Pasadena, TX
San Jacinto Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Jacinto Community College

Tania

San Jacinto really caters to their students. I have never attended any other college but I feel I would not be treated as well. I believe that I why I have been attending San Jac for so long!

If I could go back in time! I say that to myself quite often. I would have taken dual credit courses in high school to advance in my college basics. That would have really helped in getting to know the college and how their courses work. I would have also made sure I would have taken atleast 12 hours each semester, no breaks! After high school the first things seniors want to do is take a break from school, but that is a big mistake. You begin to get lazy and once you start to college you take less hours because you don't want the pressure of doing more school work. If I would have done it back then I would have been completed by now. You never know what life will bring so take advantage of going to school when you have the time. You have to really push yourself to accomplish what you dream. It just would have been easier for me as a single jobless senior, than as a married mother with a full time job.

The only thing I do not like about San Jacinto College is the fact that they do not offer Fashion Design courses. Aside from that, I think it is a great college and I have enjoyed attending on and off for 10 years.

Tracey

Looking back to previous experiences, I would definately like to have changed my procrastination in high school. Although I was intelligent and turned in my assignments with flying colors, most of the time, I would wait until the last minute to get it done. At the time, I felt as if studying or getting assignments done ahead of time did nothing to keep the information in my head, therefore, my only option was to do it a couple days before the due date. As a result, I ended up pressuring myself into doing well which I thought would encourage me more into doing my best but in the end, my full potential was not seen in my eyes. Even though I graduated in the top 10% with a 3.98 GPA, I always wonder what my standing would have been if I put in all my effort in everything I did. Yes, I was smart, but college allowed me to realize that I am way better than being a lazy slacker.

The best thing about my school are the professors and events. Although many people think that community colleges don't give valued education, I disagree for the fact that you are in a comfortable environment without the intimidation that university classrooms provide. The good thing about community colleges are that they are cheaper than universities yet they provide great knowledge, activities, clubs, and opportunities that you should have. My college has given me experiences that have honestly changed my previous thoughts about community colleges.

I think that overall, if you are the kind of person that doesn't take care of business or doesn't take things seriously, you should not attend my school. The employees make sure to take action whenever you don't meet standards. In the end, it's you choice to pursue further education, so if you truely don't want it, then you shouldn't go in putting in half of your effort.

Rachael

Decide what you want to do with your life before you start your freshman semester. It will make choosing classes and everything else so much easier, but don't be forced to major in something you don't want to do because you'll be miserable in the classes.

The best thing about my school is the the work is on the college level and is challenging in a good way.

The worst thing about my school is that most of the students don't take their education seriously and the professors don't try to make them show up and at least try. It's like being back in high school.

San Jacinto College is a small school with great benefits.

San Jacinto College is a small school with great benefits.

If i could tell myself one thing when i was a high senior, it would be to go to a university. I started out at a community college and even though i do love it there, i always wonder how awkard it will be when i transfer. Since most kids in my high school already went away to college i feel some what left behind. Even in a year when i do transfer to a university, most of the kids my age already had to go through the change i was doing at the moment two years ago.

The most frustrating thing about San Jacinto College is the parking.

Kelli

If I were able to talk to myself in high school again, I would tell myself not to listen to the counselor that told me my test scores were too low and to not even consider going to college. With her telling me that, it crushed my dreams of going to college. Then 6 years later I started going to college to better myself. No one ever said school was going to be easy, but if I would have went against the counselor's remarks I would not have given up in school. Because of her telling me that, I just stopped caring. My test grades slipped. I never attempted the SAT, because in the back of my mind, were the little words, I'm not good enough. Well I showed her, I am now in college, and pursuing my career! I will graduate college if it's the last thing I do.

