is one of the schools in california that provides 24 hrs computer lab and study room for students. These kinds of resourses are very helpful to students in respect to the school workload.

At San Francisco State University, you are not only getting an amazing education from professors who truly love to teach, but you are also getting an intersting experience. SF State is a university dedicated to social justice; this is demonstrated through classes offered, multi-cultural events on campus, and the student body. I have sat in many of my classes and known that only at SF State would I receive this type of education. When I graduate I will be not only ready to continue onto graudate school, but also I will be a better person.

A lot of people say that San Francisco State University lacks campus life since it is considered to be a commuter school. I believe that it all depends on how involved one gets in their school. I personally am in a sorority at SFSU and I'm loving every minute of it. I feel that the appeal of the school is in the fact that it is located in one of the greatest cities in the world. Going to school here and having the city at my feet has made my college experience everything that I want it to be.

The best thing about my school is that it's a very diverese school with a ton of great programs. The students, staff, and faculty here are friendly, making it a great environment to be in. They're willing to lend a hand and help in any way they can. The atmosphere is not competitive, instead it's more cooperative. Therefore, you don't feel like you're trying to compete with many other students. There are people from all walks of life coming here with goal in mind to be part of a big family.