Pasadena, TX
San Jacinto Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Jacinto Community College

Judith

San Jacinto is a great Community Collge for someone who is interested in getting their basic required classes in order to transfer to a state university. It is also great for people who want to pay less for their education or for those who have a family to support. It has great counselors and professors who would be delighted to guide and help you.

Alex

Depending on which campus you go to it is a different atmosphere at all three north, south, and central. I have only personally gone to central and south campus central campus is better of the two. Central campus has more of college feel to it rather than south which one still feel's like there in high school still. The professors are helpful over all there of course are those who could be better. There are a variety of degrees as well as certificates available to everyone interested. Cost is cheap compared to a university most classes will also transfer to a university.

Carson

It's Legit

It's Legit

Liza

It is my first year at any college so the experience is unforgettable. The teachers aren't rough and more than willing to speak to you one on one when they can. They may be a little less strict on your work as I've seen, because a lot of the classes are requirements and the goal is to pass the class. Putting in as much effort you want to get out. The flexibility is insane and very useful.

Kristine

APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS! Even though there's going to be essays at least try to apply! As for your major, plan out what requirements are needed, and what classes you will be taking. It's important that you take the right classes, and stay away from classses that aren't required for your transfer to a bigger university in the later year. Another advice is to not procrastinate, and to start getting into a routine habit of beginning things right away instead of doing it last minute. If you spend more time on your work your grade will reflect the amount of effort, and it will also show your professor how much you care for your education.

I don't have anything bad to say about my school. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a student at San Jacinto. The teachers are fantastic at teaching, and the students I have met are great.

As a first year attendee at San Jacinto, I have not found anything frustrating about my school.

jarrod

Specifically about college transition I would tell myself to enroll and try to take college courses while I could. Graduating with credits is a huge advantage compared to starting fresh and not being used to the workload. A lot of college students have this issue that I have come across and that is stressing and not getting enough sleep. I would let myself know it is ok to have fun and don't think it's a bad thing to go out and breathe a little bit. The last thing you want is to have a breakdown or have an overload and where I can't perform. The flip side of that is giving yourself enough rest. I know how I am and I wake up early in the morning and forget to go to bed at a decent time; so getting enough sleep at night would be something I would tell myself. The brain works so much better!

small campus, the people the go there are not active and social

Luis

I is known for great courses, cheaper tuition, and convenience.

I is known for great courses, cheaper tuition, and convenience.

College was a major wake up call for me. When I was in high school, the courses were fairly easy. However, that completely changed when I started college. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I need to study a lot more. I would tell myself that I should have taken a physics course so that I would not have much difficulty with Physics 2425 and Physics 2426. I would also tell myself to become a lttile more open minded when it came to speaking with others. I would have been able able to ask for help when I really needed it. Overall I would like to tell myself to not give up when the road gets tough and ask for help when I did not know how to solve something.

I think the professors are the best thing about my school, becuase they are very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Kendra

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself how to balance everything. If I wasn't being lazy, I was working way to hard and no matter what I was stressing myself out. I would tell myself to care, but not kill myself over every test, lab, or homework assignment; to not procrastinate like my friends did; to sleep more and take better care of mself. I had a bad habit of just allowing myself to run on autopilot and it took awhile for me to remind myself that I will have a lifetime of things I can put on autpilot, senior year isn't one of them. That is the year you make your biggest memories not the year to overwork yourself.

Jason

I wouldn't neccessarily say San Jacinto College had a sterotype. It is known for a wide range of diversity as a matter of fact, in regards to age, race, personality, and culture.

San Jacinto Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.