I believe the best thing about my school, is the growing opportunity anyone can have. The counselors there are incredibly helpful helping you choose your major, and guiding you towards which classes you should be attending so you are not taking and paying for unneeded courses. For those either fresh out of highschool, or in my case, been out of school for quite some time, the teachers are very understanding, and most of them will go out of their way to insure you undrstand the material that is being discussed.

The absolute worst thing about my school is the crim in the parking lot. I know everywhere has crime now a days, but the cars are still being broken into. I know the police are doing their jobs, but I just wish there were just a few more survalencing the parking lots at all angles. Even having unmarked and out of uniform police offers would work. You never know if you are going to run into one.

San Jacinto offers a program for a piloting program which is unique to other schools. This is why I chose San Jacinto for my schooling.

If I could go back in time, I would let myself know that responsibility was more important than anything. I would tell myself to take more responsibility in everything that I participated in. For example, I would work hard in everything (schoolwork) as hard as I did in tennis. I accepted a major role in tennis when I was a senior, but I should have applied myself in other aspects of my life and schoolwork.

The most frustrating thing about San Jacinto is that I don't feel like I have any school mates that have any ambition to succeed.

Melanie

While my school is only a small two year community college, it's one of the most respected schools in my area. Most graduating seniors attend San Jacinto college before transferring to a larger four year school. The campus is very open and a great place to absorb knowlege.

One of the benefits of attending San Jacinto is that many of my classmates attended high school with me. Many of the other students attened neighboring high schools.

Where would the world be without second chances? Whenever a mistake is made, there is often an opportunity to right it. Sometimes though, there isn't the chance for a redo, more often than not, you have to live with your decisions and move on. If I could go back to my senior year with the information and experiences I have now, I would tell myself that it's okay to not have all the answers all at once. I would let myself know that even though you're not sure what you want to do with your life it doesn't mean the world is going to pass you by. You can take time to think about things and just slow down. Even though everything is going to feel like it's coming at you at once, it's okay to just take a breath. Unfortunately, this isn't possible, there is no redo. All I can do is take that advice and make sure to apply it to my life now. Hopefully I'll be able to look back in two years and know that I won't need a do-over.

Josh

The best advice i would give myself is to save every penny i earn. Focus on what I really want and what i am going to need. I would also tell myself to prepare for the future sooner because it gets tough and their are a number of things that can go wrong along the way. Again i would say, SAVE, SAVE, SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Travis

Cheaper tuition for the same educational purposes and goals, along with helpfull teachers and administrative staff. Small class room populations, acess to all the tools necsessary for success. Small campus allows easy mobilty.

Assuming i had a time machine i would be a very happy person for other purposes, considering forshadowing college transitions I would tell myself not to get in any financial contracts, from car payments to cell phone payments. Falling into these contracts lessens your college choice mobilty and decreases your finiancial budget for college, something that is never a good choice. Along with this I would tell myself to fill out every possible scolarship and financial aid application in site, this will increase the oportunity for a free ride through your first years of college. Along with planning for a less stressfull financial college future I would tell myself that attending a less prestigious community college will not lessen my opportunity for a successfull future, it might be a smart choice in an outstanding financial strategy for completeting the first years of college. And last i would tell myself to have fun and enjoy myself as a college student because it is going to be the best years of my life.

I tell my prospective college friends that San Jacinto college has a cheaper overall tuition compared to any other comunity college or university. I also tell them the class room experience is top notch, in otherwards you are recieving a quilty education. I' ve recently discovered that the coricumlum of San Jacinto college class rooms is the same of a more prestigious expensive University of Houston.

Nisi

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to take more math classes and to take AP classes. I would tell myself to apply for many scholarships and to not miss any deadlines for college applications. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to dump that loser I was dating because he will cause you to lose focus on school. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would tell myself to join more clubs and learn to be a part of a group, instead of being a loner. Unfortunately I cannot go back, so I will finish my education and pass my knowledge to my children so they can have a great college experience which will then lead to a good life for them.

I wish that I would have known more about the clubs at my school

San Jacinto Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.